Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2006, 18:58   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
LBM also stands for "Loose Bowel Movement"

gentlefolks we have a winner here.

Amit, baba. Stop. No need to change from GT4 to Power and add another mono 601.1. You have ENOUGH equipment and I am sure it sounds good. Putting TWO Power 1600s in the same car is too much. Don't waste your money.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 28th June 2006 at 19:00.
Old 29th June 2006, 00:03   #32
BHPian

ya SAM, and that too is impossible for me at the moment... or maybe for the next 1 or 2 year.

But in future when i do buy a new car on my own (accent is my dads car), definitely i am in for JBL power series or maybe something better than power series, but i bet again its going to be JBL.

I am so much in love with this brand that, i think i'll name one of my kid ,JBL!!

In future, when ever i'll buy my own car, it'll be have a GTO12001.1 with two 1600 watts JBL subs OR maybe something morre powerful than this.

I am so damm engrosed in this ICE stuff 24x7, that i hardly think about girls.

Like people describe figures 36-24-36, i describe my babes figure as 6"-6.5"-15".... lol..
Old 29th June 2006, 13:02   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
Like people describe figures 36-24-36, i describe my babes figure as 6"-6.5"-15".... lol..
If that is the case Amit I am sory to say that you need a life (or wife). :-)
Old 29th June 2006, 14:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
If that is the case Amit I am sory to say that you need a life (or wife). :-)
Yah... and SAM can help you with a few tips in that dept too!!
Old 29th June 2006, 16:41   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Yah... and SAM can help you with a few tips in that dept too!!
I think we need to start a special section for this too. MODS!! do we qualify???
Old 26th September 2006, 14:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

I was going to post this in a new thread called "The story of my ICE", but I think it will fit into this thread. Thanks, JK for letting me know about this thread.

Here's my ICE's story.

1) 2002 September: Got the car (Palio ELX). Installed (the 2nd most cheap) Kenwood HU and (the cheapest) Kenwood 5.25" speakers (These were really meant to be front speakers, but I used them for my rear fill for a long time). OE Speakers in front.

2) After 2 months, UGH! I can't stand the Noise! So, I swapped the OE fronts and dropped Alpine 5.25" co-axials in. Made things a lot better.

3) After 2-3 months, added a Kenwood 10 CD Changer. Great purchase. I was happy with it till my service guys washed it with the car about 2 years back (it was under the driver's seat). Nothing happened to it (!) but I expected something to happen any time. I sold it a while after the "wash" to my friend (who knew about the washing issue) for a song. He is still using it with NO problems 2 years after.

4) After a month or so I added a Blaupunkt Active Subwoofer (IC 10 or something like that). It was a small flat ported box with a mono amp and a 5.25" woofer. I used it for a about month before I knew I was stupid to have bought it and saved money on a full size sub and amp. So I gave to a friend. (Nobody wanted to buy it, even at 30% of purchase price).

5) I bought a Kenwood KFC-WF305 12" Subwoofer & a Kenwood 4 x 70W channel amp (black matte finish with aluminium highlights, and a Kenwood logo that lit up when it got turned on. The logo thing really thrilled the bits outta me). The guy who installed the lot told me the front & rear speakers were too puny to get wired to the Amp along with the sub, so 100% of the amp's juice went to the sub. (I was intelligent enough then to ask him to see if the front speakers could be connected to 2 channels and the sub to the other two.) The amp was installed under the driver's seat (behind the drivers seat). I got a small iron cage made which I dropped over the amp so passengers in the back wouldn't step on the amp, and so the amp would get some air around it even after I put the carpet on top. The sub was installed in a ported box I got made.

This setup lasted for quite some time (8-10 months I think).

6) After these 10 odd months, I realized the sound-stage in the front wasn't what it should be, and I shouldn't have to use the fader soooo much, so I swapped out the 5.25" Alpines in front for 6" Blaupunkt co-axials (some speaker in the In-Car series). Wow! That made a difference.

7) A couple of months later, I made the damn-fool mistake of leaving the car unattended at the service station when it was being washed. The guy who washed it was so careless, he swamped the the amp and the cd-changer, all in one go. They didn't show any problem then or for even a month after, but I was waiting for something to happen each time I switched the music on. By now, a front speaker was making "prrrr... prrrr..." sounds at medium volumes.

8) I visited the Blau showroom to get the front speaker fixed. I got it fixed, but gave it away in a month to another friend, as I felt there was a change in the sound quality. I bought a pair or Blau ODX552 (5.25" co-axials) instead for the front.

9) About a week after, I switched the Kenwoods (5.25") in the back to Blau ODX693s (6x9 3-way co-axials). Got them installed on a plank.

10) Next week I was back at the Blau joint. Just slumming. That's when I saw a new Head Unit "Casablanca" and the guy there convinced me to listen to it. I was HOOKED! I love vocals to come through well, and this HU was way better than my old one with vocals. After some major listening with my CDs, I decided it was time to switch HUs. Immediately the Kenwood got ripped out and the Casablanca went in. I got a nice steering-wheel remote with the HU. I sold the Kenwood HU & the Kenwood CD Changer to a friend.

11) A few days later I realised that the new HU had 2 pre-outs and a Sub-out. The sub out had been connected when I swapped HUs, but now I had 2 pre-outs lying waste! Soooooo.... Another visit to Blaupunkt.

12) This was some visit. I ripped out the Kenwood Amp (it got sold only a few months back, about 10 months after I changed it). Switched it with a Blau GTA450 amp for the front & rear speakers, and a Blau GTA250 amp for the sub. I also bought a Blau CDC-A03 10 disc changer (The only purchase I'll regret, as it was somewhat an unneccessary purchase). The whole lot got installed on a plank screwed to the rear seat. Power wires and RCAs were changed to BOSS wires (This was pre-TeamBHP, remember).

14) 2 weeks later I was back at Blaupunkt. The front sound stage didn't cut it. I need a bigger speaker in front. So out went the ODX552s, and in went ODX662s (6" 2-way coaxials). This made a BIG difference to the sound. (And I made a HUGE loss selling the 552s to a friend.) Now, the "amp-effect" started showing in the front-speakers. The sound stage was purrrrrrrfect. I was in Heaven.

15) I remained in heaven till about a month back. I stumbled on Team-BHP while checking out info on changing my wheels and tyres. That got done 2 days after, and I've been stuck in the ICE section ever since.

I haven't yet made any changes post-Team BHP, but a whole lot of changes are planned. Check out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/298900-post212.html
for the planned upgrades. It'll probably take me another year (at least) to get all that done, and hopefully each upgrade will keep giving the rush I get when upgrade my ICE.

I still am VERY happy with my ICE, as it is now. But... it can be better, right?
Old 1st October 2006, 18:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

My wait is finally over.....I upgraded....Yohoo!

At the outset, I would like to thank everybody including SAM, Navin, Gunman, LBM etc etc. for tolerating me for stupid questions and thus making this happen!!

A review of old HU/Speakers/Amps one had come across/USED

HU:Sony Xplod HU XRCA620X + CDX 757 (10 Mp3 changer)
Front: Pioneer TS 20 + Bose 3 1/2" Midrange
Rear: 6x9" Sony Xplod Speakers XSGT6945
Amp: Silicon 4 channel/Pio 6100F
Sub: 12" Premier TS126C
Custom Made Sealed enclosure (0.85 cu.ft).

How would you rate your old setup?

3/10, till the time I heard my new set up!

Why did you get that specific setup?

Expert opinions of sadak chaap car accesory walas and so called audition of chichora cars' ICE.

What was good/bad about it?

I was fascinated by comparing mine to other cars that didnt have ICE.

To what you upgraded?

HU - Same as above (I listen to a lot of cassettes, have app 2K; so thought of stickin' to it.)

Front - JBL GTO 607 6" Front Components. (never knew they were 2 ohms)

Rear - JBL GTO 937 6 X 9 (again never knew they were 2 ohms)+ Premier TS 126C 12" (in the tray - free air use); JBL 1000 W CS 1200T Bass Tube

Amp: Pioneer 6100F for the 4 speakers; JBL GTO 301.1 II MonoBloc for Bass Tube and Sub.

Wiring Used - Audiopipe (UK) 4 gauge Amp Kit + 8 gauge Visonik (I think) for second amp, never used any distribution block.

Dampening - Xtreme Dead (80 mils) for the front doors and boot.

Was the help @ TBHP the cause of your upgrade?

Of course YES! Only TBHP!

Last edited by panky12345 : 1st October 2006 at 18:23.
Old 1st October 2006, 22:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

cheers Pankaj waiting to hear your setup at the next meet.....
Old 3rd October 2006, 11:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
cheers Pankaj waiting to hear your setup at the next meet.....
sure LBM..... after all the inspiration was ur swift!!
Old 3rd October 2006, 12:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
Thank you sir ...at last some one appriciated my DIY effort......
Old 3rd October 2006, 20:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Wiring Used - Audiopipe (UK) 4 gauge Amp Kit + 8 gauge Visonik (I think) for second amp, never used any distribution block.
Quote:

yeah.....especially about distribution block.

panky,not many experts would advise u not using D-block.
Anyway congrates on ur upgradation to quite decent set-up.
Old 3rd October 2006, 22:00   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Goodness, panky, now that's a big jump. Congratulations!!
Old 3rd October 2006, 22:04   #43
BHPian

Interesting Thread..quite suitable for my NHC CVT story !..!

Ok..this Thread suits my NHC CVT ICE setup story !..
I had joined this Forum in May 2005..and I had booked my NHC CVT in May 2005..!..
And my ICE knowledge in cars was limited to like :
1 Nice Pioneer MP3/CD Head Unit..around Rs10,000..
1 Set of nice Pioneer 6X9 inch ovals for the Rear..and was amazed by those numbers..400watts,440watts,etc !!..and ofcourse..then,for me - Pioneer was GOD of ICE !..
1 nice 5 inch round speakers(again Pioneer !) for the front..
(My 1999 Esteem has a similar setup..ekdum basic stuff..)..and till May 2005,my knowledge on the Audio system part was THE SAME..until a site known as Team BHP came on my Google Search for NHC one day on my screen !

I was gonna do up my NHC ICE setup something like the above..
But then,man..I don't know howcome I came here,saw a few threads..and one day told dad we are going to have to extend our budget !..!
I came to know about Components,International Bands,Amplifiers,Head Units,Subwoofers,Wiring,etc.etc.
And at that time,our Sam Kapasi wasn't a part of this Team..so,got valuable information from members like Navin,and many others ..and well,finally,just imagine..I had planned originally planned around Rs15,000 extra for ICE..but then- just see what Team BHP made me finally spend..(ofcourse for quality stuff,which I love !!)..
Alpine HU - Rs16,000
Kicker KS Series 5 inch Components - $90
Kicker KS Series 6 inch Components - $110
Soundstream 4 channel Amp - Rs16,000
Soundstream 2 channel Amp - Rs6,000
Kicker Original Wiring - Rs6,000
Kicker CVR 10 Subwoofer - $80
Labour/Installation - Rs250o or so(I think..not too sure..don't remember)..credits to Viper for referring me to a very very good Audio System/Car Accessory shop here..the new shop was much better as well as cheaper than my previous car shop..

I had bought the Kicker stuff from States,which cost me like around 2 1/2 times cheaper than the Indian MRPs..but still,my original budget of Rs15,000 with my LIMITED knowledge was thrown out of gear,and finally spent around 4-5 times the system which I would have fitted had it not been for Team BHP !..main point for this particular thread !
I don't wanna sit and calculate the total money,otherwise will remind me of my dad telling me "I think you are getting an ICE system made with some Gold and Diamonds fitted as luxury cosmetics !"..because even his knowledge was limited like mine to basic Pioneer Head Unit,and basic Pioneer speakers..!..
But guys - whatever spent is worth..I love the system,and am proud to be a member here !..
Lets Go Team !
Cheers,
-sr

Last edited by srasania : 3rd October 2006 at 22:19.
Old 3rd October 2006, 22:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
yeah.....especially about distribution block.

panky,not many experts would advise u not using D-block.
Anyway congrates on ur upgradation to quite decent set-up.
Sir first of all panky is using two kits for two amps so I dont think any expert would recommend a Distribution block....because it will not be required....lol

Now plz comment on the same as i am waiting for ur reply for ur expert opinion on this
Old 4th October 2006, 09:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
I was going to post this in a new thread called "The story of my ICE", but I think it will fit into this thread.
Got to hand it to you for that post of yours mate, very well written!!!

And re: distribution block, this topic was HALF beaten to death on my mdf enclosures thread... I guess discussing here is inviting trouble from the mods.

Last edited by s0uljah : 4th October 2006 at 09:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks