Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:45   #16
BHPian

Guys need advice on the workshop for repairs - hoping mostly bodywork , denting painting

I am staying at Gachibowli

Best I have heard is Autofin in Bowenpally - but that's 20+ kms away & commuting to check the progress of the car is going to be a pain

Nearest is Malik cars Service Center at Towli Chowki - but is it recommended ?

3rd option is Concorde motors workshop in Sanath Nagar

what do you say ?
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Check with the Hyd guys in Palio Users Group (PalioUsersIndia : PalioUsersIndia) OR just search the PUG archives.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:50   #18
BHPian

Guys - the situation on the repair is a real mess - After lots of to & fro with the Packer & the insurance company & the Service Center - here's the situation

- Total estimate ( cheapest cost after comparing 3 quotations ) works out to Rs 93000/- odd
- Insurance company based on their workings ( Metal @ 60%, Rubber @ 50%,Glass @ 100%) will pay out a maximum of Rs 50000 for repair
- If I just take a cash claim it is just Rs 30000
- I have driven the car - except for the Right hand both doors & roof damage, there is no impact to the front or the suspension, tyres, brakes etc - So looks like a genuine smash when the trailer overturned

Now what are the options in front of me ?
- What happens to the balance Rs. 43 k ( Rs 93k- Rs 50k) - Packers are not ready to pay for it
- Packers are suggesting to invoke my Insurance ( till now all estimates are from Transit Insurance company) - pay some money to the assessor - get my car repaired from my personal insurance & take the Rs. 30000 from the transit insurance
- But if i do it , will things such as my driving history etc be effected - impacting my future insurance with other cars which i may buy
- The car is a 2004 Siena ELX with 68k kms on the odo - should i be looking at getting it repaired & then trying to sell it off - with minimum damage to my pocket

I have never been involved in such a thing - Any advice would be welcome
Old 26th April 2010, 12:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

You can take the cash claim but then do you think you take a second claim on the same issue from your own insurance? Check this fact before taking a decision. Your Mover should pay for the damage have you considered going to a consumer court with your issue?
Old 26th April 2010, 12:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
You can take the cash claim but then do you think you take a second claim on the same issue from your own insurance? Check this fact before taking a decision. Your Mover should pay for the damage have you considered going to a consumer court with your issue?
As I understand - Cash claim would be a amount of Rs 30k given by Transit Insurance company - no bills etc for repair need to be submitted

Then I need to get the car repaired by my own insurance ( assuming assessor agrees & insurance company agrees)

Regarding going to consumer court - what chances do i have - the terms & conditions of the transit insurance clearly state the below
1. Allied Lemuir is the mediator between you & insurance company & does not have any decision making powers in settling the claim. Allied Lemuir can provide the necessary documents to Insurance Company on your behalf. The amount of claim will be decided by Insurance Company only. Whatever the amount settled by NIC, the same amount should be acceptable to you/your company. No claim amount over and above will be paid by ALLIED LEMUIR.
2. This insurance does not cover any mechanical/electrical, malfunctions.
3. The insurance only pays cost of damage and not the replacement value
Old 26th April 2010, 12:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Besides the car owners insurance, I think the transporter also to insure the goods or car (whatever they carry) and it is their duty to handover the goods in good condition as you handed over at your place. You have not done any damage or accident to your car. The car is damaged while in transit and the transporter is fully responsible for the damage. It all depends how good the transporter is - how much coverage they have taken for this car etc.
Having said all these, it is not easy to settle the matter as the transported will always try to espcape with just some contribution? Be after them and to make sure that you get the car in good shape!
That is the ideal scenario and will seldom happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
The car is insured by me from Tata AIG

However - I did pay them 1.5% of the value of the car ( on Rs. 1.77 lacs) - Rs 2655/- for the transit & they mentioned that National Insurance was taken

The same is mentioned in their invoice as well - The movers involved is a professional one & so far they have been transperent with their dealings with them

They said they'll take the car to the Service centre - Should I tell them the Service center preference ?

So I am hoping that majority of the repairs are covered by the Insurance & the balance on deductibles, rubber, glass part etc is paid by the movers
If you look closely, the national insurance that you have taken will only cover theft and not damage to the goods. We happened to burn our fingers once while transporting goods from delhi to trivandrum. Many of our household goods were damage in transit and only later we realized that that the insurance taken by the transporter (National Insurance - coincidence perhaps) covered only theft of goods and not damage.

Since this is a big amount, I suggest you try to pull some strings (any police of political connections) and make the transporter cough up the difference. With our judicial system, if you go to court, only your son will be able to get the verdict
Old 26th April 2010, 12:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

see point 3. Insurance pays for the cost of damage. Rs 30,000 that they will give you will be against this damage. So if the damage is already paid for, AFAIK you canot get your insurance company to pay for the same coverage again for the damage already paid for.
Consumer Courts are a much speedier way of ensuring justice. If you are not in urgent need of the car, try this option. Give your mover a notice through Court and maybe he will meet you midway over and above the amount the insurance pays for repair.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Talking of full claim, that will work only provided the insurer agrees to it. Looking at the damage, it does not look ir-repairable. Unless the car is completely totaled, they may not issue a total loss oer whatever you call it.

So, you have to repair and then claim from the insurer th balance. But again, here I dont think they will provide, as it is a risk that we are complying that we will face.

But then again, it depends on the guys and if they are good they should definitely compensate for the excess. Also, try your hand with the insuarnce agents by saying spares are difficult to get etc.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

In case Allied Lemuir is your company appointed transporter it will be fairly easy to get your admin people to intervene and get AL to pay the difference. It is a small sum for them to bear as a business expense rather than mess with or worse lose a corporate account.

Wandrernomad is correct when he says that the second insurance company will not pay for the claim that has already been settled by another insurer.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In case Allied Lemuir is your company appointed transporter it will be fairly easy to get your admin people to intervene and get AL to pay the difference. It is a small sum for them to bear as a business expense rather than mess with or worse lose a corporate account.
Unfortunately - I was between jobs - so while I got the contact from my previous company for Allied Lemuir - it was not a corporate relocation
The policy in my new company was - pay for relocation yourself 1st - submit a expense claim - & we'll re-imburse

Had it been a employer handled thing - I would just have called my Logistics team & asked them to stop the payment till i got my car back in good condition - & they would have stopped the payment + all other pending payments !

Here i have already made the payment
Old 26th April 2010, 19:13   #26
BHPian

One insurance related question - Had this been a normal damage ( eg a accident in which I was involved) - does the valuation happen different w.r.t depreciation

Example : the cost of the new door which needs replacement is Rs. 11200/- - it is a 6 yr old car -what the Insurance company has agreed to pay is 60% of this value = Rs 6720

Why this value of 60 % ? - will this vary say if the car is 1/2 yr old or 10 yr old ?
Old 26th April 2010, 19:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oh o.k. here is another thought out aloud.

You are being burdened with the extra outgo which has primarily arisen out of the move, so logically you can treat this as an expense and claim it from the new employer. At worst they might refuse so no (further)loss and at best they might agree to bear the same or maybe split it which will be good for you.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edit

Yes the depreciating value of the asset has a direct effect on the payout. The insurer will base their payout on the depreciated value. Payout for the 1/2 year old will be more compared to anything older than that.

Re edit

A new vehicle itself attracts 5% depreciation. The IDV for a brand new car is invoice value less 5%.

Off Topic

Once you are out of this scenario and ready to buy new wheels check out a new policy that pays out 100% of the value of the parts irrespective of the depreciation or the material i.e. rubber, glass, metal etc. It is something like Dell's complete cover you break it(un intentionally off course) and they replace it. There is a restriction on number of times you can claim in a year (twice I think) but other than that apart from the higher premium it is total peace of mind.

Last edited by khoj : 26th April 2010 at 19:46.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

^^Yeah its called depreciation, for cars from 0-6months its 0% i guess then 6-12months 5%. from 12-24 months its 10% and so on. i guess maximum 50% is for cars older than 5 years, after that its flat.
Old 27th April 2010, 14:42   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification guys - so that rules out anything i can do with the Insurance company - w.r.t them approving a amount of Rs 50k out of the total repair estimate of Rs 93k - I was thinking if there are issues around the same then i approach the Insurance Ombudsperson etc...

that leaves me with the movers - i am well within my rights to demand the balance Rs. 43k from them - I had taken the insurance & yet due to no fault of mine - the car gets damaged in an accident involving their trailer - In the absence of any other levers to pull - that leaves me out with Consumer Court as the only option
Old 12th May 2010, 18:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
.... - In the absence of any other levers to pull - that leaves me out with Consumer Court as the only option
Any updates in this direction???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks