Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 09:16   #4606
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina
Guys

I tried tank full to tank full mathod - 525km since last tank full, and this time 37ltrs of fuel went in.

This gives FE slightly north of 14kmpl for my 1000km old Figo TDCi. The car does a lot of time in Hyderabad jams and runs in 1-2-3 gear over 50% of the time. I usually keep the AC blower on "1" and AC cooling on very low (but AC is on almost always).

Is this normal (and also is the method above correct)?
Keeping ac on lower blower speed and ac cooling on low has no effect on fuel efficiency in manual ac cars. However, if you switch off the ac compressor then the FE increases.
Old 21st June 2011, 10:56   #4607
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Keeping ac on lower blower speed and ac cooling on low has no effect on fuel efficiency in manual ac cars. However, if you switch off the ac compressor then the FE increases.

Thanks for the tip, I mentioned that (along with driving conditions) just to give context of what I'm doing.

So is 14kmpl normal for Figo under these driving conditions or am I doing something wrong?

this was for 500km-1000km band and no service has been done yet.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:44   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Gharika, Can you give me width of the connectors used on HU unit side for cable ?

What is file system format for 8GB pen drive ? is it Fat or NTFS. I read some where that Pen drives with NTFS file system cause some access problems for song files.
@whitelion, The whole connector is about 2 inch wide. You can get a picture of it from the Figo Music System manual. You won't get a similar connector from the market so what I have done is simply use brass tags for individual connectors. These are similar to what they use for connecting cable to speakers. There are two sizes for this connector, use the smaller version (about 2 mm).
Use FAT or FAT32 for File system, higher capacity drives need FAT32 otherwise you can do with FAT.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:01   #4609
BHPian

Please refer trrk's post where it is mentioned as follows.

Gear Ratios Fiesta diesel TDCi :

Gear.
Ratio / kph per 1000 RPM
1. 3.58 / 7.79
2. 1.93 / 14.45
3. 1.28 / 21.79
4. 0.95 / 29.36
5. 0.76 / 36.70
Final Drive Ratio : 3.82

I would like to know about Gear Ratio (first figure e.g. 3.58) what it means and how it is to be interpreted.

Second figure, what I have understood is if RPM is 1000 then speed will be 7.79 KMPH when first gear is used. The speed varies linearly with rpm as Speed = (7.79 x rpm)/1000, for first gear. Similar equations for other gears.

Third is Final Drive Ratio, What it is and how to interpret it ? Can somebody help me in this regard ?.

Is there any such data available for Figo ? or Figo shares same gear box as that of Fiesta ?

At which rpm Turbo kicks in for Figo ?

Recently I read a post about low power in 2nd gear, the solution suggested was to keep rpm in turbo range. Similarly for better FE it was suggested to be in proper gear at respective speeds and keep engine in Turbo range. Best FE figures have been achieved by keeping rpm in 1800 to 2200 range.

I am shifting from Petrol to Diesel engines after very long time (almost 20+ years), so I would like to update my knowledge about driving with new generations of Diesel Engines. If there are any specific tips regarding this switch over, please do contribute.
Old 21st June 2011, 12:16   #4610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
@whitelion, The whole connector is about 2 inch wide. You can get a picture of it from the Figo Music System manual. You won't get a similar connector from the market so what I have done is simply use brass tags for individual connectors. These are similar to what they use for connecting cable to speakers. There are two sizes for this connector, use the smaller version (about 2 mm).
Use FAT or FAT32 for File system, higher capacity drives need FAT32 otherwise you can do with FAT.
Thanks Gharika, I was interested in those 2 mm brass connectors, you have supplied one hint, "connecting cable to speakers", I will use this to tell the vendor. He actually showed me many connector sizes and confused me.

I have booked figo but not yet delivered, I plan to keep USB cable and pen drive ready before delivery and Use them during my own PDI to test USB connectivity. I am taking this precaution since few owners have posted about USB functionality problem and replacement of HU for That.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:13   #4611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Thanks for the tip, I mentioned that (along with driving conditions) just to give context of what I'm doing.

So is 14kmpl normal for Figo under these driving conditions or am I doing something wrong?

this was for 500km-1000km band and no service has been done yet.
Yes, In traffic jams and with AC on, the Figo gives around 15 kmpl so i do not think there is anything wrong with the car or your driving. Remember the lighter you brake the lesser fuel you consume so maintain distance and do not suddenly accelerate and brake.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:34   #4612
BHPian

Quote:
Please refer trrk's post where it is mentioned as follows.

Gear Ratios Fiesta diesel TDCi :

Gear.
Ratio / kph per 1000 RPM
1. 3.58 / 7.79
2. 1.93 / 14.45
3. 1.28 / 21.79
4. 0.95 / 29.36
5. 0.76 / 36.70
Final Drive Ratio : 3.82

I would like to know about Gear Ratio (first figure e.g. 3.58) what it means and how it is to be interpreted.

Second figure, what I have understood is if RPM is 1000 then speed will be 7.79 KMPH when first gear is used. The speed varies linearly with rpm as Speed = (7.79 x rpm)/1000, for first gear. Similar equations for other gears.

Third is Final Drive Ratio, What it is and how to interpret it ? Can somebody help me in this regard ?.

Is there any such data available for Figo ? or Figo shares same gear box as that of Fiesta ?

At which rpm Turbo kicks in for Figo ?

Recently I read a post about low power in 2nd gear, the solution suggested was to keep rpm in turbo range. Similarly for better FE it was suggested to be in proper gear at respective speeds and keep engine in Turbo range. Best FE figures have been achieved by keeping rpm in 1800 to 2200 range.

I am shifting from Petrol to Diesel engines after very long time (almost 20+ years), so I would like to update my knowledge about driving with new generations of Diesel Engines. If there are any specific tips regarding this switch over, please do contribute.
Gear Ratio is the reduction in RPM from engine to the drive shaft. So in first gear 1000 RPM at engine will translate to 279 RPM of the drive shaft.
This is further reduced at the differential, determined by the final Drive Ratio. So at 1000 engine RPM, the tyres will be rotating at (1000/ (3.58 x 3.82)) = 73 RPM

The data for FIGO should be there in the Manual. The Turbo kicks in at below 1900 RPM. The kick is generally defined as the RPM at which the turbo is able to produce a significant portion of the pressure boost.
Its generally expected that a vehicle mileage is best at the RPM where it has the maximum torgue. For Turbo Diesels, this is a wide band unlike normally spirited petrol's specific RPM. So for Figo, it helps to stay close to 2200 RPM.

Since a Turbo engine relies on the Turbo boost of inlet pressure, the compression achieved at lower RPM is not optimal leading to significant difference in power available.

Please correct if anybody finds a mistake here
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 13:38   #4613
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gharika, I was interested in those 2 mm brass connectors, you have supplied one hint, "connecting cable to speakers", I will use this to tell the vendor. He actually showed me many connector sizes and confused me.

I have booked figo but not yet delivered, I plan to keep USB cable and pen drive ready before delivery and Use them during my own PDI to test USB connectivity. I am taking this precaution since few owners have posted about USB functionality problem and replacement of HU for That.
They may not allow you to connect your own cable during the PDI since it requires taking out the stereo to fit the cable at the back. You can request them to provide a cable from the accessories to test it.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:00   #4614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
They may not allow you to connect your own cable during the PDI since it requires taking out the stereo to fit the cable at the back. You can request them to provide a cable from the accessories to test it.
@ gharika : Thanks for the tip.

I will keep cable and pen drive ready and request ASSC person for cable from Accessory. If its not available then will check possibility of using my own cable as fall back action. I plan to carry a CD also with me to test the CD functions.

This is advantage of TBHP, you become a tough customer and can not be taken granted for.
Old 22nd June 2011, 00:10   #4615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
It is part of the TSB and the dealership has to do it for free if the customer reports it. Now I got it done for free.
where did you get that done? At the SC near the highway or the one away from from the highway at Cochin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
part number: BS691370HA
part name: PAD SIDE COVER
COST: Rs. 3.1 per piece
Attaching a few pictures for more clarity on the fix.
Man, you did a great job there. Good show. Would be very helpful for many in future who have been nagged with this issue. And the pictorial description just added a cherry. Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:34   #4616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
where did you get that done? At the SC near the highway or the one away from from the highway at Cochin?
I get most, if not all of my service done in the service station little off from the highway (in the Tripunithura - alinchuvadu road road).
Kairali ford service center itself but better than the one on the highway. Since vehicles are lesser here you get personalized attention.
I will PM you the details of the person you could meet. Just tell them that you have this issue of window rolling down. they will take care of the rest.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:08   #4617
BHPian

Hello folks, I need some advice here. Please help.

I have just booked Ford Figo 1.4L Titanium for my dad. He is 5' 10" has been using a Santro for last 6 years and likes the relatively straight sitting position of the car with still space left above the head. We sold this santro and he is driving my sister's alto for last one week till we get the delivery of the figo. After using alto he asked me how's the driving position of Figo wrt to sitting position and straight posture of someone who is 5' 10". This made me thinking and I checked the height specs of these cars. Santro is 1590mm, Alto is 1460mm and Figo is 1427mm. So on paper, height of Figo is even less than alto.

I have test driven Figo and did not find this as an issue. I am 5' 9". I have also asked my dad to take a test drive and feel it for himself.

I the meantime, I wanted to request opinions of fellow Figo owners on this. Also, please consider that Titanium variant has driver seat height adjustment. How good is range of adjustment?

Other than this, Figo diesel seems to be a perfect fit to his requirements and budget. Many thanks in advance for replies.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:45   #4618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Hello folks, I need some advice here. Please help.

I have just booked Ford Figo 1.4L Titanium for my dad. He is 5' 10" has been using a Santro for last 6 years and likes the relatively straight sitting position of the car with still space left above the head. We sold this santro and he is driving my sister's alto for last one week till we get the delivery of the figo. After using alto he asked me how's the driving position of Figo wrt to sitting position and straight posture of someone who is 5' 10". This made me thinking and I checked the height specs of these cars. Santro is 1590mm, Alto is 1460mm and Figo is 1427mm. So on paper, height of Figo is even less than alto.

I have test driven Figo and did not find this as an issue. I am 5' 9". I have also asked my dad to take a test drive and feel it for himself.

I the meantime, I wanted to request opinions of fellow Figo owners on this. Also, please consider that Titanium variant has driver seat height adjustment. How good is range of adjustment?

Other than this, Figo diesel seems to be a perfect fit to his requirements and budget. Many thanks in advance for replies.
Hey Amit,

I am 5 feet 11 inches tall and i don't have any issues with the sitting position and posture. As you might have noticed in the TD, the Figo has a lower Sitting position than other cars and as such the height difference is mitigated.
achilles101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:38   #4619
Senior - BHPian

@amit1234singla: I have a Figo Titanium and I am 6'1" tall. I have found it very comfortable even on a non-stop 5 hour drive.
The height adjustment works - kind of! It tilts the seat base, which makes your back-side go down. Works for me.
Personally, I prefer the low-down seating position, it suits my body. I have used a Santro and a Ritz in city traffic but I find tall-boy cars uncomfortable.

Suggest you ask your father to test drive a Figo over 8-10km of B2B city traffic, and take his opinion.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:38   #4620
BHPian

I had an issue with the gear shift. It was too hard for the 1st and 2nd gears. So i had taken it to the showroom - Cauvery Ford and they did some torque and cable adjustment and it was back to normal.

But the steering has become lighter after this. Now i can move around the steering at low speeds till 40 kmph upto 30 degrees from the central position without the car moving left or right.

Check the picture below: The arrows indicate what's happening

Name:  Steering.bmp
Views: 2191
Size:  123.0 KB

Is this normal behaviour? If not what is to be done?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks