Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 17:34   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Seems to have crash landed. Less that a third of tolls are equipped to handle it. ICICI is planning to pull out.
Old 1st October 2015, 15:04   #92
BHPian

Well FastTag is going the Swacch Bharat mission way from the three trips I made in Bangalore - Chennai route; those lanes do not work or filled just like any other lane. No thought or preparatory work has gone in. Idea seems to be leap before looking. Given we are habitual lane breakers, no wonder this also set to fail! Cheers
Old 1st October 2015, 16:26   #93
BHPian

OT :
On a recent trip - Toll booth personnel would not provide proper change. For a Rs.17 toll they would only give a 2 Re coin. Only when questioned they would say "no change".

I wrote to NHAI on their web-site under the complaints section a few days ago. Got calls from three different officers asking for clarifications on the incident and also promising that this would not happen again in future as they have warned the concerned toll personnel.

I do not expect a miracle but just feel that if more people post similar complains they will be forced to correct the system.
rangan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 22:46   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hey Mahesh, did you actually complete the process of tagging your car? Just curious to know a few things in addition,

a. Is the tag transferable or does one need to apply afresh?

b. Is there a validity period for the credit in ones account?

Although I don't have any immediate plans of a trip, I'll be happy to be Fastag ready

@Mahesh - Its better to get the application from the toll and submit all the documents which is the only way it works, ICICI Fastag never called me almost for a month.

FYKI - I have submitted and got the FASTag fixed in my car

@Pannags - 1. Not sure whether it is transferable,
2. and validity is forever, your account, your money

All - All the tolls in between Chennai Bangalore let me go with no hassles,

FASTag is working as expected

Now am in a position that i have to recharge my account, i will do it by calling the customer care to identify the way of doing it.

Enjoy Highwaying !!
trtraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 23:09   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
@Mahesh - Its better to get the application from the toll and submit all the documents which is the only way it works, ICICI Fastag never called me almost for a month.

Thats a good news. Can you provide more information about how you got your tag? Is your FASTag account associated with ICICI or Axisbank?

I have been tracking the ICICI fastag website for more than 3 months. But nothing has been updated about outlets in Bangalore.
Old 21st October 2015, 00:56   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangan View Post
OT :
On a recent trip - Toll booth personnel would not provide proper change. For a Rs.17 toll they would only give a 2 Re coin. Only when questioned they would say "no change".

I wrote to NHAI on their web-site under the complaints section a few days ago. Got calls from three different officers asking for clarifications on the incident and also promising that this would not happen again in future as they have warned the concerned toll personnel.

I do not expect a miracle but just feel that if more people post similar complains they will be forced to correct the system.
Such a scam is very common actually, They wont return back the total change saying exactly what you said, Or at times hand you over chocolates (Those very cheap ones) Upon denying the chocolates they simply refuse taking it back! Happens frequently with me at the Nasik toll, So i always hand them over the exact toll amount.

Thank God all the tolls from Mumbai to Rajasthan route are really fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landkruzer View Post
Thats a good news. Can you provide more information about how you got your tag? Is your FASTag account associated with ICICI or Axisbank?

I have been tracking the ICICI fastag website for more than 3 months. But nothing has been updated about outlets in Bangalore.
Yes the ICICI Website isn't really updated or simple to understand, i am too very interested to get the fast tag for my vehicle.
Old 21st October 2015, 11:21   #97
BHPian

I spoke to ICICI bank Bangalore. Apparently the only place you can get in Bangalore is in the Bommanahalli branch. You will need to carry

1 cheque leaf(no cash payment accepted)
1 passport photo
RC Book photo copy
ID and address proof.

And some first time charges of 200 Rs + 14% service tax.

They will provide a RFID tag which can be stuc on windshield. And it will take 2 to 3 days to activate it.
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 16:03   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Such a scam is very common actually, They wont return back the total change saying exactly what you said, Or at times hand you over chocolates (Those very cheap ones) Upon denying the chocolates they simply refuse taking it back! Happens frequently with me at the Nasik toll, So i always hand them over the exact toll amount.
Between Bengaluru and Hassan some locals apparently collected those chocolates and gave 21 of those back on an occasion. The toll plaza guys refused it and a big ugly fight ensued. Result of that is that they tender exact change on that stretch now.

Too scared to try that tactic. I lack the muscles.
Old 21st October 2015, 23:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangan View Post
Between Bengaluru and Hassan some locals apparently collected those chocolates and gave 21 of those back on an occasion. The toll plaza guys refused it and a big ugly fight ensued. Result of that is that they tender exact change on that stretch now.

Too scared to try that tactic. I lack the muscles.
Seriously, I have seen many times people reacting about this in a very violent way but well everyone at the tolls are in this, So they always have an excuse saying they don't have change, Imagine by keeping 2-3 rs extra per car, How much extra do they make daily? Monthly? yearly? Figures would reach 6 figures easily!
Old 22nd October 2015, 12:59   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post

@Pannags - 1. Not sure whether it is transferable,
2. and validity is forever, your account, your money

All - All the tolls in between Chennai Bangalore let me go with no hassles,

FASTag is working as expected

Now am in a position that i have to recharge my account, i will do it by calling the customer care to identify the way of doing it.

Enjoy Highwaying !!

Is every toll between Bangalore-Madras enabled with FASTag now? I still see atleast Attibelle and Krishnagiri are not enabled with FASTag (though dedicated lane is there, cash counters are still present in many of the tolls .

-Ravi
Old 24th October 2015, 16:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I spoke to ICICI bank Bangalore. Apparently the only place you can get in Bangalore is in the Bommanahalli branch. You will need to carry

1 cheque leaf(no cash payment accepted)
1 passport photo
RC Book photo copy
ID and address proof.

And some first time charges of 200 Rs + 14% service tax.

They will provide a RFID tag which can be stuc on windshield. And it will take 2 to 3 days to activate it.
what about the vehciles that already have the RFID tag came along with the vehicle nowadays ? Do i have to get another RFID tag from ICICI for use the existing one ?
Old 26th October 2015, 14:51   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
what about the vehciles that already have the RFID tag came along with the vehicle nowadays ? Do i have to get another RFID tag from ICICI for use the existing one ?
Interesting! Sir I did not get your question at all but it triggered a curiosity in me. What do you mean by vehicles nowadays come along with RFID tag attached? I have absolutely no clue. Which vehicles are these? Where is the tag attached? Also, can you really read any RFID tag as long as you have a reader?
Old 26th October 2015, 15:51   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Do i have to get another RFID tag from ICICI for use the existing one ?
Yes. The RFID coming with vehicle is of no use as of now.

For Fastag it is a separate tag which has to be purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Where is the tag attached?
From 2014, as per guideline from government new vehicles are coming with RFID tag attached on windshield. As of now, it is not useful for any purpose.

Few pics from TBHP

Celerio

Scorpio
Old 26th October 2015, 16:19   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Interesting! Sir I did not get your question at all but it triggered a curiosity in me. What do you mean by vehicles nowadays come along with RFID tag attached? I have absolutely no clue. Which vehicles are these? Where is the tag attached? Also, can you really read any RFID tag as long as you have a reader?
This is the RFID tag that came along with my Honda Brio. Its there in my XUV500 too and also in most cars manufactured after 2014.
But seems they are of no use now.
Attached Thumbnails
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-1445857003137.jpg  

Old 26th October 2015, 17:27   #105
Team-BHP Support

Very strange! My Duster AWD has none. Its a late 2014 model purchased in 2015 Jan. Probably it came in the initial few months of 2014 only.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks