Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2005, 23:45   #2236
BHPian

Soundstage missing in the front...

Here is the setup i have for my sail currently.

Sony 5500x HU
504Z
13cm Pio for front
6991 for rear.

Initially, the system had a pair of ts20 tweeter. The installer from sundaram insisted that they connect tweeter to the rear channel. And then they had placed the tweeters on the top corners of front windscreen. This created some kind of funny effect and later I removed these tweeters from the system, which solved the problem.

Now I want to do couple of things.

1. The soundstage is more prominent in the rear. I am the only person inside the car for most of the time. I want it to be prominent in the front.
2. Sony HU, after doing duty for 1 year, is now behaving crazily. It has started skipping a lot. Have to fix this.

For the above 2 things I have 2 options based on budget limitation and also want to use the existing speakers effectivly.

1. Buy a Comp for the front, and live with the current HU.
2. Use the ts20 with front channel and buy a good, new HU.

I am now more inclined to the 2nd option. Any idea on how to achieve this?
When the sundaram guys initially installed the 6991 and ts20 to the rear channel, how they achieved this without a crossover? And why those guys where insisting that it can only be connected to the rear channel and no to front?

Also what is the best place to put this ts20 in sail? I dont want to cut anything. Previous location was just cms away from my head. It could be one of the reason why it was creating that funny effect.
Old 6th November 2005, 23:48   #2237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme
Hi Mclaren & everyone,
Thanks for advice today i got everything figured out fine,As mclaren told now the speakers are on 2 channel and on other two channel is the Dvc.....Working good...But the thing i m worried about is that amp is getting too hot......Monster rc cable was coming for 4k didnt had tht much cash after installing Dvc so went for Jbl cable costed only 650 bugs, and it works quite good.
Well i was not installing my sub on only two channels b coz at tht time i didnt had any spare Rc cable so i was trying to make it work on two channels only...so does that mean tht on a 2 channel amp this configuration of 6991 and dvc cannot work???

And i still feel tht some thing must b done to get good bass out of the sub so installing one more amp with this setting will help me in any way, i was thinking to get alpine 620 (two channel amp) Will it help???Or shall i go for something else rather than installing one more amp????Do help...!!!!
thats a fake jbl u bought.

jsut get a mono amp for your sub if u can afford instead of tinkering with taht 504. u will be much happy taht way
Old 6th November 2005, 23:49   #2238
BHPian

Man ppl post here in no time sorry i was trying to repost the thng i wrote earlier b coz i thought tht some how my prvious post is not here...soryy

Last edited by somebodystopme : 6th November 2005 at 23:54.
Old 6th November 2005, 23:52   #2239
Senior - BHPian

@gkrishn. get compos. see another thread by Navin. he too has a sail.

a new HU with the tweeter wont give u a sound stage at the frnt with teh existing setup
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8040

Last edited by jkdas : 6th November 2005 at 23:58.
Old 6th November 2005, 23:57   #2240
Distinguished - BHPian

Thought about the 506's but if i have to cut then might as well remove Pioneer's and get JBL 6 X 9's.
Also with the HU be able to manage the 4 rear speakers + the 2 front speakers?
Old 6th November 2005, 23:57   #2241
BHPian

I can get a mono amp...so wht are good mono amps out there and ya if i get a mono amp...then wht abt present 504 i mean then wht abt the two channels of my 504 on which this sub is working right now??They will b of no use
Old 6th November 2005, 23:59   #2242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
426 would be a nice choice. i use them for my car ( they are powered by amps)

could u get 506 compos at the back? i mean if u dont mind some cutting.

426 = 2.5k b&w
506 = 4.5k i guess
Thought about the 506's but if i have to cut then might as well remove Pioneer's and get JBL 6 X 9's.
Old 7th November 2005, 00:02   #2243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
4 rear! FOR WHt! mate just get teh 426e or the 936 or 506.

teh HU can power 4 speakers not 6 !
Old 7th November 2005, 00:02   #2244
BHPian

How is sound barrier amplifiers????
Old 7th November 2005, 00:13   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can get a mono amp...so wht are good mono amps out there and ya if i get a mono amp...then wht abt present 504 i mean then wht abt the two channels of my 504 on which this sub is working right now??They will b of no use

mate, thers a thread regarding mono amps. pls search for it.

maybe u can power the frnt speakers too frm ur 504amp.
Old 7th November 2005, 00:17   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is sound barrier amplifiers????
mate PM navin, or sam or JB or gunbir abt it. its a new word for me.

Old 7th November 2005, 01:11   #2247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey ICE bros..
We have a Palio with a Pioneer cassette deck and a 6 X 9 rear speakers and regular front speakers.
All are Pioneer. I was wondering whether i could put 4" speakers in the back, safely w/o the use of an amp. or something.
4" because the org. space for the speakers is only 4" as the remaining space has been hogged up by the Pioneers.
I require good bass and treble. I generally listen to Radio or Heavy Metal songs and if the quality of the sound were to be better then the Pioneers, i wouldn't mind.
I also wouldn't mind replacing the Pioneer Speakers but i can't spend alot as it is my pocket money (All mods to anycar come frmo my pocket now).
How would the JBL GTO 426e be?

Oh and has anyone heard of MTX audio? I saw a couple of speakers, they cost 10K but the quality is damn good. Couldn't hear it though.
If you require good bass...better to go in for a subwoofer...adding another pair of speakers wont help you much...
Old 7th November 2005, 04:37   #2248
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
i would suggest u look around for pioneer 7100 monoblock amp..it should cost u around 7k and should run ur sub fine in parallel too..well u can use the 2 ch of ur 504 to connect ur fronts..

well i remember u mentioning somewhere that after sorting out the wiring the amp was getting too hot..just check if the DVC's are running in parallel,bcoz i have a feeling that they are..as the load is 2 ohms the 504 in no way will be able to take it up and thats why the overheating..before u blow ur amp better get the DVC's connected in series so that u give a load of 8 ohms to the 2 ch of the 504 until u buy a monoblock..
PS: JK is right lol,if u got the power kit for 650 from JBL then its fake..however JK if its the speaker cables that he is talking about then maybe it might be belden as all JBL shops stock belden wires these days..and the speaker cables are in that range..
Old 7th November 2005, 09:36   #2249
Team-BHP Support

upgrading an OEM car stereo

somebody, ok now here are the basics you should choose based on your budget.

1. Get good HU pref with 2 or 3 pre outs Budget 6K, Intermediate 7-12K, Nutty 14K+
2. Get good 4 channel amp Budget 4K (sony 504), Intermediate 5-7K, Nutty 8K+
3. Get good front component (no 4" components available so get best coax you can get) speakers (even if you have a chauffer). Budget 3K, Intermediate 4-6K, Nutty 8K+

for rear fill
Budget option: Get a pair fo 2 or 3 way 6x9 as they will add some low end. NO 4 or 5 way Budget 4K

On step up option: Get a pair of 6" coax and a sub in a box or tube. Add very good 2 channel amp. use very good 2 channel amp for front and use 4 channel amp (stated above) for rear. Budget 6" coax 3K, sub 6K, very good 2 channel amp 8K.

after this the sky is the limit, you can start with using the front compoents for the rear and gettting some really nice components for the front (option for valid for 4" front speakers) etc...

The idea is to use your best amp and best speakers upfront and let the rear get the left overs.

Last edited by navin : 7th November 2005 at 10:49.
Old 7th November 2005, 09:38   #2250
Team-BHP Support

BTW I have never heard of Sound Barrier amplifiers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks