Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 00:43   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post

On an unrelated note, went to Shaman Triumph here in Mumbai yesterday, called them up before going and asked for test ride of the bonnie. I was told to bring my helmet along, I said dont worry, I would bring my riding gear too.
When I reached there all decked up, excited.. I was told the bike is not available and somehow the guy on the phone didnt know about it.
Shocked and utterly disappointed by the way they work, I mean I rode almost 40kms to get to the showroom just to be told off.
I told them they should learn something from Bangalore and Hyderabad.
Sorry Avi, for going off-topic here but didnt know where to vent it out.
Cheers!
Oh no. That's rubbish. Speak to Mitra, my sales associate. He did a great job overall with my purchase.

And if you want to see a Bonne and your in the vicinity of South Bombay, send me a pm.

Cheers
Old 1st September 2014, 09:15   #647
BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD :( !!!

I have tempered my Duke 200 silencer for the noise, its ok if you ride in a city but for long rides it really annoying. Don't know how Arrows sounded inside helmet though.

Did two long rides, first with wify and 2nd with friends. For 2nd ride wife wants the suspension to be upgraded first. I usually prefer going off the highway on mountains for the ride. Where roads are mostly patchy. I was thinking of trying Continental GT suspension on bonnie but than decided to stick with IKon, I should get final quotation by today from Ikon for my custom requirement.

Sharing some pics of my ride on Triumph Bonneville.

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-20140823222229_img_8787.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-20140823231851_img_8799.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-20140831002207_img_8855_1.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140824_124356.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140831_134802.jpg
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 11:28   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Black Bruiser gets ARROW'ed
Congratulations Mobike! I have personally been waiting for this announcement for a while now. The bike looks great and I am sure it sounds even more fantastic. Glad you took this step. Like many others, I am waiting to hear that exhaust note.

As you mentioned in another post, the Hyderabad dealership seem to be a bunch of nice people. I hope they are like that everywhere.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 16:51   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
For 2nd ride wife wants the suspension to be upgraded first. I usually prefer going off the highway on mountains for the ride. Where roads are mostly patchy. I was thinking of trying Continental GT suspension on bonnie but than decided to stick with IKon, I should get final quotation by today from Ikon for my custom requirement.
What exactly is the problem with stock suspension? I know so many Bonnie owners till now and practically none of them have complained about the stock suspension?

Whats the approx cost of IKON's and are they imported and delivered to your city?

Look forward to your update & feedback on Stock vs Upgraded suspension
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:20   #650
BHPian

Quote:
After being away from the forum for quite some time there's nothing more refreshing than getting back to Bruisers thread and delighted to see that its getting peppier by the day

Hearty Congrats Avi on loading your quiver with Arrows ! They look great and am sure they sound much better. The repositioning of the number plate also looks good.

I know Bruiser isn’t your daily commuter but even on long rides how hot do these pipes get? Is that orangish coat to reduce heat or something else?

Hope to hear you soon sometime... on the tarmac

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd September 2014 at 12:58. Reason: removed emoticon from quoted post
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 12:58   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
I know Bruiser isn’t your daily commuter but even on long rides how hot do these pipes get? Is that orangish coat to reduce heat or something else?
Thanks Santosh. Yeah the Arrows are simply a riot

Iam itching to go for a ride but, after more than a few weeks of vacation and travelling have a lot of work to catch up with and inclement weather is also not helping...

Hoping to add more info/feedback on the pipes sometime soon

P.S: When are you biting the bullet?
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:41   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Hey . Whats the real problem with the IRON that has made you repent. I thought it was a nice buy but din't get around to execution.

Are you planning to sell ?

Let me know.
Hi Fiestarry, Like Avi said, please refer the other thread where we have discussed in detail the pros and cons.. But for me the major issues with IRON were
1. The absolutely pathetic suspension.. Seriously lousy in everyway..After initial rides thought i will get used to it but after some time started getting elbow and shoulder pain.. And i clocked around 11k kms on my bike but this continued.. So finally sold it as i got a good buyer
2. Bad Ground clearence.. Madde it impossible to use it as a regular bike on the famed bangalore roads and if had to ride with a pillion, literally gave me the creeps

Other issues like inadequate Braking, Small tank which gave a range of 100kms,etc, i could live with but not with the above two major points i mentioned

As i already said, sold my bike couple of months ago and as of now riding my good old Bullet

Quote:

Congrats Avi.. You finally did it Has there been any effect on the Fuel efficiency?
rashreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:16   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
The absolutely pathetic suspension
Quote:
Bad Ground clearence
Quote:
inadequate Braking, Small tank
Rash, you are telling us that you will be buying the Triumph Bonneville

Go ahead, I am confident it's a decision you wont regret

Quote:
Has there been any effect on the Fuel efficiency?
It's still on its 1st tankful and did about 125kms on it and thankfully no FE warning light yet...

I am sure first few tankfuls FE might be less due to "Arrows Euphoria" since iam revving my arrival these days instead of sneaking up on back of others & flying past them...LOL
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:49   #654
BHPian

Any T100 owners in this forum who have been ARROWéd yet. Post some pics if there indeed be.
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:01   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
Any T100 owners in this forum who have been ARROWéd yet. Post some pics if there indeed be.
AFAIK, T100 comes with pea-shooter pipes and Arrow doesn't have pipes for T100 but, Triumph has its own brand of pipes which are known as "Free Flow" or "High Flow Silencers (HFS)" .

These pipes cost about 22K which is a simple end-can slip-ons and doesn't improve performance in any way but, is only for audio note which is also quite subtle and as per the feedback of one T100 owner reduces considerably over a short period of time and he is not happy with them anymore.

Therefore, I would not recommend you to install them on your T100

Infact, T100 owner is now getting his baffles cut from his stock pipes by the dealership and hoping for better results
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:08   #656
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Infact, T100 owner is now getting his baffles cut from his stock pipes by the dealership and hoping for better results
He will hear louder whip cracks whilst engine breaking at least There goes another beutiful T100 to a Loud T100 !

have Fun

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:13   #657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
He will hear louder whip cracks whilst engine breaking at least There goes another beutiful T100 to a Loud T100
Ram, with due respect. Just like color, customizations to a bike is a personal choice and people normally grow out of things and want different things in their bike to keep their interest alive.

Keeping a bike stock (especially a powerful bike) is a very difficult decision and only a few successfully can stick to it

After all, he is a 25yr old guy with already 8000kms on his T100's odometer
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:23   #658
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Ram, with due respect. Just like color, customizations to a bike is a personal choice and people normally grow out of things and want different things in their bike to keep their interest alive.

Keeping a bike stock (especially a powerful bike) is a very difficult decision and only a few successfully can stick to it

After all, he is a 25yr old guy with already 8000kms on his T100's odometer
Hey Avi,

That is why I said in my previous post "have fun". Each man unto himself.

Nothing wrong with modding, but in my opinion this is a pointless mod. He should have tried one of the power boost ECU maps (some of which can be bought online even, I am told) which would have given him more satisfaction and making it even more of stealthier killer in sheeps clothing

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:55   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing wrong with modding, but in my opinion this is a pointless mod.
I agree with you Ram. He enjoys the stock smoothness very much and now yearning for some sound. He owns 3 bullets and 1 norton as well

Btw, he is so enamoured with his T100 that he calls me practically every day if we can go for a ride and we both staying very close doesnt help me much

He's from a business community and isn't aware about other options and is also not very internet savvy ( akin to most people from such communities) and treats me as his big brother and relies on me for any/all recommendations

Quote:
He should have tried one of the power boost ECU maps (some of which can be bought online even, I am told) which would have given him more satisfaction and making it even more of stealthier killer in sheeps clothing
Now this is interesting. Please share more information about this power boosting ECU maps and I will share this info with him and iam sure his indulgent father will not say no irrespective of it's cost

P.S: Such power boosting maps are available for normal Bonnie as well?
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:59   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Oh no. That's rubbish. Speak to Mitra, my sales associate. He did a great job overall with my purchase.

And if you want to see a Bonne and your in the vicinity of South Bombay, send me a pm.

Cheers
Hello, I don't understand what is rubbish in that, I wanted to share my experience with Shaman thats it and unfortunately it was Mitra, I spoke to initially before moving out of my house, and later it was him who said the bike is not available.
Thanks for the offer djpeesh, I have 'seen' bonnies before at Shaman and I was also present at their poorly executed launch at the Mahalakshmi racecourse. I just wanted to further my pursuit by riding one properly.
Anyways to their credit Mitra did call up again couple of days back and did offer to get the bike to my house, which I think is a very positive approach.
thanks and sorry for offtopic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks