Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 15:48   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My *new* Maruti Swift VDi, the first on Team-BHP!

Excellent review there Dinar ( nice to see you active after a long time) and it looks very close to the official review format

The new swift cosmetically both exterior and interior wise has undergone decent improvement and looks way stylish than the prev gen

The dash cluster looks very nice and contemporary. Has the rear seat space improved as that was one place I could never fit

Hope that there are no rattles to this version. Have a great time driving it on those beautiful goa roads....
Old 26th September 2011, 16:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Test drove the new Swift and liked. We have also booked a similar white VDi. Waiting period is 4-5 months but we may get it earlier.
Good to hear that Maruti can deliver the new swift with at least a waiting period mentioned, here the dealer was not telling anything after the issues with manufacturing but was taking booking even after the word on the net was maruti stopped booking for the new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Excellent review there Dinar ( nice to see you active after a long time) and it looks very close to the official review format

The new swift cosmetically both exterior and interior wise has undergone decent improvement and looks way stylish than the prev gen

The dash cluster looks very nice and contemporary. Has the rear seat space improved as that was one place I could never fit

Hope that there are no rattles to this version. Have a great time driving it on those beautiful goa roads....
Thank you mobike008, Tired to keep it as close to official format as possible. But since the car was brought home I have had not time so updates have been a bit slow.
Hoping to see you and the cruze sometime soon in these parts.

A small update, My friend and business partner [Technologist here] has picked a Ford Figo [diesel] and in comparison I find the engine sounds Harsh in the swift as compared t the figo when the turbo spools up, that's around 2000-2200 rpm and above.

Also since I have door speakers in the car , standard fitment from the Maruti dealer, the door panel vibrate when the sound is cranked up, [I listen to loud music] time to get a proper install with Damping and a sub.

Have been doing 100-150 KM trips for last 4 days and the tank is still not reached a point where it needs refueling and that's a good sine .
The information displace shows average of 18 kmpl but the real time fuel consumption is gone up on the same roads to 21-23 as compared to 17-19 previously ,good figures these days as most of the runs are on highways and a time when traffic is minimum [early mornings and late night].
Will find out if the real figure are close to what the information display shows this time.
dinar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 23:19   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
A small update, My friend and business partner [Technologist here] has picked a Ford Figo [diesel] and in comparison I find the engine sounds Harsh in the swift as compared t the figo when the turbo spools up, that's around 2000-2200 rpm and above.
A month back had taken a test drive of Ford Figo diesel , the test car was showing 7000+ KMs on the odo and as you mention the engine sound within the cabin was not much , however the body rattle was very much evident.

Hope the rattling does not creep in so quickly in the NEW swift.
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:50   #64
BHPian

A quick question - what odo reading does maruti recommend for first oil change? 1K, 5K or 10K for the Multijet engine?
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvishnu View Post
A quick question - what odo reading does maruti recommend for first oil change? 1K, 5K or 10K for the Multijet engine?
Maruti recommends 1k for first oil change.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:54   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1K , for the first oil change only, no filter change.
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:41   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Maruti recommends 1k for first oil change.
Quote:
1K , for the first oil change only, no filter change.
Surprisingly.. for the new Tata Vista, TML recommends first change at 1K. was surprised, and didn't change today when i was at first service.
Old 4th October 2011, 10:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly.. for the new Tata Vista, TML recommends first change at 1K. was surprised, and didn't change today when i was at first service.
TATAs always had 1k oil change for every vehicle till date,not just MJD/quadrajet. it's as standard for all engine tata follows.
If not changed please get it changed and endorsed on the service book, or warranty issues come up, even if an electrical issue comes up it is not honored cause engine oil was not changed.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:08   #69
BHPian

Quote:
TATAs always had 1k oil change for every vehicle till date,not just MJD/quadrajet. it's as standard for all engine tata follows.
If not changed please get it changed and endorsed on the service book, or warranty issues come up, even if an electrical issue comes up it is not honored cause engine oil was not changed.
I know that you such a comment in jest, But the Aria has a 15k oil change interval.

Read it on ACM's thread...
Old 4th October 2011, 13:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Dinar, are you saying that even if the 1K oil change was not done, electrical warranty etc could be void? my problem is that the SA, the product catalogue, the 1K service checklist etc etc do not mention anything about the oil change. the next step is to probably check with tata's 24*7 helpline!
Old 4th October 2011, 16:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dinar, are you saying that even if the 1K oil change was not done, electrical warranty etc could be void? my problem is that the SA, the product catalogue, the 1K service checklist etc etc do not mention anything about the oil change. the next step is to probably check with tata's 24*7 helpline!
NO I am just saying these thing come to haunt sometimes. I had issues with Indica Ac Knob breaking and I had fight for getting it replaced. The service station just stuck it and gave back , and when I tried to use the warranty claim with the company I was told that it stuck previously and so warranty can not be claimed, So I am just saying be sure of thing and get the regular service done. And keep the bills and photo copy of the job card [that helps a lot] if there is no mention on the service book.
Old 8th October 2011, 00:34   #72
BHPian

Congrats on the VDi!! I have also ordered a VDi (Grey) & should be getting delivery by the end of November but all the discussions about the brakes on the non-ZDi models have left me a little confused.
How have you felt about the brakes on the car?
Old 9th October 2011, 12:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Congrats on the VDi!! I have also ordered a VDi (Grey) & should be getting delivery by the end of November but all the discussions about the brakes on the non-ZDi models have left me a little confused.
How have you felt about the brakes on the car?
Yes the brake are a bit inadequate for the size of the car on stock tyre, upszie tyre to 185-195 should solve the problem to an extent.
dinar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 13:20   #74
BHPian

This brakes "issue" has me confused now. On my old Swift VXi, I didn't have much issue with the brakes (not sure whether the brake booster was added during a service as my dad used to get serviced then).
I was clear about VDi over ZDi cause that was how much i could stretch my piggy bank. But now makes me wonder whether I have to break it.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:27   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
This brakes "issue" has me confused now. On my old Swift VXi, I didn't have much issue with the brakes (not sure whether the brake booster was added during a service as my dad used to get serviced then).
I was clear about VDi over ZDi cause that was how much i could stretch my piggy bank. But now makes me wonder whether I have to break it.
Avinash, a brake booster is provided by default in all modern cars. The only cars that did not have them was the Maruti 800 (old), Premier Padmini, etc. I doubt that a brake booster was added during service.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks