Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 13:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!

Hello,

Today I was doing a normal check up on my car and found this!!
My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-dsc04151.jpg

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-dsc04153.jpg

My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-dsc04155.jpg

This below the boot carpet and inside of the part where rear bumper is attached!

I have given my vehicle to ford for repairs recently, hope they did not screw it up!

Can figo owners check and let me know if they too have the similar problem?

If they don't kindly suggest me what to do!

Mods, kindly merge the post if it is inappropriate for me to start this is as a new thread!
Old 29th August 2010, 13:46   #2
BHPian

Its exactly the same in my Figo.
Old 29th August 2010, 13:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Did your car meet with any accident? Looks like it was hit from back (?) and it was fixed up. Dont think a new car will have something like this!

Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
LOL! But how can that explain a LOUD thud that was audible inside the cabin when the windows were shut!!

Jokes apart, Figo's bumper does take impacts pretty well. In fact in a recent pile up that I was involved in, I was surprised to see my hatch door dented without much damage to the bumper (it got a small hole where the tow hook is there! You know what? It saved the swift's bumper too....

So if a Figo's bumper hits another vehicle's bumper consider that it would be safe!!

Last edited by jkdas : 29th August 2010 at 14:02.
Old 29th August 2010, 13:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

I do not own a Figo, but I can tell you can this cannot be normal for a mass produced automobile. I'd be very surprised if it is.

I hate to say this, but there's a chance that the car has been nudged from behind.
Old 29th August 2010, 13:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, this looks like a horrific patch up by the dealer.What was the repairs and how long the car has been with them?Should not wait a minute in rushing back to the dealer.

Last edited by poloman : 29th August 2010 at 14:02.
Old 29th August 2010, 14:06   #6
BHPian

Also, did you check this area before? And is there no sign of any cracks or any damage on the exterior as well?

I agree with others, promptly attack the dealer, and send a mail to Ford about this!
Old 29th August 2010, 14:11   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Did your car meet with any accident?
"botched up*" might be a better description. This looks horrific.

*or worse: half-heartedly covered up.
Old 29th August 2010, 14:13   #8
Senior - BHPian

My car was rear ended, but the damage was only on bumper which was a few cracks and it was replaced, but I don't think it was this bad!
Old 29th August 2010, 14:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Looks like bumper transferred the entire impact to the main structure. Am I seeing cracks in the chasis, there in the picture?How on earth the dealer can do such a pathetic repair? Was the damages expalined to you?
Old 29th August 2010, 14:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

I just called up the service center and asked them what are all the repairs they did, the guy is sounding very suspicious and is promising me to complete any problem whatsoever and is sending a person to check, all this for asking what repairs!!

Kindly advice what should I do here. I checked the damage after the accident and I am pretty much sure that it was not in that area and the bill did not have any details about the above repair!
Old 29th August 2010, 14:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Did your car meet with any accident? Looks like it was hit from back (?) and it was fixed up. Dont think a new car will have something like this!

Edit

As i said in the post it did. It was rear ended by a swift, but I am sure the damage was not in that area!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
I do not own a Figo, but I can tell you can this cannot be normal for a mass produced automobile. I'd be very surprised if it is.

I hate to say this, but there's a chance that the car has been nudged from behind.
It was indeed, but could it be this bad? Also, shouldn't the repairing be better. I have just checked the bills, no details about this repair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Sorry, this looks like a horrific patch up by the dealer.What was the repairs and how long the car has been with them?Should not wait a minute in rushing back to the dealer.
The car was with dealer for 10 days the repair was replacing the hatch door and rear bumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Also, did you check this area before? And is there no sign of any cracks or any damage on the exterior as well?

I agree with others, promptly attack the dealer, and send a mail to Ford about this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
"botched up*" might be a better description. This looks horrific.

*or worse: half-heartedly covered up.
Gosh, these guys get on my nerves :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like bumper transferred the entire impact to the main structure. Am I seeing cracks in the chasis, there in the picture?How on earth the dealer can do such a pathetic repair? Was the damages expalined to you?
not on chassis (?), it is on that part of the body where the bumper is attached!
Old 29th August 2010, 14:45   #12
BHPian

Presume it was repaired under insurance - it is possible that they did not survey this properly! Insurance co are notorious and try and cut corners! Surveyors think they know everything and once it has been surveyed then the ego of the surveyor gets in the way! So if the dealer is willing to repair it free of cost just get it done and move on rather than have heart burns and grey hair!
Rgds

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 29th August 2010 at 14:49.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Could you people please let me know if I was cheated or is it normal. Though, I am pretty sure that the damage could not be there, I did not check it there after the delivery, so what is the way forward? Kindly help!

mayday....mayday...
Old 29th August 2010, 15:23   #14
BHPian

It seems that the sealant applied in the joint got some minor cracks due to the hit and the service centre guys applied another layer of sealant(silicon based or anaerobic sealant). IMHO you have to get the welded joint inspected thoroughly and then decide.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Its exactly the same in my Figo.
Is it????

If it is then I am in for a rude shock!! That is pretty bad!!

But then again it means I am not alone which mean may be it is not that bad

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th August 2010 at 15:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks