Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:13   #3796
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Can you control the lighting level of the red dash light especially the light inside the speedo metre?
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:20   #3797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
Can you control the lighting level of the red dash light especially the light inside the speedo metre?
No, that is not possible.
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:03   #3798
BHPian

How do we confirm the extended warranty and RSA is enabled for your VIN number?
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:11   #3799
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Wanted to know - Is there a possibility to get rear windows be made power windows on the Figo? I am really interested in this car, but am holding myself for this one feature which is missing from the car. It is extremely important for me to have all 4 power windows.

Thanks
Old 2nd February 2011, 18:47   #3800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post

By checking it in the ford service center, probably. May be you can even call the ford care for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Hi Guys,

Wanted to know - Is there a possibility to get rear windows be made power windows on the Figo? I am really interested in this car, but am holding myself for this one feature which is missing from the car. It is extremely important for me to have all 4 power windows.

Thanks
Not as a genuine accessory. As of now even the after market suff does not support, so you should have to wait for sometime.
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:44   #3801
BHPian

Anybody knows how to take out the stereo? I have made myself the "1100 buck" cable for 40 rupees and now want to put it in place. Helllppppp.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:59   #3802
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely SankalpDesai. It will be a bit of a costly affair though. Would set you back by around 14K to get power windows for the rear as well. When at one point of time, when i was considering the Figo, i got some options for the rear windows. Check places like reliance autozone, but first with the dealer themselves.

I a sure the dealer should also have the option. They generally do, i know Chevy, Hyudnai, MAS has it, but dont know about Ford
Old 2nd February 2011, 23:34   #3803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Anybody knows how to take out the stereo? I have made myself the "1100 buck" cable for 40 rupees and now want to put it in place. Helllppppp.
requires a special tool which generally is available only with ford service!!
Old 3rd February 2011, 01:36   #3804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
You can check with your dealer.
There will be a person dealing with all the warranty related stuff. He can login to the ford website and check. You can get a print for your reference, which is what I did.
Old 3rd February 2011, 08:37   #3805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
requires a special tool which generally is available only with ford service!!
The tool may be available at a local automobile parts store. Or else you could order one from ebay ( eBay India: FORD Car Stereo Pair Release Removal Tools Keys NEW (item 360272859231 end time 11-Feb-2011 01:28:50 IST) )

Alternately you could even make one yourself. I made one using a metal coat hanger. Use a steel wire cutter to cut 2 straight pieces each approximately 6 to 7 inches long, and bend them into a smooth U shape using a plier, in such a way that the two ends of the U can go into the 2 holes that you see on either side of the front plate of the stereo.

To remove the stereo, push the two U shaped tools in into the holes on either side firmly till you hear a faint click. (It needs to go in about 1 to 2 inches). Now put your fingers into the rounded portion of the U and pull on them towards the sides (i.e away from each other), and gently pull the stereo towards you at the same time. The sideways pull causes two spring loaded locks on the sides of the stereo to move inside, so the unit should now slide out pretty easily.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:54   #3806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
The tool may be available at a local automobile parts store. Or else you could order one from ebay ( eBay India: FORD Car Stereo Pair Release Removal Tools Keys NEW (item 360272859231 end time 11-Feb-2011 01:28:50 IST) )

Alternately you could even make one yourself. I made one using a metal coat hanger. Use a steel wire cutter to cut 2 straight pieces each approximately 6 to 7 inches long, and bend them into a smooth U shape using a plier, in such a way that the two ends of the U can go into the 2 holes that you see on either side of the front plate of the stereo.

To remove the stereo, push the two U shaped tools in into the holes on either side firmly till you hear a faint click. (It needs to go in about 1 to 2 inches). Now put your fingers into the rounded portion of the U and pull on them towards the sides (i.e away from each other), and gently pull the stereo towards you at the same time. The sideways pull causes two spring loaded locks on the sides of the stereo to move inside, so the unit should now slide out pretty easily.
Thanks kala for that, but the risk is that the locks may get stuck at awkward positions making it impossible for the stereo to come out, then the only way out is opening the dash!!
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:51   #3807
Senior - BHPian

by the way filled it up yesterday, tankful took 38 liters for 714 KMs run. So the mileage is 18.8 kmpl!!!

Of 714 Kms around 120 Kms are highway around 80 kms are ghats and the rest is usual city driving. A/c was used sparingly, tire pressure was 33 all around. Filled it up at HP auto lines (the most famous one in Pune :P)

This is the first tankful post the second service.
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:12   #3808

Four days back I booked a Ford Figo Titanium Diesel, at the time of booking they informed it will take three weeks to get the car, today they called me and said I should get the car by this Satudary. Very happy with this news.

I also wanted to find out if there was any way on disabling the airbags on the passenger side. The sale guy at Metro Ford told me that the airbag will not function when the seat belt is not used. Is that the only way it will remain disabled.

Also is it recommend to a USB port added to the music system at their end or can I do it out side. I feel I can get it at a cheaper cost outside. Will this also effect my warranty.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:12   #3809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherintjacob View Post
Four days back I booked a Ford Figo Titanium Diesel, at the time of booking they informed it will take three weeks to get the car, today they called me and said I should get the car by this Satudary. Very happy with this news.
congratulations!!

Quote:
I also wanted to find out if there was any way on disabling the airbags on the passenger side. The sale guy at Metro Ford told me that the airbag will not function when the seat belt is not used. Is that the only way it will remain disabled.
There is no such mechanism(disabling the AB), please drive with your seat belts starpped always.

Quote:
Also is it recommend to a USB port added to the music system at their end or can I do it out side. I feel I can get it at a cheaper cost outside. Will this also effect my warranty.
Ford's USB cable is a bit expensive from funtionality point of view. You can get your USB enabled outside but that wouldvoid the warranty of music system only (of course :P)
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:24   #3810
BHPian

I have a strange problem with my USB pen-drive. It's a 1 GB cheap pen-drive bought in US, and my figo's music system doesn't recognize beyond 19 folders on the pen-drive, though there are around 30 folders in the pen-drive. I borrowed a 2 GB pen-drive from one of my colleagues and it worked perfectly fine with this one, recognized all 40+ folders. So, I guess the cheap pen-drive I have is bad.

So, I will have to buy a new pen-drive now.

What is the max capacity of pen-drive (USB input) that can be used with Figo's music system? I am planning to buy an 8 GB one. Is anyone using 8 GB pen-drive? Are there any issues with that? And what brand do you guys suggest? I guess Transcend, Kingston or Sandisk should be OK?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks