Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 16:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Rear bumper damaged at A.S.S, Promised replacement bumper. Edit: Got new Bumper.

Guys,

A similar thing happened to my car at Trident hyundai Sheshadripuram Bangalore.

The rear bumper seems like it has hit a rough pole and there is a slight dent and peeling of the plastic+paint.

The damaged area has been repainted using a paint brush(Touch up) but the damage is clearly visible, I have insisted that the bumper should be brought back to its original shape.

What should i do? Ask for a bumper replacement+paint or change the entire bumper. There is a dent which wasn't there when the car was handed over to them.
Old 26th February 2011, 11:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rear bumper damaged at A.S.S, Promised replacement bumper. Edit: Got new Bumper.

If its only a small dent with paint chipoff, get the WHOLE bumper repainted at their cost. Demanding a replacement might not work.
Old 26th February 2011, 12:33   #18
Nos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
How to find if the part is repainted.
it is easy to tell as they would not do it properly and that patch will be hazy, dull and not as reflective as whole car !

Old 26th February 2011, 23:52   #19
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys, The entire bumper is repainted for free, For the scratches/plastic peeling, primer has been applied and it is as good as new.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks