Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2008, 12:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

that black one looks like a Q5 or Q7 to me.
Old 10th October 2008, 20:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
that black one looks like a Q5 or Q7 to me.
fx45 the black one is the Q5 like mentioned by me earlier as well.
Old 22nd May 2014, 02:55   #18
BHPian

Here are some pictures of my Audi A3 TFSI, 2T. Its a 2009 model. It took several months of search to find this car (test drove several beaten up A3 before finalizing this A3). The previous owner of this car had a small dog and it looks like she drove the dog around on her lap - I see a lot of nail marks on the driver side panel, otherwise the car is super clean.

Right after buying the car, I took her to a local Audi shop - did all the checkups, fluids and a full replacement of rear brakes - total damage to the bank was $720.

Model spec:

Engine 2.0L 200 hp I4 (Some of the sites are claiming these are under rated numbers, As per APR - their dyno showed 222 HP stock).
Horsepower 200 @ 5100 RPM
Torque (NM) 280 @ 1800 RPM
Tire size, front
225/40R18 92Y
Tire size, rear 225/40R18 92Y
Wheel size 18-by-7.5 inches front and rear
Wheel material Alloy
Brakes, front Ventilated disc
Brakes, rear Disc
6 Speed S-tronic (DSG)

Driving Experience:

Till now my daily commute was a Mitsubishi Endeavor (a.k.a - Montero), 3.8L V6, its a great SUV, however, the change to A3 was significant. Don't shoot me for comparing and SUV and 'sporty' hatchback. Clearly there is a turbo lag till it revs up to 2000 RPM, then it pulls you back to seat and sets off. Merging to the highway was never easier. The dual clutch automatic is amazing, it shifts at lightening speeds, its so fun to watch the RPM meter during shifts (the change is instant). There are 4 modes to drive (trust me, I use all 4 modes depending on the traffic and my mood).

1. Mode-D - This is the standard mode, no aggressive shifting here, saves the earth and protects your bank balance.
2. Sports -S - The shifts happens at much higher rpms (mostly around 5k), this mode gives you the feel of driving a sports car
3. Manual Paddle shifts - Runs just like a manual gear box, use the paddle shifts to up/down shift. The upper regulator is at 6500 rpm (ie - if you dont upshift by 6.5k, the car will do it for you - the downshift seems to be based on the speed, if I slows down to cross a speed bumper the car automatically comes down to the second gear, a complete stop obviously puts the car in the 1st gear).
4. Manual - using the gear knob - Same as #3, you will use the gear knob to up/down shift. Surprisingly, the paddle shifts adds a little bit of delay in gear shifts and the gear knobs seems to respond quicker (am not sure if its my mental block).

#4 is my favorite, it gives the feel of driving a manual car. When I start the car in the morning, I use Mode-D, waits the car to warm up to the optimal level (it takes about 2 miles drive to heat up the car), then I switch to manual mode and vroooooooooooooooom to the office. Too bad, my office is only 10 miles from my home.

In my first 3 fillings, I got an average of 20 Miles per Gallon (aproxx 8 Kmpl) - this is 100% city traffic. On the highway, I should get around 14kmpl (provided I drive at less than 70 Miles/hour).

The speed limit on most of the streets around are 45 Miles/Hr (72 km/hr), I have to make serious efforts to make sure I dont go beyond 80km/hr because the car accelerates to 100km/h in almost no time (atleast it feels like it compared to my SUV). The claimed 0-100km/hr number is 6.7 seconds to 7.1 seconds depending on what site you are reading. On the highway, the speed limit is 105 km/hr, however, cops ignore you till you go beyond 130km/hr. So, you can guess at what speed I would be cruising on the freeways. I have not driven the car any faster than 150km/hr yet ( planning to take to the track after the upgrades).

Electrnonics/accessories - Standard Audi stuff - Electric seats with heaters, Panaromic sunroof (this is an A3 specific feature), LED tail lights, CD player with Bluetooth Phone connection and iPod interface.

Next steps :
My plan is to do a stage-2 unitronic tune on this car (http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/). 280 HP and 440Mn torque. 0-100km should be in low 5 seconds after the tune. The stage tune software would cost me only $650 dollars, however, I would need a cold air intake ($300) and a Turboback exhaust ($1500) before doing the tune. I am not doing evrything together, going step by step to experience the transformation.

Update : (I have been writing this post since last 3 weeks, here is some update)

Installed Billy Boat Turbo back exhaust (TBE) - See pictures of the installation below. (FYI, Billy Boat was a race car driver, he is now retired and runs a performance exhaust shop here in Arizona, its a very popular name here in the US and one of the best in the exhaust makers).

The turbo lag reduced significantly after the TBE install, it must have added at least 30 HP. The sound is awesome, I get the feel of driving a sports car, like a Ferrari ( just kidding, I have never driven a Ferrari). See Youtube link below for TBE sound.

The downpipe is 3 inch in diameter (Vs the stock 2 inches), this means the turbo can breath better, thereby making more power. My technical knowledge on engines and how it functions is very limited, whatever it does, its great, drives so much better, its a pleasure to rev up the car in the manual mode just because of the deep throat tone it makes.

Thanks for reading my stupid post (writing), Will post more pictures as I get more mods done. Cold Air intake would be my next upgrade, I think I would go with either APR Carbonio or K&N Typhoon, reading the reviews of both...

Cheers
Raneesh

+ more pictures (from my cell, not the best quality though).

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-4.jpg

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-3-1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-1-2.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-2-2.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2014 at 09:35.
raneeshvijayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 05:11   #19
BHPian

Re: Here is my Audi A3, 2.0 Turbo

Here is the Youtube video of my new Exhaust. I have not not included the stock sound as it sounded like any other car.

Some photos from the Exhaust install. (Just realized I uploaded them in the wrong order, please view from bottom to top).
Attached Thumbnails
AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-1-5.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-4-2.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-3-3.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-2-5.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-2-4.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-4-1.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-3-2.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-1-4.jpg  

Last edited by raneeshvijayan : 7th June 2014 at 23:53.
Old 9th June 2014, 08:53   #20
BHPian

Re: Here is my Audi A3, 2.0 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneeshvijayan View Post
Here is the Youtube video of my new Exhaust. I have not not included the stock sound as it sounded like any other car.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=l6Vi6pAirUY

Some photos from the Exhaust install. (Just realized I uploaded them in the wrong order, please view from bottom to top).
More photos added on June 8th:
------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails
AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-5.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-4-3.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-3-4.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-2-6.jpg  

AUDI A3 "Sportback"!!!-photo-1-6.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks