Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 21:27   #31
BHPian

re: I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!

I really like the storage nets and steering mobile holder.
Where do we get these ?

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 13:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I really like the storage nets and steering mobile holder.
Where do we get these ?

Prem.
Hi Prem,

I have ordered all the accessories for the Storme from AliExpress. There is a long delay in shipping, but the products are worth it.

Let me know if you want the specific URL of which vendor I've purchased it from, I'll PM you the link. Better to go with trusted ones.
Old 18th January 2015, 17:04   #33
BHPian

Storate net , RS and super charger logos all look awesome and very neatly done. I am not a big fan of chrome especially in the interiors but to each his own. And that placement of door guards was interesting
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:39   #34
BHPian

Haven't updated since a while now guys, but I made a first long trip with the beast!

Felt great to take the Storme out of the city to the roads it's actually made for! Had driven down for the SOUL South Regional Drive organized by Tata Motors.
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-0.jpg

Trip Start ODO: 3,483 KMS
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg

Trip End ODO: 4,834 KMS
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.jpg

Total Distance Covered: 1351 KMS

Performance:
Maximum KMPL achieved was 13. Details are as shown below:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.png
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.png

The Storme handled itself VERY WELL in the super bad roads towards the NH 4A in Karnataka.
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.jpg

The above image actually was the most beautiful stretch of road, for most of the last 50 KM stretch towards the Karnataka border approaching Goa, I was very paranoid of the shock absorbers starting to leak due to many sudden hits & dumps. But surprisingly the beast pulled through without a single hesitation.

Just a few pictures of the beast during the trip:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-8.jpg

Will be posting a bit about the trip as well, but in the SOUL thread.
rohansachar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 12:38   #35
BHPian

Lovely post and picts Rohan and very helpful for me since I am planning to move from Sedan (Honda City) to SUV (most probably the Tata Safari Chrome).

I am hoping the new model they are launching Mid 2015 will have all the great features and more.

Posted in a hurry and forgot to ask about the source of your customization accessories for the LIMITED EDITION Logo, Chrome Lining Strip, RS Logo (Super cool! ) among the other things...

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2015 at 17:01. Reason: Merging back to back posts
xistinchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
Lovely post and picts Rohan and very helpful for me since I am planning to move from Sedan (Honda City) to SUV (most probably the Tata Safari Chrome).

I am hoping the new model they are launching Mid 2015 will have all the great features and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistinchaos View Post
Posted in a hurry and forgot to ask about the source of your customization accessories for the LIMITED EDITION Logo, Chrome Lining Strip, RS Logo (Super cool! ) among the other things...
Thanks a lot xistinchaos! Safari will be a good upgrade, & the new ones launch is probably just around the corner. Almost all the details of the new Storme are available in the new thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...offing-36.html

Regarding the accessories, I've ordered all of them online. Let me know which one's you're specifically interested in. I'll PM you the direct product URL.

It's been a while since I've updated the thread. Did the second service of the beast at 5,500 KMs. Current ODO stands at 7,300 KMs appx.
As always trend of Tata Service, during the washing of the second service, the was apparently an internal vacuum cleaning done. The quality was so POOR that the mat at the boot, was completely wet when putting in back in the car. AND there are open wires behind of the woofer:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.jpg

In the beast itself, the only issue noticed recently is that the FE has gone to hell! Mumbai traffic plus constant AC has taken a toll & the FE in certain instances has even gone as low as 8.5 KM/PL
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-fe-trend.png
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-fe-summary.png

Apart from the regular, have been trying to Do Something Amazing with the Storme:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.jpg

Had recently made a close by trip to Pune Lavassa. The beast is just amazing on the highway! It's purely on the highway where you truly remember the purpose of your purchase itself!
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.jpg

Currently, appx 25% driving has been on the highways & 75% city.

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.

Last edited by rohansachar : 22nd April 2015 at 15:14.
rohansachar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 14:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post

Regarding the accessories, I've ordered all of them online. Let me know which one's you're specifically interested in. I'll PM you the direct product URL.

Regards,
Rohan
Thanks for the link Rohan. Have been following it as well. I am interested in the 3 accessories I wrote about - LIMITED EDITION Logo, Chrome Lining Strip, custom initials Log.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd April 2015 at 15:00.
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:48   #38
BHPian

Rohan, How has been your experience in terms of the reliability that Storme offers. Do you recommend Storme over scorpio and XUV. I always wanted to buy a Safari but only refrain because of the issue it has been related with. Your updates are very neutral and encouraging.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 14:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
Rohan, How has been your experience in terms of the reliability that Storme offers. Do you recommend Storme over scorpio and XUV. I always wanted to buy a Safari but only refrain because of the issue it has been related with. Your updates are very neutral and encouraging.
Hi Joel,

Being honest, if you NEED gadgets & features, Scorpio & XUV are the options you should consider.
BUT, if you need a hardcore SUV feel, it should be Safari. I'm basing this on having Test Driven all the cars.

- XUV will give you a smoother drive, but the raw power is missing.
- New Scorpio too has improved a lot over the previous one, but the primary driving presence & control feels is what's still lacking from Scorpio as an SUV.

Buying a Storme is accepting you're buying a beast. You need to take care of it, listen to it's every tiny wants & needs. Spoil it, with more than occasional long drives.

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.
rohansachar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 09:02   #40
BHPian

Thanks Rohan for the distinct difference you have quoted here. The Storme is hardcore SUV and I could see the exact difference that you mentioned here during my stint of recent test drives. I am just waiting for the new Storme to get launched before I can take a final call on this.
joelchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 14:00   #41
BHPian

A minor update. The beast is roaring as always! BUT there seems to be an itch to leave the city. Hopefully, will take it out soon enough.

As mentioned in my previous update, the FE has improved again with the average with city(with AC) at 10.2 KMPL.

In the meantime, a nifty DIY to improve the look at feel. MOOD LIGHTING!! I've always felt the interiors in the Storme/Dicor have been purely basic & designed with pure functionality in mind. Nothing over & above like the XUV. Hence the desire to incorporate mood lights.

Final result, the beast welcoming with open arms
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-0.-welcome.jpg

Components:
1. EL Wire
2. 3M 3mm two way tape(no foam)
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-1.-components.jpg

I had ordered 5M wire, assuming the same would be fine for multiple door lines and dash. I WAS WRONG. The interior of Storme are HUGE & very well spaced. Hence the final fitment on the door could incorporate only 1 line:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-2.-procedue-starts.jpg

Rest pending to line up:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-3.-free-form.jpg

Dash fitting:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-4.jpg

Drive Side View:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-5.-driver-side-view.jpg

Drive Side Installation:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-6.-drive-side.jpg

FINAL RESULT:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-7.-done-inside.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-8.-done-open.jpg

The whole procedure took about 3 hours, & since it was 3 AM, had to give up on the rear doors. Will update again with the entire setup results

I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-9.-beast.jpg

Regards,
Rohan Sachar.
rohansachar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 17:21   #42
BHPian

Rohan looking at the passion you have for the Beast , i have become your fan. I like the mood lighting you have done and myself am a fan of it.

Now just waiting for a few things to line up before i have my Beast (face lifted Storme) standing in my garage!
rosaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 17:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Rohan looking at the passion you have for the Beast , i have become your fan. I like the mood lighting you have done and myself am a fan of it.

Now just waiting for a few things to line up before i have my Beast (face lifted Storme) standing in my garage!
The Safari is a tricky car my friend, it INVOKES PASSION.

Once the beast arrives in your garage as well, you'll love nothing more than seeing it stand there.

Regards,
Rohan
Old 7th September 2015, 16:59   #44
BHPian

Hello!

Sorry, but it's been a while since I've updated the status of the beast. Work, work & more work! But just posting an update on the beast was delayed, not the care taking of the beast itself.

So, these were the first monsoon with the Storme & I must admit, it's just beautiful to drive it in the rain! The handling is just fantastic.
10,000 KM mark:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-10k-km.jpg

Safari Enjoying it's first monsoon:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-safari-1st-rain-2.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-safari-1st-rain-1.jpg

The Storme has completed 14K KMs on the ODO & it's completed it's 3rd service. HOWEVER, before the beast went into service, there was a list made by me of some of the concerns I had:
1. The suspension felt a little harder
2. Passenger window started getting stuck a little while rolling up
3. The rear wiper completely wore out within a year! Although, partial blame also lied here with the car cleaner who handles these parts very roughly
4. OVERALL, the beast seemed a little lazy in general. The initial kick seemed to be reducing, which as a concern.

The SA was told all the issues in the 3rd service, which surprisingly, were ALL addressed to in 1 shot! The cost of the 3rd service however was Rs. 14,745. This was primarily due to the use of Synthetic oils over the standard one. I did have some doubts to go for Mineral Oils, since the cost difference was almost 3x, but one search on Team-BHP made me convinced that I needed to go with Synthetic. Link for reference:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html

IMMEDIATE noticeable difference of Synthetic Oil vs. Mineral Oil:
1. The beast feels much lighter & the power of the engine feels as when it was brand new(don't know if it's 100% because of synthetic oils or oil change itself)
2. The immediate FE has gone by tremendously. Don't have hard stats yet since the fuel consumption post service has been only half a tank. Will definitely update on the same.

Beast Ownership Regrets:
I guess the only regret I have is not being able to take the Storme out of the city more often.
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-safari-explorer.jpg

And as always, some minor additions to further improve the interiors:
Explorer Inside Out:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-safari-accessory-1.jpg
Voltmeter:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme! EDIT: Sold!-safari-accessory-2.jpg

Regards,
Rohan

Last edited by rohansachar : 7th September 2015 at 17:01.
rohansachar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 17:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
In the meantime, a nifty DIY to improve the look at feel. MOOD LIGHTING!!
Components:
1. EL Wire
2. 3M 3mm two way tape(no foam)
That awesomely beautiful Rohan. too.
Can you help me with the source of EL wire.

Searching for a reliable source since a long time now.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks