Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Sunny,

Here are the vivid details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1435116

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Rahul
Rahul, i haven't gone through your entire thread but since the experimentation is on you should also get your injectors cleaned and pump serviced, that might help. I might be wrong but ther's no harm in trying since you are already putting in efforts for a jerk free ride
Old 11th September 2009, 16:29   #1172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
1)Stock headlamps are useless and needs to be upgraded.Ditto for the wiper blades.
2)Braking and then steering the car is better in a panic situation rather than first steering and then braking.
3)A/C gets cut off in between.I could not follow the logic behind this.
4)The car handles better if you follow the fastest path around a curve method rather than sharp cornering.
5)Took the car to a maximum of 4000 RPM.It seems to have become smoother.Earlier above 3000 RPM sounded more hoarse.Now the engine note seems to be very refined.
6)System D improved the emissions.
Completely agree with you. Stock headlamps and foglamps are no good for rainy highway driving. An HID/higher wattage upgrade is almost mandatory.

Bosch wipers are the best suited to the Safari but are a bit expensive compared to stock wipers.

The AC cutting off during acceleration has been observed by other Safaris as well. Reckon it is an ECU program/mapping. Not too sure on this though.
Old 11th September 2009, 16:40   #1173
Senior - BHPian

FWB,

Seems like she was trying to commit suicide!!! Darn man! Scary, but good that you came out without any issues.

100% agree on the light. The stock lamps, which I am currently running on, are of no use when the rest of the world is running on twice the power!

Same with the wipers. It would have been great if position 3 was more powerful. In downpours like we had in Kerala last week, it was a bit scary! But then, are you planning to move to Bosch wipers?
Old 11th September 2009, 16:49   #1174
BHPian

Happywheels, I would defintely be upgrading both wiper blades and headlamps before the next long drive.I had postponed it assuming that i would not be doing night drives.But you never know when you might need them.I heard a few good things about bosch wipers and would like to try them out.Any idea where i can source them in bangalore?Me too wish that speed 3 was faster.The lancer has an ultra fast wipe mode which i found very useful in such situations.

Last edited by freewheelburnin : 11th September 2009 at 16:52.
Old 11th September 2009, 16:49   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Completely agree with you. Stock headlamps and foglamps are no good for rainy highway driving. An HID/higher wattage upgrade is almost mandatory.

Bosch wipers are the best suited to the Safari but are a bit expensive compared to stock wipers.

The AC cutting off during acceleration has been observed by other Safaris as well. Reckon it is an ECU program/mapping. Not too sure on this though.
350 Rs IIRC. get 20inch ones NOT 22inchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
FWB,

Seems like she was trying to commit suicide!!! Darn man! Scary, but good that you came out without any issues.

100% agree on the light. The stock lamps, which I am currently running on, are of no use when the rest of the world is running on twice the power!

Same with the wipers. It would have been great if position 3 was more powerful. In downpours like we had in Kerala last week, it was a bit scary! But then, are you planning to move to Bosch wipers?
90/100W Rally does a great job. It will just cost you 850 Rs. Highly recommended.

And if it rains very heavy, I would suggest that you park aside and wait.
Old 11th September 2009, 16:56   #1176
BHPian

Thanks JK, but does 90/100 require a wiring kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

90/100W Rally does a great job. It will just cost you 850 Rs. Highly recommended.

Old 11th September 2009, 17:04   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...I heard a few good things about bosch wipers and would like to try them out.Any idea where i can source them in bangalore?...
There is one thread where a person has made a post about a Bosch dealer at JC road, who sells them. Genuine stuff.

Will search and let you know.

Else, you can get someone to pick them from Metro.

Quote:

At such showers, noticed that most of the vehicles are parked and that road are relatively free. You can drive, provided you put on the all light (fog, front and rear, low beam) and drive at around 40~50kmph.

Quote:
Thanks JK, but does 90/100 require a wiring kit?
Yes, they do. I did the 90/100 conversion, but removed it when I noticed fogging in the head light assembly. Now that fogging is solved (head lamp replaced under warranty) I will be putting back the relay & 90/100's. The kit is lying at home, as of now!
Old 11th September 2009, 21:34   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happywheels, I would defintely be upgrading both wiper blades .
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
FWB,

Quote:
Quote:
J. C. Road, just opposite to BP petrol pump, bought Bosch 22" wipers for my Safari from this JC Rd distributor at Rs. 274/- with bill. Printed MRP was RS. 379/-. Later when I visited Metro I found the same wipers for Rs. 250/- something.
The above quoted by NITVIN over here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1376762

P.S - Correct me if i am wrong, i had read on the forum someone saying that Safari's Wipers come with 2 sizes of 22 on one side & 24 on the other side. (Is this on the Safari 3.0 L)

If above is the case even in the Safari 2.2 it is better 2 Safari owners plan together and share the pairs along.(22 & 24 - Bosch Wipers)
Old 12th September 2009, 00:50   #1179
Team-BHP Support

I am noticing a new issue.
In 4th and 5th gear, around 1800-2000rpm when you give throttle suddenly, there is a jerk and then car starts picking up.
This was minor earlier and used to happen occaisonaly, but now it happens more often.
Anybody else noticed this with their 2.2s?
Old 12th September 2009, 10:53   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
I am noticing a new issue.
In 4th and 5th gear, around 1800-2000rpm when you give throttle suddenly, there is a jerk and then car starts picking up.
I have noticed this occasionally when the humidity is a bit low. It sort out of gasps for a brief moment before it surges. I noticed this only when there is less moisture in the air. I have a Hygrometer fixed in the dashboard.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:37   #1181
Team-BHP Support

No gasping. Its some sort of jerk, like a play in some mechanism. so you give accelerator and there is initial jerk
Old 12th September 2009, 20:57   #1182
Senior - BHPian

This is one out of five tyres exhibiting runout on my virus infected 2.2

Now i am sure that this one of the major contributors the vibrations in my vehicle

The DOT codes of the tyres are as follows

4W6R CDC 1609 & 4W6R CDC 1709
Old 12th September 2009, 23:06   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
...It sort out of gasps for a brief moment before it surges...
Occasionally I experienced a "hunt" at ~2000rpm 5th gear doing about ~85kmph. The feeling was as if engine was hunting to find a right rpm. There used to be wee bit loss of speed before it used to catch up- not alarming, but, noticeable nevertheless with a light foot (constant pressure) on the accelerator. Not sure if it was engine missing? Didn't bother much as there was no warning light nor it was a hindrance to my style of driving.

After timing kit retrofit upgrade- for past 200kms- I have not experienced this .

-BJ
Old 14th September 2009, 10:42   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
This is one out of five tyres exhibiting runout on my virus infected 2.2
Not sure if it was asked before, but, since, we are on this topic- what interval members here follow for their tyre rotation?

2.2 vtt user manual suggests 10k kms while, for smaller car (e.g WagonR) it says 5k kms.

-BJ
Old 14th September 2009, 11:11   #1185
Senior - BHPian

@bj96
I generally follow the 7.5k kms rule for myself!!!
but I used to get my accent's tyres rotation done each 5k kms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks