Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 21:51   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon

Big Boy Toyz launches its multi-storey showroom on NH-8 Gurgaon (near Hero Honda Chowk). This is the brand's second outlet (after Delhi).

The 36,000 sq ft facility has a display capacity of over 100 cars.

Their current turnover is in the range of Rs. 150 - 200 crores. Target is to increase that to 1,000 crores in three years. Currently, BBT is averaging 18 cars a month with an inventory of close to 50 cars. The company plans to have a stock of 100+ cars by the end of 2016.

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-0.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-1.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-2.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-3.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-3b.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-3c.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-4.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-5.jpg

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-b.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2016 at 10:40.
GTO is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 23:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon

johannskaria is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 23:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Their current turnover is in the range of Rs. 150 - 200 crores. Target is to increase that to 1,000 crores in three years. Currently, BBT is averaging 18 cars a month with an inventory of close to 50 cars. The company plans to have a stock of 100+ cars by the end of 2016.
Those are surprising numbers there. Managing to find new owners for 18 cars a month (with avg sale price of approx Rs. 1 Cr) is an impressive feat.

Any guesstimates about the total number of NEW super luxury/sports cars sold per month in India? I have a feeling BBT has a Maruti like marketshare in the pre-owned super luxury/sports car market!

But increasing the turnover 5 times in 3 years - that sounds impossible.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 08:57   #4
Team-BHP Support

Taking a look at their inventory, they don't call it the big boy toyz store for nothing!

No better place than Gurgaon for such a marketplace. All the good folk who roam around town in 5s and the kind have a better toy to play with.

Stay tuned to see these delightful cars being thrown around pavements and craters!
Old 25th May 2016, 11:13   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Those are surprising numbers there. Managing to find new owners for 18 cars a month (with avg sale price of approx Rs. 1 Cr) is an impressive feat.
Not all are exotics. They also have E-Class, Cayennes and other 'regular' premium cars in their inventory.

North India is the biggest market for premium cars and Big Boy Toyz is the most visible used car dealer there.

Quote:
Any guesstimates about the total number of NEW super luxury/sports cars sold per month in India?
Lamborghini sells 20 odd cars a year in India.

Quote:
Considering their showroom & presence, I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to get an authorised dealership or two for one of the luxury marques.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 12:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God. I realize now that they are a used car dealer. I earlier thought that they import cars from abroad and sell them here.
Such a lavish showroom for selling used cars! I doubt even Mercedes or BMW showrooms would be as lavish as this.
Okay, I admit these are not regular cars, these are super cars. The people who will buy them wont like dealing a desi chacha or sitting in a plastic chair for the paper work.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 25th May 2016 at 12:29. Reason: added comment
abhishek46 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 13:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

Any guesstimates about the total number of NEW super luxury/sports cars sold per month in India? I have a feeling BBT has a Maruti like marketshare in the pre-owned super luxury/sports car market!

Honestly, in a market like Delhi/NCR where money changes hand faster than the speed of light, BBT will have very little difficulty in going 5 times in turnover. They have hit the Punjab/Chandigarh/Ludhiana/Gurgaon/Faridabad markets really well. And not to mention, Bollywood presence. Also, endorsements from artists/music stars etc.

IMO, its a solid business plan. It has been in emerging markets for decades. Especially considering most entrepreneurs understand the value of used luxury cars very well. Case in point: GTO's pre worshipped 530d.
shivs2003 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 14:03   #8
VSD
BHPian

Their marketing plan is strong and their company shall see the huge turnover in the coming years because there are so many cash rich customers willing to buy their favorite super cars and then exchange for another one when they're bored of their toys. This is where BBT fills in the gap and offer the best variety of super cars you can find in one place.

Example:
If you want to sell your 3 year old 530d which you bought for 55Lakh, they will only offer you about 25Lakhs for it and in exchange one wants to buy their 3 year old Porsche Carrera S at 1.2 crores, which really should be around 90 odd lakhs. WIN-WIN for BBT in both ways.

These cars will mostly be bought by people with loads of black money and wouldn't mind losing money on their cars value. BBT offers it's customers buyback on their cars by reducing 25% per year. They will undervalue your car like anything and overcharge for theirs. They just assume that you're stupid enough to not understand how the market works (and mostly it does work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post
Honestly, in a market like Delhi/NCR where money changes hand faster than the speed of light, BBT will have very little difficulty in going 5 times in turnover. They have hit the Punjab/Chandigarh/Ludhiana/Gurgaon/Faridabad markets really well. And not to mention, Bollywood presence. Also, endorsements from artists/music stars etc.

IMO, its a solid business plan. It has been in emerging markets for decades. Especially considering most entrepreneurs understand the value of used luxury cars very well. Case in point: GTO's pre worshipped 530d.
You are right about North India being the biggest market for them. Some famous garages in Delhi/NCR change their cars like clothes. These then go to BBT as they are the ones who can offer something better in return as most of the super/sports cars inventory is now being held by them.
VSD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 20:19   #9
BHPian

Was checking their website which has the whole collection including loads of Bentleys. I think the price on their cars in pretty high. To have 2013 models of Bentleys around the 3 cr mark is asking too much. The mark down isn't enough at all. The other thing that will hurt them a lot is that anyone who can spend 3 cr on a car would surely go for a brand new one at 4.3-4.5 cr (you get a model which is current and a new car).

Would be interesting to see the price of a new Bentley or Lambo in 2013 compared to what this company is giving us in the used market.

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2016 at 10:32. Reason: As requested
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 12:15   #10
BHPian

Surprised that they have so much sale when the prices on their website are almost 20 to 30 percent higher than market prices!
Wonder how much difference there is between the quoted and final selling price or maybe people that side are really rich
Old 26th May 2016, 13:46   #11
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Was checking their website which has the whole collection including loads of Bentleys. I think the price on their cars in pretty high. To have 2013 models of Bentleys around the 3 cr mark is asking too much. The mark down isn't enough at all. The other thing that will hurt them a lot is that anyone who can spend 3 cr on a car would surely go for a brand new one at 4.3-4.5 cr (you get a model which is current and a new car).

Would be interesting to see the price of a new Bentley or Lambo in 2013 compared to what this company is giving us in the used market.
Exactly what I was mentioning couple of posts above. They overcharge customers just because they can. They usually do park & sell deals and hold up most of the super car/luxury car inventory of north India. So, anyone looking for used super car(s) will end up purchasing from them.

Also, people who can spend crores on cars do come to them because buying a used luxury car makes more financial sense than buying a new one, especially looking at today's new car prices sky-rocketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash2424 View Post
Surprised that they have so much sale when the prices on their website are almost 20 to 30 percent higher than market prices!
Wonder how much difference there is between the quoted and final selling price or maybe people that side are really rich
They do go down considerably once you decide to hand them the booking amount. Even then it is at least 15% more than what it's actual worth should be.

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2016 at 10:33. Reason: Quoted post edited
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 14:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice! First time i heard about them is when i saw a friends friend in a merc sl down south with their name on his number plate. The prices on their site are higher but i do think thats negotiable to say the least.

The used car market really needed a company to back it like this one. They are just doing what the unlicensed dealers did before but in a better way.

Good luck to them and hope to see more ferraris trickle down the value chain.

Lastly i am sure these guys have some solid folk backing them. Needed for the business and area they are in.

Maddy

Last edited by maddy42 : 26th May 2016 at 14:05. Reason: Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 14:24   #13
BHPian

A couple of things based on my interaction with BBT when we were considering to buy from them a few years ago when they were still in Ghitorni.

1. They have very professional and more importantly well trained people in sales, for example the guy who was explaining the various options to us, seemed to know more than the Beemer sales guy about not just the plus but even the cons.

2. They know that luxury cars are the prime target for laundering money. They insist that payments be made by cheque or loan and we had quite a tough time trying to convince them to take a certain portion (about 10%) in cash.

3. The cars are kept very carefully and they use professional detailers to clean and polish the car once it is in their inventory. I was witness to a black land cruiser which as being done up by about 4-5 detailers using various professional equipment and meguiars products.

4. They seem to be well networked as well, the owner or the manager of the store who we met but could never figure out who he was since he'd act like an employee at times and like the boss man at times, was quick to do a discreet check on if we really had the money to afford a car like that or were we just indulging them and wasting their efforts. They could have been more discreet though.... since the information did trickle to us.

5. The pitfalls are that they seem to have the "chalta hai" delhi attitude, but i guess that comes with being in Delhi.

6. Their showroom was possibly the worst located showroom for a luxury car outlet which was in the middle of an urban village.

7. It was common to see the lower staff loitering around aimlessly which would be quite irritating since they'd start tailing you whenever you got up to go and take a call that you didn't want in public.

8. The prices are marked way higher than the market, but then they also guarantee the car which is more unwritten than anything else. I'm not sure how true this is, but we were told that they did a major repair at their cost for an ultra luxury car which had failed mechanically in a few weeks after they sold it to someone.

9. I'm not sure about the trade-in deals and from what I could figure there were not too many trade-in deals that they were doing either.

10. A major major pitfall was that most of the luxury cars they have are NOT delhi registered which was a big issue since we'd figure that out after narrowing down on a prospect only to be told, that it was not registered in Delhi. They have many UK and WB registered cars.

this was my 2 cents on the BBT experience.
duke is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 14:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

Just noticed on their website, that a 3 year old Toyota Hiace is up for sale at an incredible 95 Lakhs.
A Hiace for 95 Lakhs!
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 14:55   #15
BHPian

Just checked out their website. In the search, the result does not filter out "Sold Out" cars. . So i searched for Mercedes Benz Convertible and it gave 4 results, all Sold Out.
autobahnjpr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks