Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2012, 11:30   #1276
BANNED

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
There is a helicopter noise coming from my AC fan since 2 days.
Some tissue/leaf/polythene must be stuck in it. Open the glovebox completely, access the fan housing, remove the circlips and check the fan.

It is a very easy process and you should be able to do it on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
The noise level in the car rises considerably when travelling at speeds beyond 100 kmph.My car has Bridgestone duellers, I wanted to know if anybody else has had a similar experience. Do the other tyre brands come out any better. Could there be another cause of this phenomenon.
Duelers, while not the best in the market are not noisy to the extent you mentioned., at least not on my Scorpio (though I cannot drive it faster than 130kmph). A sudden spike in noise can also be attributed to wind coming into the cabin from a loose door beading, the rear view mirrors cutting the wind too loudly and cross winds outside the vehicle buffeting it.

Last edited by n.devdath : 13th December 2012 at 11:36.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 11:51   #1277
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Off topic update, Purple Club Chauffeur on demand service from M&M has been discontinue now. fyr
Old 13th December 2012, 19:42   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo

Yes, the brake wear sensor was the culprit.

The one on the driver side wheel had gotten cut. The A** blamed the bad roads, and I grudgingly have to accept that in the weekend, I traveled in some of the worst roads that Chennai had to offer. The wiring sheath has some extra length for these kind of roads but guess I exceeded them.

The front brake pads look good to go for another 30K kms is my/a** opinion. Phew.
You're not the only one with this problem. The ESP wire on the driver side for me and also another fellow owner in Mumbai got cut. This seems to be another design flaw. The ESP and brake sensor wire run next to each other in the wheel arch.
Old 13th December 2012, 19:54   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
The noise level in the car rises considerably when travelling at speeds beyond 100 kmph. It is quite comfortabe till about these speeds but as the speed rises the noise level in the cabin rises disproportionately requiring you to use real lung power at about 130 kmph and beyond. As far as I get it, it is the noise of tyres. My car has Bridgestone duellers, I wanted to know if anybody else has had a similar experience. Do the other tyre brands come out any better. Could there be another cause of this phenomenon.
I'm on Bridgestones too and I find the 17 incher Duelers far better in all respects than the 15 incher Duelers of my Scorpio, including tyre noise.
I'm pretty certain it's not because the tyres are noisy, it's most likely because the road noise is filtering into the cabin somehow.
Try rolling the widow up and down to see if there's any difference in the amount of sound.
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 20:38   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
The noise level in the car rises considerably when travelling at speeds beyond 100 kmph. It is quite comfortabe till about these speeds but as the speed rises the noise level in the cabin rises disproportionately requiring you to use real lung power at about 130 kmph and beyond. As far as I get it, it is the noise of tyres. My car has Bridgestone duellers, I wanted to know if anybody else has had a similar experience. Do the other tyre brands come out any better. Could there be another cause of this phenomenon.
My XUV-W6 too has Bridgestone Duellers but I have not experienced this noise issue. During my recent long drive (about 5000 KM) I often drove at 100+ KMPH and on a few occasions crossed 150 KMPH but the noise level (whether from engine, wind noise or tyre noise) inside the car never appeared to be abnormally high.

Were you, by any chance, driving with any of your windows partly open?
Old 13th December 2012, 23:09   #1281
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post

Were you, by any chance, driving with any of your windows partly open?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
I'm on Bridgestones too and I find the 17 incher Duelers far better in all respects than the 15 incher Duelers of my Scorpio, including tyre noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Duelers, while not the best in the market are not noisy to the extent you mentioned., at least not on my Scorpio (though I cannot drive it faster than 130kmph). A sudden spike in noise can also be attributed to wind coming into the cabin from a loose door beading, the rear view mirrors cutting the wind
Thanks a lot for the inputs, one thing I am assured of now is that it is not tyre specific. It is also not due to partly open windows. Since I regularly pressure wash the car myself and I have not seen any water entering the cabin, Iam little assured of the beading too. The noise is not alarming to indicate any major unserviceability therefore I have lived with it. But undoubtedly the level is distinctly higher, disproportionately I feel at those speeds, and I have to raise the volume of the stereo good three to four notches. I have noticed it when I go for my weekly monday early morning drives to my work place. The traffic is very less and general morning calm is prevades. I get to drive at good speeds for about 65 kms and that is the time I have felt this issue. Road surface could be the culprit but it looks fine to a casual observation. I will get to the bottom of it and revert.
Just another input on similar lines is that, after the purchase in April this year I had noticed whistling sound comming into the cabin at speeds around 60kmph. It was taken care of by adjusting the plastic sliders fitted on the roof of the car, infact tightening them a wee bit. It could very well be that wind at higher speeds is making even a bigger racket while passing through them.
Old 13th December 2012, 23:32   #1282
BHPian

Quote:

But undoubtedly the level is distinctly higher, disproportionately I feel at those speeds, and I have to raise the volume of the stereo good three to four notches.
Incidentally, while on that topic, you can set the stereo so that as speed increases, it automatically adjusts the volume upwards to sound the same over the road noise.
I think its called AVC (auto volume control) or something. Will check tomorrow and tell you. One more 'auto' among the myriad of 'auto's
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 00:51   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
My car has also developed same sort of sound. In my case it feels like sound of barrings from the rear tyres.
I am doubtful because the sound changes based on texture of the surface. So I am assuming its from the JK's. The service guys have tested it extensively and say its because of tyres. They replaced my tyres with Bridgestone to check and according to them sound disappeared.
The JK representative told me that the tyres have un even wear so this sound will come.
I have driven them 25K till now.

So I am a bit confused after reading your post. Talk to Bridgestone guys and ask them the exact cause.
Old 14th December 2012, 08:07   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
The JK representative told me that the tyres have un even wear so this sound will come. I have driven them 25K till now.
@Rohit Bagai -- Have you not been ensuring that your tyres are rotated (along with stepney) every 10,000 KM as specified in the maintenance schedule? If tyres are regularly rotated, uneven wear is quite unlikely.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 12:38   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post

@Rohit Bagai -- Have you not been ensuring that your tyres are rotated (along with stepney) every 10,000 KM as specified in the maintenance schedule? If tyres are regularly rotated, uneven wear is quite unlikely.
Yes, they have been rotated twice.
As per the JK represntative the inner line of the tyres have worn out more. My servce record shows that I have got alignment done 4 times. So I don't know where it went wrong. I have told Mahindra guys to provide me a solution. Either they are at fault or JK guy is bluffing.
They also didn't seem convinced by the analysis of JK's.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 13:16   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post

Yes, they have been rotated twice.
As per the JK represntative the inner line of the tyres have worn out more. My servce record shows that I have got alignment done 4 times. So I don't know where it went wrong. I have told Mahindra guys to provide me a solution. Either they are at fault or JK guy is bluffing.
They also didn't seem convinced by the analysis of JK's.
From what has been told to me time and again, jk tyres aren't the best out there. When my s orpio had JK's on briefly I kept on experiencing a pull to the left. The ASC guys and an outside tyre guy both said it's because they're JK's. When I switched to BS, problem gone.
Having said that, This is something that you will have to fight out. Ask the JK represntative to come to the M&M ASC and let them figure out who's wrong. If the tyres are fine, then the ASC hasn't done the alignment properly. And if they've done the alignment properly, then the tyres are bad. In which case this becomes an argument for a prorata warranty.
kaiserketkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 17:37   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
open the glove box and see if anything is fouling near the blower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Some tissue/leaf/polythene must be stuck in it. Open the glovebox completely, access the fan housing, remove the circlips and check the fan.
I didnt have to get my hands dirty. The noise stopped on its own. Seems like something got stuck and fell off too. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 16th December 2012, 20:32   #1288
BHPian

My XUV has done 9400KM but I have started experiencing the Thud-Thud noise in the Suspension when it goes over the potholes and uneven roads. This started from my 2nd service which I got it done around 8500KM (as completed 6 months). They have changed the Suspension bush, I have asked my RM and took it to the workshop, but they are saying that it is a common phenomenon in XUVs. But it was not heard until the 2nd service and how it can start now. I have searched this thread to get the solution, but I could just see that people have just mentioned that it is resolved but no one as told how it is fixed. I think it is in Hyderabad the service guys still don't have the clue how to fix it, Also anybody from Hyderabad has experienced this issue and if it has been fixed? I have visited AML motors, now I plan to visit VVC motors next weekend.

Please if anybody knows how it has been fixed, please let us know, I think it would be good for this forum.

Last edited by vrrraju : 16th December 2012 at 20:35. Reason: Grammar
Old 16th December 2012, 22:02   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
My XUV has done 9400KM but I have started experiencing the Thud-Thud noise in the Suspension when it goes over the potholes and uneven roads. This started from my 2nd service which I got it done around 8500KM (as completed 6 months). They have changed the Suspension bush, I have asked my RM and took it to the workshop, but they are saying that it is a common phenomenon in XUVs.
Please if anybody knows how it has been fixed, please let us know, I think it would be good for this forum.
In my XUV which has done 5500 KM, the front torsion bar bushes were changed recently during the First Service. A slight squeaking noise was coming from the front suspension and the ASC guys felt that the torsion bar bushes could be the culprit. The set of 2 bushes cost about Rs 80.

I haven't driven my XUV sufficiently (on bad stretches) after the service to conclusively determine whether the squeaks have been eliminated.

You have reported that your 'suspension bush' was changed. Was it the torsion bar bush or some other? How much did they cost and was your problem rectified after changing them? You may see a picture of my torsion bar bush at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2985394
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 13:56   #1290
BHPian

Hi all,

I have taken a delivery of a Grey W6 on the 5th of December. I am listing my set of niggles and any solutions i found

1. The dashboard doesnot indicate the rear left door not being open
2. When you just start the car and go on bad roads at a low speed the door open indicator suddenly comes on and then goes off. (it may be the above issue itself. I am sure the A*S*S would find a solution for this)
3. A thak-thak noise on the front suspension. I cannot hear it in the car when the windows are closed or if we are in a crowded road. But i can clearly hear it when i am in a silent place like a parking lot with the windows down. This noise is present at all times. It is actually like a pebble is inside the metal portion of your wheel and keeps getting jostled around while the car is moving. But the funny thing is i can hear in on both the sides of the car.
4. A very slight viberation (really slight not very worrying) on the steering when I touch 120 on 6th gear. I have not driven the car ar higher speeds so cannot comment. I had driven the Test drive vehicle and could not feel this viberation. Mind you it is a really slight viberation and i would not mention it had I not taken the test drive on similar road at similar speeds.

Point 3 is worrying me. I was planning to drive to kerala with the car today but cancelled the plan due to this noise. I need to go to the SA and get to the bottom of this issue. I had heard many people raise this complaint in the earlier posts but no one has raised it recently. If any other owner has seen this issue please let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks