Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 10:32   #1486
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
I checked out the weight of the car today. It is 1360 kg. The tank was slightly more than 1/2 full. The tank is 55 lts capacity. So 1330 kg give or take a couple of kg
Wheeliej - kudos for going the extra mile man

Your figure differs significantly to the 1680 Kg figure I was given by my showroom, and which was apparently given to them by Hyundai for submission to the local RTO here (some idiosyncrasy in the system here calls for separate RTO clearance in our district for every new model).

Also, kerb weight should include a full tank of fuel if we are to compare kerb weighs across manufacturers - so I guess based on your weighing, it should be around 1380 Kg for the Creta...hmm...not so impressive after all then...

Last edited by mr.kaybee : 4th August 2015 at 10:59. Reason: I think I put in too many icons...and incorrect math
Old 4th August 2015, 11:56   #1487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Management Punditz has brought out the numbers for July 2015 sales.

The Creta sees 6,783 units being shipped to the dealers for the month, which puts the Hyundai compact SUV in the Top 10 cars of the month at #9 position, leapfrogging over the newly launched Honda Jazz, which garnered 6,676 units for the same time period and finds itself slotted at #10 position.

SOURCE
Looks like the Creta (and maybe S Cross) effect is hitting the C Segment.

City-5181 vs 7187 in June (Partially may be due to production priority for the Jazz)
Ciaz-2099 vs 3700 in June
Verna-1328 vs 1620 in June (Continues to drop. VW starting to dream of the 3rd spot)
Vento-1271 vs 1530
Rapid-1024 vs 903 (Only one to have an increase)

(Linea, Fiesta, Sunny, Scala-Ignorable double digit numbers)

Duster seems to be hit: 1005 vs 2310 in June

XUV and Ecosport maintain/increase numbers.

Would be interesting to see how this pans out over the next few months.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 12:19   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I have sat in the back seat of an Innova for 400kms and did not find it claustrophobic or uncomfortable. Infact I was sitting on one side with 2 full size suitcases behind me.
Kudos to you!
Since I own an Innova, I can say that it demands almost exceptional levels of flexibility, patience and perseverance to do what you did.

On the other hand, I never reconcile with having two full suitcases at the back and an adult sitting on the third row.

In the context of the conversation, I agree with Shankar and he makes a very valid point regarding the popular 7/8 seaters in the market.
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:28   #1489
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Folks, there is a small correction to be noted in an earlier post of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The static bending lamps use 55W H11B bulbs.

The bulbs inside the projector headlamps are 55W 9005 HL+ ones, while the lower variants use 60/55W H4 headlamp bulbs.

The front fog lamps on all variants utilise 35W H8 bulbs.
The lower (i.e. Base, S and S+) variants' conventional reflectors actually use 55W H4 headlamp bulbs, and not 60/55W H4 bulbs as mentioned in the post.

I'm sorry about the earlier mistake. I've also requested the moderators to make the correction in my post, and it has been corrected immediately. Thank you, mods!

Last edited by RSR : 4th August 2015 at 13:44.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 13:58   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Looks like the Creta (and maybe S Cross) effect is hitting the C Segment.

City-5181 vs 7187 in June (Partially may be due to production priority for the Jazz)
Ciaz-2099 vs 3700 in June
Verna-1328 vs 1620 in June (Continues to drop. VW starting to dream of the 3rd spot)
Vento-1271 vs 1530
Rapid-1024 vs 903 (Only one to have an increase)

(Linea, Fiesta, Sunny, Scala-Ignorable double digit numbers)

Duster seems to be hit: 1005 vs 2310 in June

XUV and Ecosport maintain/increase numbers.

Would be interesting to see how this pans out over the next few months.
From these figures it looks like the sedans in the category are the most affected by the Creta's arrival. And of course the Duster, being a direct rival. Ecosport, a segment below, & XUV, a segment above (or should I say half a segment in both cases?) seem to have benefitted. I don't want to read too much into these figures since it's early days but maybe - just maybe, the effect of the Creta & S Cross would be the increase of small SUV share at the expense of the sedans. Beginning of a shift?
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 14:38   #1491
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Water Wadding capability & AT

Quote:
The Creta might be able to handle it but Hyundai hasn't specified any water wading capabilities something which Ford did and other so called SUV's do as well. So we don't really know.

Waterlogged roads upto what depth? The Yeti is only rated by Skoda for wading depth of 300mm which is lesser than the Ecosport. The reason is because the air intake in the Skoda is lower down. I would be careful next time.

Actually speaking ground clearance is the lowest point in the under body. So the 180mm might be between the wheels which will be more than enough unless you take it off road over a rocky trail. For urban roads, the clearance between the front and rear wheels and the front overhang is the one that is more important.

The 190mm in the Creta looks to be sufficient with not very large overhangs.
Quote:
Try going to Mumbai, Delhi or Kolkata. Everytime it rains you need that 500mm water wading capability. My uncle has had an engine seized on his Fiesta in Kolkata.

Forget those cities. Bangalore alone has the issue. Any low lying areas and you're finished with a hatch or sedan.

It is not at all irrelevant with our roads here. With a hydrostatic lock you are looking at minimum 1 lakh in repair. If I am paying a premium for a so called crossover or compact SUV, it should atleast handle the city deluge that happens every single monsoon.

The Ecosport is 200mm and Duster is even more. It's acceptable but amongst the lowest.

The edge when it comes to manual transmission. Only thing I can see extra is the sat nav screen with reversing camera. The Automatic Ecosport is a 6 speed DSG with 6 airbags, ESP, hill hold and some extra features. The Creta Automatic is diesel with an older 6 speed torque converter and costs a whooping 6 lakhs more on road. For someone looking for an automatic crossover and is ok with the lesser space, the ecosport makes more sense. The 6 lakhs you save is more than enough for the fuel.

The SX+ diesel AT is 17 lakhs on road which is way too much for the features you get.

The SX(O) is also 17 lakhs on road but you get a lot more for your buck. leather seats, 6 airbags, larger 17" alloys with spare alloy, leather seats, ESP, hill hold, supervision cluster and a lot more small features. Atleast you get everything you can imagine for a car of that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
No defence at all. Im not even going to buy one and I really don't care too much!
1.I have used my Yeti on the waterlogged streets of Bangalore and so far so good. I have driven my old shape Maruti 800 in the Madras rains when the water actually went over the bonnet. Same with my Bolero on Koramangala 80 feet road near the present day Nature's Basket. Nothing happened.
I think the Creta can handle the Indian rainy season as well as the EcoSport or Duster but I am yet to see proof.

2. GC: The Scorpio has a GC of 180mm as does the Yeti. This may be adjudged to be amongst the lowest but they certainly suffice.

5. I appreciate the points made on pricing when it comes to the AT - as Ive said earlier, they could certainly have given us much more for the AT at that price.
Some Points:

Shankar truly appreciate the neutrality with which you have been backing the Creta though you have no plans of buying one. It just shows the other side of the coin and a different view point. Maybe though I am more with Vid6636 on the SUVish traits of Creta vs EcoSport and Duster.

We all seem to agree that the Creta is underfeatured in AT trip or rather over priced.

When I picked up the EcoSport capability to go through Water and Ground Clearance was top priority for me. Hence I sold of my Laura AT (and also the Aria at that time) for peanuts though a vehicle from a higher segment and bought the AT EcoSport.

I have driven the Safari through about 800 mm of water (but for a short period when we had a cloud bust type scenario in Thane and the electricals did get damaged and water got into places it shouldn't in. Leading to me selling it off in a few more years due to repeat failure of various electrical parts post that.

I had have the occasion to drive even the Cielo AT with water over the bonnet and again it too did kinda cope with the short burst and was also damaged in some manner - don't recollect how exactly. Driving the Laura through a lot of water (maybe about 200-300 mm) was very scary and made me change vehicle as soon as the EcoSport AT was available. If the capability has been stated by Ford to be say 300 mm I would not have selected it and 500 mm is what I actually require at the minimum on occasion in Mumbai and this gives me a great sense of peace. The other aspect of importance to me was ground clearance and after the Aria and Safari I developed a habit of not slowing down too much for rough roads and speed bumps. This was problematic in the Laura, and is better in the EcoSport but not fully solved, as while it does not hit the bottom it does get unsettled and has a hard suspension compared to the Safari and the Aria. This was solved partially with a Rogers suspension and Bigger size tyres.

Creata and Duster have the advantage of bigger tyres over the EcoSport and this helps tackle rough roads better. It is not just the Suspension but also the tyres that help. Infact in the EcoSport sizes there are no AT tyres in 16" rims while the options exist for Duster and Creta size.

AT: The EcoSport AT is a better vehicle overall than the Creta and yet priced about 5.5L less OTR. And that is a huge difference. (Lets keep the Petrol and Diesel aspect aside for now.)

Size: Yes the Creta is more spacious compared to the EcoSport and less compared to the Duster. yet the Creta like the EcoSport is a 4 Adult or 4 Adult plus 1 kid kid of vehicle on long drives. The Edge for me for the Creta is in the rear seat arm rest that is foldable vs the fixed accessory that EcoSport has.

But if one is looking for Sedan like space and comfort then the Creta provides it better than the Duster and the EcoSport both. EcoSport and Duster both provide a more semi SUVish space, in how you walk in and sit in the vehicle. So if one wants to look at an alternative to C and lower D segment vehicles then the Creta is a better bet.

Luggage Space: Now lets look at a condition of carrying 3 adults or even 4 and lot of luggage in the Creta or EcoSport. While the Creats definitely has a large luggage space area, it does not have the flexibility of 60:40 split seats so at most you can have 2 + Lots & lots of luggage but never 3 + Lots of Luggage as the back bench cannot be folded partially.

I have travelled in the EcoSport with wife and 1 & 2 kids with 2 cycles (Including 1 full size) and infact have posted the snaps on the EcoSport thread, (Kid/s in the back seat not on the front). This cannot be done in the Creta.

It would have been good to have AWD/ 4X4 in all of the vehicle but sadly only the Duster has it and it is missed by me on the EcoSport.

A key differential in design that you see with the Creta is the very short dash board vs the really large Dashboard of the EcoSport (more than twice the size). So while the EcoSport has the Engine bay coming into the cab kind of design the Creta doesn't. Just a difference worth noting. In that sense the dash of the EcoSport is a bit like the Safari, Aria, Fortuner, Innova, while that of the Creta is a bit like the Scorpio and Duster.

Visibility: Creta has in my view better visibility than the EcoSport by a BIG margin but the seating position is a bit lower and definitely the Duster has a better more commanding seating position.

Steering: Creta missed the reach adjustment of the EcoSport. Don't know why though. But then the New Endeavour too does not have it?

On the subject of the new Endeavour the Water Wading capability has been among the first details that are available and it is rated at 800mm which is higher than the current Fortuner at least and is infact in the Land Rover territory. With the right pricing...

But in the end to me EcoSport and Duster are more of an SUV in all manners compared to the Creta which may be a better vehicle - but then at what price?
ACM is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 06:30   #1492
Distinguished - BHPian

My ownership report is live. Not as detailed as the creta man's report, .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...1-6d-sx-o.html
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:19   #1493
BHPian

Am not able to upload pics due to security error,I dont know what is it.Anyways got few pics from twitter feed regarding Ssangyong Tivoli,it got me mistaken for Creta.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:32   #1494
BHPian

Just out of curiosity, can anyone please justify why Hyundai have decided to carry over the front headlights from ix25 and have skipped on the led tail lamps. As the supposedly 'perfect suv' I would except such a minor detail to not be excluded. How much possibly would it increase the cost by I am wondering as I assumed manufacturing led units aren't as expensive as they were say 5 years back. If we Indians are expected to pay as much as it is costing then I am sure most of us would appreciate being offered the same features or maybe even as an options.

The top spec 2.0 AWD in china is around 17 lacs and although I understand not being offered the perfect package right from start as the Chinese auto market is much more developed than ours and manufacturers want to keep some features for facelifts here. I really wouldn't mind spending additional only if we were just given the options. Anyhow I am still going to buy this car as I feel it would satisfy my needs for the next 5 years.
souvik6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:55   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
They treated me badly when I went to check out Creta in Trident Hyundai. I have been a Hyundai customer for the last 13 years and I could see that the hype around Creta has changed their attitude. Even though there was no crowd, nobody cared to talk to me. Many executives were just sitting there. Even when I went to the executive, he did not bother to give proper answers. They were serving refreshments and water to people who were doing the booking. Even though I asked for a glass of water and stood in front of the receptionist for a long time, no one bothered. I just walked out disappointed that success has spoilt my beloved company.

Compared to Hyundai, I was treated very well when I went to Nexa dealership. The executive attended to me promptly once he became free. Was quite knowledgeable and interested in selling the car. Emailed ebrochure even without a request from me. Highly professional and very impressed.
This attitude has always been there at Hyundai, I had a bad experience when I was looking for my first hatch back in 2001 and no one seemed to care at the show room in South Delhi (a bunch of sales reps were crowded around a desk chatting). So I hopped into the Maruti Showroom next door and booked a Wagon R. Dealing at a Mahindra showroom has always been a pleasure and not to say anything about the experience at BMW showrooms (I was exploring a X1 at one point of time).

Similar bad experience was there with Hyundai when my bro in law bought his i20 upgrading from a Santro, but he would buy nothing except a Hyundai so we had to bear the attitude and delays right from seeing the vehicle to delivery.

This time round I at least got prompt call from the dealer in Navi Mumbai for a TD of Creta, who seemed genuinely interested in explaining the features and providing the on road prices. I couldn't make it for the TD on Sun due to other engagements but the wait time of 8 months which I was quoted, put me off.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:56   #1496
BHPian

So the S-Cross top end has been priced at 13.75L ex-Delhi! That's 15k more than the Creta top end @ 13.6L! The Creta doesn't look so bad now

There was talk of how Hyundai could have stolen the market (which it seems to be doing anyway), pricing it closer to the Duster and Terrano, but Maruti could have really stolen Creta customers by pricing it on par or even slightly less. I guess the imported engine is to be blamed.

A very large number of people were disappointed and even cancelled their Creta bookings, but I expect a larger number will be disappointed with the S-cross prices.

Last edited by vivekh15 : 5th August 2015 at 12:59.
vivekh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 15:18   #1497
BHPian

Coming from S Cross pricing, Creta looks decently priced now. Over that last couple of weeks, I've gotten used to the Creta price (still expensive for me). Few of my friends booked the SXO for 17.2 OTR Bangalore. They have a wait time of 4 months. Maybe in another 6-8 months I might warm up to the Creta prices.

Waiting for other launches (TUV300). But that will be under 4m. Not sure about space.

I'll probably have to start exploring the sedans now. But I need the high GC :(

The wait for my next car continues.
sngautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:33   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
They treated me badly when I went to check out Creta in Trident Hyundai. I have been a Hyundai customer for the last 13 years and I could see that the hype around Creta has changed their attitude. Even though there was no crowd, nobody cared to talk to me. Many executives were just sitting there. Even when I went to the executive, he did not bother to give proper answers. They were serving refreshments and water to people who were doing the booking. Even though I asked for a glass of water and stood in front of the receptionist for a long time, no one bothered. I just walked out disappointed that success has spoilt my beloved company
Couldn't agree with you more buddy! Went to the same place and again, have been a Hyundai loyalist with two purchases straight out of the same showroom in 2014 and in 2015 but still, when I went to check out the 'Creta' last Sunday with my family, I just dumped all the respect at their door step and silently walked away.

Though the place was not crowded (but was certainly crowded with their staff), even after 10 minutes, not a single soul approached me or even made an eye contact! Went upto the front desk and asked for a sales person who could assist me and again, the individual, looking down, said he will be here in a minute.

Another 5 mins, no one turned up. Pulled up a guy and asked if he was a sales person to hear a 'yes', in a completely non-enthusiastic tone.

Not wanting to waste anymore time, I took a good look at the vehicle and when I was supposed to leave, the sales person who I interacted with earlier (for the other two purchases), finally made an appearance and even said that he knew I will be here to check out the new SUV, but then that's more from a personal angle and from a professional point of view, the staff actually did not care much.

Last edited by vinair : 5th August 2015 at 16:35.
Old 5th August 2015, 18:57   #1499
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
My expectations were perhaps floating way above the clouds. They came crashing back to Earth faster than the speed of light when Mr. Rakesh Shrivastava announced the prices on stage.
I can't believe I typed the above statement of mine conveying deep disappointment about the Creta's pricing just 15 days ago. Wow, just how much the world changes in the span of merely half-a-month!

The Creta 1.6 CRDi SX(O) MT looks like excellent value-for-money now. Real bang for every single buck that goes out of the pocket, and how!

Side airbags. Curtain airbags. Electronic Stability Program. Vehicle Stability Management. Hill Assist Control.

The superb safety feature list alone makes it look like it's worth every paisa of the 13.6 lac rupee ex-showroom price (Delhi) now. And if the extensive safety feature list wasn't enough, there's more:

A pair of dedicated static bending lamps with 55W bulbs. 17-inch dual-tone ("diamond cut") alloy wheels. 215/60 R17 tyres. An alloy spare wheel (full-sized). Twin rear A/C vents (they're bi-directionally adjustable, too). A cluster ioniser. And some minor ones. All this without even getting into things like design and additional ground clearance.

Even the 1.6 CRDi SX+ AT looks like it's completely worth every single paisa of the 13.57 lac rupee asking price (ex-showroom, Delhi). While it may lose the additional safety features of the SX(O), it still retains the ones that are essential (what is offered by the competition), and most of the other features. The footwear (while not 17-inchers) leaves no room for complaint at all, being 205/65 R16 ones on single-tone ("clean silver") alloys.

Surprisingly, the SX+ AT also gets some additional features over the SX(O) MT - 60:40 split folding rear seats, 3 (three) adjustable neck restraints for the rear seat, and ISOFIX anchors for child seats.

Needless to say, the 1.6 CRDi SX+ AT is a 6-speed diesel automatic. Considering how rare proper diesel automatics are in the sub-2 million rupee price range, the 1.6 CRDi SX+ AT also turns out to be another real bang-for-your-buck offering now!

Like I've maintained right from the beginning, Hyundai certainly needed to offer a petrol engine option on the Creta, and thankfully they did so with the 1.6 Gamma dual VTVT!

Albert Einstein, take a bow! What a brilliant mind he had (may G-d bless his noble soul) to come up with a scientifically complicated theory (at that time). His famous theory is applicable not only in the field of physics, but in so many other ways that have almost nothing to do with the context he originally had in mind!

Last edited by RSR : 5th August 2015 at 19:20.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:02   #1500
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my Lazarus officially registered earlier today. This helped in finding out the exact weight numbers given by Hyundai officially to dealerships to register the Creta in the RTO registration process:

For my 1.6L SX+ VTVT (Petrol), they are-

Unladen kerb weight = 1265 kg
Gross weight (5 persons + luggage) = 1690 kg

Also, the final add-up of all costs of my Lazarus is 12,78,857/- OTR. (including Zero-Dep Insurance)

Will post a snap of the RC & Smart Card as soon as I receive them.

LINK

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th August 2015 at 19:05.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks