Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:08   #4696
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It will be cosmetic.
Thanks Mustang. I guess it makes more sense for Ford. Any sort of engine update will result in price hike, and Ford’s portfolio being so crowded in the 5 to 10 lakhs segment, it will be hard to accommodate a pricey Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Just great mustang, So we were the Guinea pigs
I hope the next gen figo has everything sorted out and I mean specially the annoying rear rattling issue which has plagued every figo I have seen.
It’s kind of hard reality right. I don’t think we should call it next gen Figo. It’s still a new model for us, and next generation should be a few years away. Ford cars generally enjoy an extended run and with Figo’s classic hatch styling, that should be the case.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:23   #4697
Senior - BHPian

My Ash turned one today. report at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2415721

by the way, there have been no squeaks as yet after the Ford engineer's second visit to solve the problem!
Old 4th July 2011, 08:14   #4698
BHPian

Fellow Figo Owners -

Here is a nice article that I found on MotorBeam to put the Figo in a test mode and check out a few details, shall try it in the evening today !

How To Put Your Ford Figo In Test Mode | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

The content:

Getting various service information out of your Ford Figo is easy. Simply put it into test mode and you can view various information about the car including battery voltage, digital fuel volume, engine temperature, digital tachometer, digital speedometer, etc. You can put your Ford Figo in test/diagnostic mode by simply falling these steps – turn on the ignition to position one, Press tripmeter reset and with the tripmeter reset still pressed, turn on the ignition.

Guys, please keep all posted on the results, I shall post mine later during the night.

Happy Motoring !!

Last edited by Torquedo : 4th July 2011 at 08:15. Reason: changed the source from ACI to MotorBeam.
Old 4th July 2011, 09:50   #4699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow Figo Owners -

Here is a nice article that I found on MotorBeam to put the Figo in a test mode and check out a few details, shall try it in the evening today !

How To Put Your Ford Figo In Test Mode | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

The content:

Getting various service information out of your Ford Figo is easy. Simply put it into test mode and you can view various information about the car including battery voltage, digital fuel volume, engine temperature, digital tachometer, digital speedometer, etc. You can put your Ford Figo in test/diagnostic mode by simply falling these steps – turn on the ignition to position one, Press tripmeter reset and with the tripmeter reset still pressed, turn on the ignition.

Guys, please keep all posted on the results, I shall post mine later during the night.

Happy Motoring !!
I had found it on youtube a couple of months back. This thing works.
Some times difficult to engage in the test mode.
A tip to get into the mode easily.
When you turn the key for the first time, before odo reading shows press the reset button and keep it holding and then turn the key the second time. The system goes into test mode.

Other interesting things
  • The digital speedo helps us get the speedo error in analog speedo
  • The steady temperature at which the engine works is 84 degree Celsius.
  • Idle speed is 746-750rpm. (Cool)
  • After halting if I let the car idle for 20sec the idle speed reaches 750rpm and then I shut down the engine. I hear this is good for turbo engines. Although nothing is mentioned in the manual.
  • rpm v/s speed can be mapped based on the digital reading. Keeping the engine below the turbo zone (around 2000rpm and 90kmph) gives exceptional mileage
Over to you guys..
Old 4th July 2011, 10:11   #4700
BHPian

Team Figo: I have a dilema. On Saturday I was going with the wife and daughter to Spar for the monthly stock-piling. At the entrance, they gave me the parking card/token. As usual, I took it and flicked it onto the dashboard. However this time, it managed to slip inbetween the front windscreen and the dashboard and completely disappeared. I opened the engine bay, cant see anything, I removed my carpet in the front footwells and still cant see the card (for those who dont know the parking card is the size of a normal credit card and is made of plastic).
Upon exit, I paid 200 rs, which was their "fine" for losing the card.
Now my problem is this: I have not gone to any garage to find the card. I have been driving more than a 100 kms since sat/sun and this morning.
Questions: 1) Where could that piece plastic end up?
2) What is the approx cost of opening up the dash and fishing that card out?
3) What are the equipments/devices/parts that could be harmed by that foreign material in that part of the car?
4) What resides in that space between the footwell and the engine bay anyway?
5) Should I leave it as is? Would it cause any potential harm in long drives/in time?
Would really appreciate advise/thoughts on these doubts.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:50   #4701
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Questions: 1) Where could that piece plastic end up?
2) What is the approx cost of opening up the dash and fishing that card out?
3) What are the equipments/devices/parts that could be harmed by that foreign material in that part of the car?
4) What resides in that space between the footwell and the engine bay anyway?
5) Should I leave it as is? Would it cause any potential harm in long drives/in time?
Would really appreciate advise/thoughts on these doubts.
Leave it as it is. It will cause no harm. It will be located inside the dash and at the max. , the problem it can cause is that t can give you a slight rattle while turning etc.

So you need not worry, you are good to go.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:54   #4702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
As usual, I took it and flicked it onto the dashboard.
The FIGO has ample places for storage. The way the dash is designed in the FIGO leaves not much of a room for things to be thrown on the dash. I never do it as it affects the air circulation in defog mode and at times reflects on the glass if you are driving in the sun! We have to make better usage of the storage thats provided is my advise.
Old 4th July 2011, 11:58   #4703
BHPian

^^@gtonsing, my advice is just leave it as it is. Its not worth the effort to open the dash and fish it out for an object that potentially causes no harm other than may be a rattle.

Opening the dash could cost you more than 4k and the workmanship could remain suspect since mechanics can never match factory at the A.S.S.

AFAIK, between the footwell and engine bay, the area is carpetted at the passenger cabin side and fire retardent shield at the engine bay side.

I was keen on buying the Figo diesel, the biggest thing that put me off of it was the lack of bumper protection at both the ends and the potential high cost of repair due to small nudges in city traffic. Hope Ford fixes this issue by offering similar bumpers to the ones sold in Europe as previous generation Fiesta and slight improvement in quality of interior plastics along with fixing the rattles. The seat fabric is the best available in Indian hatchbacks, wish they retain it in the facelift.

Last edited by v.anand : 4th July 2011 at 12:08.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:06   #4704
BANNED

Quote:
As I said the change will be purely cosmetic and the issues being faced will be sorted. The prices after the facelift will not increase unless the govt. decides to raise taxes etc. on all cars of this segment and that seems unlikely so prices won't increase.
Oh man I was hoping for the engine to get more power atleast along with a cosmetic facelift. The current engine is slightly underpowered on the highway.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:15   #4705
BHPian

Quote:
Leave it as it is.------So you need not worry, you are good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
The FIGO has ample places for storage.----We have to make better usage of the storage thats provided is my advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
^^@gtonsing, my advice is just leave it as it is. Its not worth the effort to open the dash and fish it out for an object that potentially causes no harm other than may be a rattle.

Opening the dash could cost you more than 4k and the workmanship could remain suspect since mechanics can never match factory at the A.S.S.

AFAIK, between the footwell and engine bay, the area is carpetted at the passenger cabin side and fire retardent shield at the engine bay side.
Thank you guys. I will leave it as is. Much appreciate the quick response. Glad to know many Figo family members here.

I didnt know there was space there in the first place. The intention of flicking was to place it in that trapeziod shaped thing in the center. My aim that morning must have not been as accurate. In hindsight, I think ity might be a good idea to get one of those toll-pass holders or some such from the markets. While Figo has lots of spaces here and there, there is no real good place to keep pieces of paper.
The one place where I hide stuff from the ever curious hands and eyes of the daughter is the right hand-side pull away just below the light controls. Excellent!!!
Old 4th July 2011, 15:13   #4706
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Figo Owners -

uys, please keep all posted on the results, I shall post mine later during the night.

Happy Motoring !!
T-bhpian anilisanil found this and put up the youtube DIY. Here is the link to his ownership thread(page 1, post 9) - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/94219-sea-grey-figo-tdci-mid-term-ownership-report-13500-kms.html

Last edited by Deep Blue : 4th July 2011 at 15:16.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 17:11   #4707
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore Folks can you let me know which one of the Ford Figo is better dealer in Bangalore Metro/ Lathangi ? Are there any offers going on for diesel variants ?

Need to finalize by this week-end as family members are pushing me to go for it.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:39   #4708
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Figo Owners -

It is same Video our fellow Bhpian AnilIsAnil has Posted in his ownership thread long ago. I have seen many references of same on net. Congratulations Anil.
whitelion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 10:15   #4709
BHPian

Did a long trip (760 kms) and got a mileage of 14kmpl on my Figo petrol. The drive was with 4 people , 100% ac and speeds of 100-110 km. Looks to be a bit low. I expected at least 16kmpl.

The drive was great and didn't feel tired after driving 380 km . The cabin noise is quite high after 90 kmph compared to Ritz
Old 5th July 2011, 14:08   #4710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Bangalore Folks can you let me know which one of the Ford Figo is better dealer in Bangalore Metro/ Lathangi ? Are there any offers going on for diesel variants ?

Need to finalize by this week-end as family members are pushing me to go for it.
Lathangi is good. You can check out Cauvery ford as well - its near majestic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks