Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 16:23   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
awesome meet. Thanks to those who could make it. Will post the pics later today.
Respected sirs, why pics are taking sooooooooo long,
Old 12th June 2011, 16:38   #407
BHPian

Hey Guys,

As always it was a great meet. Time & again getting even better with so many TBHPians turning out.

Finally met GTO & had a great time interacting with him.

Njoyed every moment with equally freak Automobile fans.
Old 12th June 2011, 18:50   #408
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
Was my first mega meet !

It was a pleasure to have met as many TBHPians as I did. At the end of the day/night/meet, I, of course, was thoroughly confused by the number of names, handles, avatars and cars ! Often mixing up one for the other getting in return of course - curious, bewildered looks. ("Verito ? Did he just ask do I own a Verito ? I thought I told him earlier on that I have a Vento. Poor chap must be new to cars and this group - I hope he knows that VW and M&M are two different companies.....!")

In the end it was worth every minute of the 4 hour effort it took to get there. And a couple to get back. And the multiple mega snarls before the expressway from Thane, on the Expressway and through Khandala township's only main road and the parking lot of S-d-D...what with the entire TBHP clan deciding not to give the meet a miss.

Thank you very much indeed - all of you. Was wonderful meeting you.

ACM (of the T-Aria fame) and yours truly linked up for the drive from Thane after some initial splutters as to whose vehicle will be driven. Admiral winning of course. Mega traffic jam encountered at the end of the Thane-Belapur Road. ACM who was the navigator verbally steered the Admiral back to Vashi via a clover leaf loop, took the Palm Beach Road (sans palms as mentioned by ACM) and on to the Eway via Belapur.

As always a few snaps will generally do the talking.

The two of us were the first to reach MCD Panvel - the first rendezvous point - where no one rendezvoused thanks to late starts, floods, wife and M-i-L problems (as explained later !).

ACM and the Admiral:
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07805.jpg

Unidentified bloke and the Admiral:
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07806.jpg

Notenthuda (behind him - his blue Alto), ACM ( another unidentified bloke at the rear):
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07807.jpg

Neat jam on the Eway encountered many on them enroute. Thank God ACM was on board or else I would have gone bonkers twiddling my thumb/s :
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07809.jpg

Finally the real crowd ! A melange of shots:
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07811.jpg
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07812.jpg
Attachment 559254
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07816.jpg
(The only snap I didn't click and it turns out blurred !)

GTO defending his official T-Fort report !
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07820.jpg

All rise ye ! Examine thy rides. dot is amused:
Name:  DSC07821.JPG
Views: 1185
Size:  242.7 KB

These honourable men paid the bill from our table. In return, an honourable mention in despatches (in this report !): L-R: ACM, Deenu (handle changed to name to protect identity), F150):
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07822.jpg

All around the Civic that goes Ka-boom, ka-boom at times with winkety-wink eyes:
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07823.jpg
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07824.jpg
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07825.jpg
(Arif and Raj - foreground left)

Noopster with his now famous red T shirt:
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07826.jpg

Spoils of war ! I was told that the stickers were for the needy and not the greedy. Yet could commandeer a few. Thank you Rehaan.
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-dsc07827.jpg

ACM and I left early - 11ish when the last of the stragglers were just appearing and the first of the tipsy members were wondering as to where they were !

The drive back was a dream.

Thanks ACM for the sprakling discussions on board the Admiral and the wonderful navigation.

Thank you all, once again, for a rather delightful evening !

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th June 2011 at 23:46. Reason: No pictures with alcohol permitted on Team-BHP
Guderian is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 19:26   #409
Senior - BHPian

General,
Where is my pic with you ? Please post it
Old 12th June 2011, 21:12   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
General,
Where is my pic with you ? Please post it
Now that was extremely blurred. Wonder who clicked that ?
Couldn't post it. Would have had TBHPians running to their opthalmologists thinking that they have some serious eyesight problems.

Last edited by Guderian : 12th June 2011 at 21:13.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 23:04   #411
BHPian

Hey all Bhpians, it took me 5:30 hrs to Sunny but every minute spent on the road was worth it.

I had a great time meeting all you guys, 1 self, Throttleking, AP, superselect, how can forget you KHOJ (beard looks nice) it was great catching up with you once again.

Thanks a ton for all your kinds words on the mods i have done on my car, I was really very happy that so many people appreciated my work, so many of them were around my car and I really felt proud about myself for the job I have done on my ride.

I did a good ICE demo for all my Bhpain friends and I think everyone enjoyed it.

Finally i had a chance to meet GTO, we had some conversation, but for me icing on the cake of the meet was he spent some good 15 minutes with me and atleast 5minutes he sat in my car checking it out completely.

He just praised every bit of work that I have done on my car and that's was it for me.

I am sure I said hi to lot many Bhpains, please accept my apologies if I forgot to mention about you all.

I went to Tiger point after that and believe you me the weather was just out of this world.

Enjoyed every moment of the meet.

Thanks for the pics.

I hope to see you all in near future.

Cheers
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 09:07   #412
BHPian

Hey Guys this is going to be a long post,

Mods is there a way i can thank everyone who joined this meet ?

Whoa !!! What a meet, was my first and man it never felt like the 1st one. You guys are way too cool, i felt at home almost instantly.

We (Me A.K.A Raj with Vicky7799 A.K.A Arif) started as planned in Vicky's Spanking new Accord at 1715 from Vashi, hit the meeting point McD as scheduled. Tried to locate fellow bhpians and we did. Met up with Guderian (thanks for the nice pic alongside Saint's ride) and his Admiral alongwith ACM and No-Enthuda.

The journey thru eway was fun until we got caught in a serpentine jam on the ghats, managed to reach SDD at 1930, spotted a nice black bolero and a black vento flanking tbhp stickers. Just then a part of the Pune gang arrived, what a bunch of auto lovers, was fun speaking to each one of you guys Monaro, AJ_Nagpur, Dot, Throttleking (special thanks for organising a lovely meet) i know am missing a lot of names and am really sorry about it. came inside to find Mr. Kaas (Ashish_Pallod) and then we joined a wonderful table consisting of BolBolero, Khoj, Gostel, Genesis and later on joined by Superselect, Issigonis and dont remember the handle but the guys from Infy, discussions varied from Jeeps to cars to LED lights and almost everytime food, amazing gang of foodies.

Had lovely conversations on performance mods on the Getz crdi with GTO (thanks for the tips on suspension, its on cards buddy- will PM you for some more tips), Impressions about the N650 with Manson, you made my day bro and you made me glad that i booked it. Auditioned the ICE on Saints awesome ride with a phenomenally painted black top, thank you dear friend for the introduction to the ICE setup guy from ghatkopar (keeping forgeting his name - my bad). And lastly my discussions with Monaro on his Tfort and his skoda, enjoyed every bit of it brother, lets definately meet next time you are in Vashi.

Am gonna stop now else this will be a real long post, am aware that i have missed a hell lot of you but its really very difficult to remember so many handles, we should meet more often its fun to be with like minded people who are just as passionate.

Three Cheers for the meet, Hip Hip Hurray
Speed-Freak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 10:45   #413
Senior - BHPian

Great meet guys!! It was nice meeting all of you. We should do this more often. Also i think we need to do a monsoon drive (a safe one).
Old 13th June 2011, 10:52   #414
BHPian

What an amazing meet guys. Thanks a lot for the appreciation.

It was really great to meet some old friends, newbies and specially Team-Bhp moderators.

Dont want say much about what happend at the meet, but we definitely had an awesome time together. Having seen last three mega pune - mumbai meets, I developed some crazy ideas for the next, and shortly put forth those.

Speacial thanks to Moderators for coming to the meet, team-bhps definitely love talking to you face to face.

@The_Saint : Dude your Civic is hottest car that is been making to meets in last three years, cant imagine the amount of effort you have put, and attention to detail is amazing. Its a great fun to meet you.

@Arif, It was great to see you buddy, lets keep in touch and catch up time in pune or mumbai

@1self : If you need that 1 self to start your elantra or sonata, do let me know i will be happy to help you :P (pun intended). Man you are too much techie, i hardly get what you have done to your elantra and sonata. Its superb!!! really appreciate it.

@ASHISH : It was great to meet you, thanks for travelling every year from baramati for this lovely meet.

@All it was great fun having a chat with you guys. Will be posting few pics that I manage to click, need to resize them to bring the size to permissible limit.
throttleking is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 11:18   #415
BHPian

This was my first meet! A mixed feeling - was left alone at first and then a very warm welcome. I was super enthu, i was before time. Rather lot before time. Met a lot of people- noopster,swanand,dot,jealousdiamond,monero,1self,a cm and lot of mumbai guys. I know i missed a lot of names. I was confused and dazed in such a big meet . Apologies for leaving early as i had to drop of my friends.
Throttleking : i talked on the phone a lot.. dint get a chance to meet you.
dot : that was a great gesture when you spotted my car and asked for me (a newbie)
swanand : awaiting the next pune meet. and heard that we share the same work organization
noopster : lets complete the logo discussion over a vento meet !
thank you once again!!

Last edited by mikon : 13th June 2011 at 11:20.
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 11:22   #416
BHPian

So Saturday night was a rather traffic laden yet speedy drive to Sunny da Dhaba to catch up with fellow Bhpians.

Awesome food, man-awesome company, hi-revving turbocharged engines, free flow exhausts with crazy notes and car-audio that rocked the entire dhaba!

Cheers guys!

Braved the weather's onslaught, fallen trees, insanely serpentine traffic jams, detours, pits for potholes and lakes for puddles, only to drive the best 250kms and enjoy even better company.

Big shout out to Yogi, Manson, GTO san, RJK, ronk, Herr Guderian, Moralfibre, The Saint, Viper, issigonis, SuperSelect, Stratos, dot, Rehaan, Shrivz, 1self, F150 and the rest!

Keep revving people.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:44   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Big shout out to Herr Guderian...and the rest!
Hi mandheers, Pleasure to have met up with you, finally ! Let's catch up sometime in Mumbai as well.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:22   #418
Senior - BHPian

My version of the story---

Started from 12mati at @3:30pm,
quick sms to throttle,
entered Pune city via bopdev ghat at @ 5:30,
10 min stop somewhere,
5:55 PM, got call from Swanand Inamdar,'' ashish, kidhar ho?''.
Me,'' just touched katraj dehuroad bye-pass''.
6:20, at Joshi vadevale, I saw group of bhpians.
After initial hi-hello, started toward sunny at @ 6:30 pm.
Crossed Dehuroad toll naka and waited for Pune convoy but seem that the guys just vanished.
Alone went ahead till Sunny,
it was raining,
time 7:15pm,
no one was there,
I thought that again and again why I reach first to the meet venue?
Called Throttle, he informed me that couple of bhpians are already at Sunny,
could not locate them,
black bolero entered sunny's premises,
‘‘Welcome Mr. bolbolero, khoj, ghostel and genesis sir''.

The meet started with hot cup of tea, thanks to Khoj.

Then, cars came and came and came,
it was big gathering of the petrol heads.
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-5.jpg
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-6.jpg

Food at Sunny is always good, so the crowd.:
Many bhpians expressed displeasure over a-la-carte and should go by fixed cost next time.

Checked The Saint's car, posting couple of pics of the same car.
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-2.jpg
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-3.jpg
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-4.jpg

As usual, loudest from the crowd was Mr. hahahihihuhu, guess the name?
Mr. hahahihihuhu, be prepared for next time, many will come to the meet with sole intention of turning table toward you.
Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June-1.jpg

When I located Mx6, it was big surprise for me.
Nice to meet you again, Mx.

Thanks to Rehaan for the stickers, I took one, not the one which states that '' I DRIVE SAFE''.

It’s just impossible to recollect all the names but still I will try--

nice to meet you guys shabamad, 1self, throttle, swanand, noopster, dot, khoj, bobolero,
gostel, genesis, gto, nc, indronil, superselect, f150, rehaan, monaro, aj-nagpur, speed freak,
the saint, arif, raj, anilisanil, moralfibre, vikram18, mx6, selfdrive, notenthuda, amitwlele, viper, shrivz,
still recollecting the names, will post in my next quote.

Started back from Sunny at @12:45AM,
This time, I was warned by wifey, advised by bhpians and determined by myself not to return to 12mati at night.
Reached to chandani chowk at @1:30pm,
I was supposed to take left toward kothrud but…..,
‘’Dil hai ke manata hi nahi’’
Could not resist myself to go straight to katraj,
Thought that if I felt sleepy during drive, I will stop,
Pune to 12mati 100km at night was lovely drive,
honking liberally at every corner to warn dogs, cats, deer and jackal.
Reached to home sweet home at @3:30AM.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 13th June 2011 at 13:30.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 14:36   #419
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What a meet, guys! Thanks to all those who braved the weather & traffic to make it

MX6's Ikon with all 13 Team-BHP stickers.
Thanks for amazing meet GTO and others. Yes, I drove out with my daughter and wife when it was pouring. I give all the credit to my wife who stands by me in all such drives.
And thanks for the LCLC sticker. 3 stickers were stolen from my car. Got one back thanks to Rehaan and you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Respected sirs, why pics are taking sooooooooo long,
We missed your presence saar. Let's meet up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

When I located Mx6, it was big surprise for me.
Nice to meet you again, Mx.
Yes. MX6 springs up all kinds of surprises! Next in line - Baramati trip and Kaas 2011.

It was nice to catch up on old stories AP saab.
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 14:44   #420
Senior - BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please refer to Rule #11, here. Please do NOT post any content (including pictures) with alcohol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks