Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 09:39   #271
J.Ravi

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Innova vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVP View Post
Do I really need the W8's AWD feature to get to places like Ladakh/ Nepal etc?
No. My erstwhile petrol Linea with 165 mm GC drove to Ladakh, HP, NE and Bhutan without any damages.
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 10:22   #272
SVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
No. My erstwhile petrol Linea with 165 mm GC drove to Ladakh, HP, NE and Bhutan without any damages.
Thanks for the assurance Ravi! I see you have the W8 as a part of your arsenal, how would you peg it against the W6?
Old 25th August 2014, 11:17   #273
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVP View Post
I see you have the W8 as a part of your arsenal, how would you peg it against the W6?
Since my requirements included ESP, HHC/HDC, TPMS and 6 airbags, I bought W8 version as these things cannot be bought in the market later.
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 13:17   #274
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let u know..after reading a lot from this thread and a ton of others, finally booked myself an XUV500 W8 from G3 Motors Nerul today. Expecting the car to be delivered in a week to 10 day. Will post delivery and initial pics soon! Just one important feedback. I test drove a 50000km vehicle (2012 version) and on my 2nd test drive a 600 kms driven vehicle. The new avatar is a lot better on braking, handling and had a somewhat superior suspension. Also found the gadgetry a tad faster than the older model. Here's to heart over mind
Old 29th December 2014, 12:06   #275

Looking for a car to change my 2009 Honda City. It has been a great ride so far but now my commute is increasing and I have to travel to Chiplun(around 500 KMS RT from Mumbai) over the weekends so thinking of replacing the City with a car which can work well in both the city and on the highways.

Cars Shortlisted :
Innova/XUV 500 or should I look at the Duster/Terrano/Scorpio/Safari Space(Confused here !!)

Budget :
15-18 Lakhs

Typical Drive During the week
Chauffeur driven 150-200 KMS in the city and on the weekends around 500 KMS on highways

Deciding Factors :
Rear seat comfort is the biggest factor for me..
We are a family of 6 adults so it would be nice for all of us to go together.. Currently we own a Laura, Vento, City so there is no car that fits all.
The only reason that I am looking at the Duster/Scorpio Space is that 90 % of the times there would only be 2-3 people in the car(including the driver) so should I really spend that extra 4-5 Lakhs and go in for a comfortable six seater ?

The process so far :

Test Drove the XUV and liked the drive but didn't like the interiors too much. The car just didn't look like a 16 Lakh car. And considering I am going
to be chauffeur driven most of the times, the interiors and comfort matter more than the drive.

Next stop we went for the Innova and obviously everything seems nice.. The captain seats especially make your ride very comfortable and the drive is also good nothing extraordinary but does the job. The noise inside the cabin was little on the higher side but that was something that I can live with.

So the question is should I just continue with Innova as the car with the best rear seat comfort ?
Old 29th December 2014, 20:14   #276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbull83 View Post

Deciding Factors :
Rear seat comfort is the biggest factor for me..
We are a family of 6 adults so it would be nice for all of us to go together..

The only reason that I am looking at the Duster/Scorpio Space is that 90 % of the times there would only be 2-3 people in the car(including the driver) so should I really spend that extra 4-5 Lakhs and go in for a comfortable six seater ?

So the question is should I just continue with Innova as the car with the best rear seat comfort ?
Since you have clearly given your requirements for the car you are looking at, it boils down to the Innova.

Be it the drive, ride quality, space (if captain seats opted) most important factor - Comfort will be top notch.

The only negative is the price it holds as compared to the rest.

My opinion is go ahead with the Innova. For the heck of it do look at Ertiga ZDi too.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th December 2014 at 20:20.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 00:40   #277
BHPian

How does the 3rd row seat fare in either of these cars? Which is better?? XUV or the Innova??
Old 30th December 2014, 09:43   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
How does the 3rd row seat fare in either of these cars? Which is better?? XUV or the Innova??
Innova is better when it comes to 3rd row seating , average size adults can sit comfortably , the 3rd row reclines . XUV has a very cramped 3rd row.
girimajiananth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 09:59   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
I guess seat wise both are equally good / bad, may be XUV seats are slightly better. However legroom is bit less in XUV and also for taller passengers the headrest position may not be comfortable.

Another point in Innova's favor is that its ride is bit more planted than XUV.

My view, if you are going to be chauffeured around and if 3rd row is to be used frequently then Innova. If it is going to be self driven, 3rd row comfort takes a back seat literally and opt for an XUV.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 10:13   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbull83 View Post
Chauffeur driven 150-200 KMS in the city and on the weekends around 500 KMS on highways
If Chauffeur driven try the 7 seater version aka captain seats . It is very comfortable and feels nice to be driven around . You can recline and relax even on long drives. Why not hire a taxi for a short distance trip and check it out instead of a test drive.
girimajiananth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 10:49   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Innova is better when it comes to 3rd row seating , average size adults can sit comfortably , the 3rd row reclines . XUV has a very cramped 3rd row.
Absolutely . Just yesterday 7 of us travelled from Pune to Nasik on the NH50, which is in a very bad shape. My sister, brother in law and nephew occupied the seats in the third row of my 7 seater Innova. My BIL was all praises for the compliant ride and comfort the third row seats provided.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 14:30   #282
BHPian

Re: Xuv vs innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Basis your spelled out requirements (rating scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best):
==========
Your call completely buddy !
cheers
Sid
That was a brilliant way to put across your opinion. I have been in this dilemma of buying either one and now delaying this for the new launch of Innova. The new XUV seems promising and i was almost going ahead with the booking. Only then did a close friend who works in Toyota informed me about All New Innova being launched soon(May be Oct/Nov 2015). Now, I am waiting for Innova. will take a test drive and go ahead with the decision. But still, heart says XUV and mind says Innova
Old 19th June 2015, 10:26   #283
BHPian

Bumping on this forum almost after 6-7 years.. Had been a member since 2005 when team-bhp knew almost each other by name.

Have changed cars in last few years. Sold my petra1.6 long back and own an Honda Accord 2.4MT and a new Alto 800 Lxi.

Selling my Alto now and updating this thread as I have booked my all new XUV W10 FWD sunset orange.

Will be getting it sometime in July mid.
Cheers
GD
Old 9th October 2015, 12:56   #284
BHPian

Hunt for a Comfortable and Safe MUV/SUV....to share the burden with a 2013 Mercedes GL350

Hi all,

This is probably an off beat topic. The monthly commute for this vehicle will be ALOT. The GL350 ticks all the boxes for our requirements, it is safe, comfortable, can tackle bad roads without even breaking a sweat and when the glorious 4 lanes arrive, can pick up its skirt and run like the wind. However, this is the 2nd year of the GL and its already stacked almost 80k kilometers. 80k on a german SUV equates to big maintenance costs. Its on its second set of INR2.5lac tyres and is looking at new 1.8lac-ish brake pads. With great times on the highways come assorted stuff hitting the windshield, which got a small crack when a large stone flew off a truck and hit it. So a lac rupee windshield is in the pipeline too. All this along with lacs spent on regular servicing.

And considering that the runs are not going to get any short, we feel it is best to probably give the GL some rest. Not that its hurting financially or anything

We are seriously looking at the new Innova. There is already an old innova in the house which was doing its duty before the GL had arrived and has proved itself on the roads. Its comfortable. Really Comfortable. Even on bad roads the backseat is a charm. The main requirement is safety. The current one (2015 model) only has 2 airbags upfront. And as such is of very little use as the car will be chauffeured. The 2016 one does promise better safety spec but we would prefer the car to arrive sooner.

What are other options that provide better safety in the 15-20lac price band and have comfortable backseats AND can tackle bad roads?
ashwin1224 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:08   #285
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hunt for a Comfortable and Safe MUV/SUV....to share the burden with a 2013 Mercedes GL350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
What are other options that provide better safety in the 15-20lac price band and have comfortable backseats AND can tackle bad roads?
You have the Aria & XUV500 with more airbags, good space & a nice ride, but I don't think you'll consider them after being so happy with the Innova. I agree - the Innova is one heck of a people mover. The middle row - especially with the captain seat configuration - offers unbeatable comfort. If people moving is your purpose, get the Innova.

I'd wait for the new Innova. If I were in your place though, I'd use the GL350 only for the highway runs. It offers a 5-star safety package which no 20 lakh car can match.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks