Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2016, 19:16   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Let me know if you think it look alright now?
Now that is what I call Sweeeeeeet Sleeper mobike008

Personally, one of the most subtle yet stunning mod on an Aspire bro. With the car having the performance aspect taken care, the exterior aspect of the true "Blue 4M Sedan" is in place now.

Some more pictures please for eye candy.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 09:14   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Now that is what I call Sweeeeeeet Sleeper mobike008
Thanks Vikram. It looks really sporty and already get a lot of glances from fellow road-users

Also, I have never spent a dime on it's detailing till date so I think it's high-time that I pamper it with a thorough exterior and interior wax and clean job
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 16:24   #318
BHPian

Last few months have been very busy. Finally took some time off and test drove the Aspire Titanium+(D) last weekend. Here are my observations (note that these observations are after driving petrol hatchbacks for around 10 years):
  • I had heard many people say that diesel cars can't compete with their petrol counterparts when it comes to initial pickup. However I didn't notice any such thing. It felt like driving a petrol car itself.
  • The gear shifts are a bit longish, and not as smooth as Ritz
  • The suspension and tyres absorbed the potholes and rough surface impacts very well. The overall drive was smooth.
  • No mobile holder in Titanium+. Really strange to see Ford provide this in Titanium and totally take it off in Titanium+.
  • Lack of rear AC vents. I guess this is common across all compact sedans.
  • Internal rear view mirror is a bit on the shorter side.
  • No reverse parking sensors/camera. With an elevated boot design, the reverse parking sensors/camera is a must. Wonder why Ford decided not to have them in the top-end variant.
  • 6 airbags is icing on the cake!

Haven't test driven the competitors: Amaze, Xcent, and Ameo. Looking forward to TD them in the coming weeks and will then take a final call.
scorpion_blore is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 18:46   #319
BHPian

Quote:
This is what I was worried about. Having used these products extensively

Used single channel as well as dual channel for Cruze and prior to that had used it in my Accent Viva CRDI (It had a Pete's box and green cotton air filter) and under hard accelaration it would smoke and it was embarrassing to see it in your rear-view mirror

But, if you ignore that embarrassment, it a pleasure to drive these tuned box cars

But, as you recommended I will wait for your suggestions before proceeding to buy one. I know the remap is superior but, i dont like to commit myself to something that cannot be "undone" as I dont know how long I will keep the car
Their fix has worked very well for P1 mode. Smoke is pretty much completely gone! P2 mode still suffers from smoke - I have to go down there again to get it fixed.

Meanwhile, their Dieseltronic Lite is available on Amazon for just 11K, possibly with upto 15% cashback as well! At that price, it's really a no-brainer. Just request them to put in the same map as they did for mine in P1 mode.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:12   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
[*]The gear shifts are a bit longish, and not as smooth as Ritz
Agree! The gears aren't too smooth and did you find them longish? I didnt think so but, compared to extremely short throws of the swift/ritz etc it may feel like that a bit

But, after a few thousand kms, it gets extremely smooth except for the stubborn reverse gear which gets stuck sometimes if you can shift casually. But, it's not at all a bad gearbox, it's very nice

Quote:
[*]No mobile holder in Titanium+. Really strange to see Ford provide this in Titanium and totally take it off in Titanium+.
What is a mobile holder? Is the gaping hole in front dashboard is what you referring to as a mobile holder?

Well, Aspire has plenty of cubby holes which more than makes up for this exclusion

Quote:
[*]Lack of rear AC vents. I guess this is common across all compact sedans.
Why do you need a rear AC vent? It's a sub 4-meter compact sedan and AC is so powerful that most of the time my family members ask me to turn it down

Quote:
[*]Internal rear view mirror is a bit on the shorter side.
Agree! Due to my height I need to bend down to look into the inside RVM and it's size is more asthetic than functional. But, is a minor irritant

Quote:
[*]No reverse parking sensors/camera. With an elevated boot design, the reverse parking sensors/camera is a must. Wonder why Ford decided not to have them in the top-end variant.
Yet again agree! But, Like most of us you can get a nice reverse parking sensor for as low as INR 3K

Quote:
[*]6 airbags is icing on the cake!
You can say that again. The peace of mind it gives is indescribable

Quote:
Haven't test driven the competitors: Amaze, Xcent, and Ameo. Looking forward to TD them in the coming weeks and will then take a final call.
Please drive all the competitors and it would be awesome if you can share a feedback of these 3 cars as well. Would be really interesting to know an outside view

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Their fix has worked very well for P1 mode. Smoke is pretty much completely gone! P2 mode still suffers from smoke - I have to go down there again to get it fixed.
Thanks for the update. When I used the RD box on my Cruze, I rarely used it in P2 as it had abilities to wet one's pants

P1 was more than enough as it used to churn about 180+ BHP

Good to know P1 smoke issues is resolved

Keep us posted when RD folks can solve the P2 that's when I will look at this product

Quote:
Meanwhile, their Dieseltronic Lite is available on Amazon for just 11K, possibly with upto 15% cashback as well! At that price, it's really a no-brainer. Just request them to put in the same map as they did for mine in P1 mode.
LITE is a weaker version of P1 and no way RD is getting my 10 grand for such a minor power upgrade

I prefer paying for the whole hog...LOL !!!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:26   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Agree! The gears aren't too smooth and did you find them longish? I didnt think so but, compared to extremely short throws of the swift/ritz etc it may feel like that a bit

But, after a few thousand kms, it gets extremely smooth except for the stubborn reverse gear which gets stuck sometimes if you can shift casually. But, it's not at all a bad gearbox, it's very nice
Very true! The gears feel rough while shifting. I mean, as if it lacks lubrication, feels like some parts are rubbing against each other. My Figo has done 17K Km's now and I am distinctly observing the change after say 12-13K Km's.

Hasn't someone talked about a 3M lubricant, which he got sprayed during service and that made a huge difference. I am seriously contemplating that. I was just wondering, if it is indeed a 3M lubricant can I get it sprayed at a 3M dealer instead?

Quote:
What is a mobile holder? Is the gaping hole in front dashboard is what you referring to as a mobile holder?

Well, Aspire has plenty of cubby holes which more than makes up for this exclusion
I believe he is talking about the Mobile dock which is available in Titanium variants (2 airbags). It sure is useful and convenient, if I may add.

Quote:
Why do you need a rear AC vent? It's a sub 4-meter compact sedan and AC is so powerful that most of the time my family members ask me to turn it down
Completely agree! No complaints by anyone even with 5 on board on an afternoon drive with no sunfilms.

Last edited by teemus : 20th October 2016 at 09:31.
Old 20th October 2016, 12:01   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post

Hasn't someone talked about a 3M lubricant, which he got sprayed during service and that made a huge difference. I am seriously contemplating that. I was just wondering, if it is indeed a 3M lubricant can I get it sprayed at a 3M dealer instead?
Yes, guilty as charged. You can even do it yourself - the box which holds the gear selector just has a plastic flap, which can be opened up yourself. So once you see the location of the box at the service center, you can spray it with the same lubricant every 2K KMs or so.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 12:38   #323
BHPian

Quote:
That came out wrong. I should have mentioned "Mobile dock". My bad! A mobile dock in Titanium+ would be pretty useful, however it is not a deal breaker.

Quote:
Yet again agree! But, Like most of us you can get a nice reverse parking sensor for as low as INR 3K
Yes, a reverse parking sensor is feasible. Is it possible to have a reverse parking camera? It looks like Ford's HU display cannot support video stream. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 20th October 2016, 13:39   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, guilty as charged. You can even do it yourself - the box which holds the gear selector just has a plastic flap, which can be opened up yourself. So once you see the location of the box at the service center, you can spray it with the same lubricant every 2K KMs or so.
Ok, thanks for the input. Will definitely get hold of it, if indeed it makes the experience smoother.

What hurts is the fact that my 16 year old Santro has butter smooth gear selection action even now! Figo's gear selector ought to get smoother with time but right now it is a sore point.

I am anyway planning to visit the 3M outlet this weekend for 3M Nomad mats. Speaking of which, has anyone got them installed in Figo/Aspire? The area to cover up the whole cabin would be close to 25-28 sq. ft. is what I am told by a rough guesstimate by 3M guys.

Quote:
That came out wrong. I should have mentioned "Mobile dock". My bad! A mobile dock in Titanium+ would be pretty useful, however it is not a deal breaker.

Yes, a reverse parking sensor is feasible. Is it possible to have a reverse parking camera? It looks like Ford's HU display cannot support video stream. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ford does have reverse parking camera, the display of which is integrated in the IRVM. Haven't checked the quality but obviously the size of the display will be small; it typically takes up half the IRVM width (or less).
Old 20th October 2016, 14:03   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I am anyway planning to visit the 3M outlet this weekend for 3M Nomad mats. Speaking of which, has anyone got them installed in Figo/Aspire
I have done a DIY of the same and it's perfect after almost a year. Cost me about 2000. I keep a small piece of an old mat where my feet rest.

Check out this thread for instructions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ighlight=Nomad

Last edited by samaspire : 20th October 2016 at 14:04.
Old 20th October 2016, 21:40   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh! I forgot to share the pics where I thanked god to bless me with 2 performance beasts on Dusshera
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_1619.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_1552.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_1550.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 09:43   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! I forgot to share the pics where I thanked god to bless me with 2 performance beasts on Dusshera
I have a very funny feeling bro that your '2 Wheeled Beast' is a bit jealous of your 'Four Wheeled Rocket' on that transformation.

Boy those White Lip looks stunning and together with the Black spokes compliments the Blue Shade of your Aspire all the way.

Dare I say that next to each other, the Kwacker's OEM Rims looks aftermarket !!
Old 21st October 2016, 16:25   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a very funny feeling bro that your '2 Wheeled Beast' is a bit jealous of your 'Four Wheeled Rocket' on that transformation.
Both are very good performance-wise and capable of really high speeds. BUT,

Out of the two, the lady who gets my extra attention is my "Dark Knight"...."Blue Bombardier" must be hating her "Souten" (Don't know the english word for it; Second wife? )

Quote:
Boy those White Lip looks stunning and together with the Black spokes compliments the Blue Shade of your Aspire all the way.
Oh yeah! I'm enjoying the envious glances that I'm getting with this minor modification. It's really looking killer now.

Quote:
Dare I say that next to each other, the Kwacker's OEM Rims looks aftermarket !!
Totally agree that green looks pathetic. Thanks to Aliexpress. But, it's just a sticker and can be peeled off in no time.

Btw, getting the Kawasaki green is nearly impossible and my search for proper Kawa green stickers is still on.

On that note, what color sticker do you think suits the kwacker rims? I hope we don't start the photoshop game again

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st October 2016 at 16:26.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 20:30   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On that note, what color sticker do you think suits the kwacker rims? I hope we don't start the photoshop game again
To be very honest, I am not too good with Bikes as I am a total Car-holic !!

The Blue shade, Dark spokes and that stunning White lip together looks so good on your Aspire that a similar attempt on the bike almost looks like a shoddy job. Don't get me wrong as I am in no way hinting to the fact that it is bad.

In fact, with all the lesser/cheaper bikes likes FZs, Pulsars, etc having such coloured rims, the premium bikes like your Kwacker has almost lost its uniqueness when it comes to such designs!!

Did your bike actually come with that rim paint or was it a D.I.Y job?

Last edited by Vik0728 : 21st October 2016 at 20:32.
Old 22nd October 2016, 00:46   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree that green looks pathetic. Thanks to Aliexpress. But, it's just a sticker and can be peeled off in no time
Quote:
Did your bike actually come with that rim paint or was it a D.I.Y job?
I mentioned in my previous post. It's a radium sticker sourced from Ali Express but, in real it does not as bad as in picture when looked on an overall perspective and plus point is it reflects in dark

A look from the overall perspective
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_0797.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd October 2016 at 00:51.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks