Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:54   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
but the big concern is the vibration. I have tried the modular install on my Ikon & Sumo. But still had vibrations.
Parvath

Try mounting them so they're dangling downwards, not sitting up (i.e., mount on top, light below). This helps with most vehicles - I had a set of large lights on my Defender, had the same problem and my mech rectified it by mounting them upside down.
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:02   #1307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
So which bulb/where is the high beam?
The projector is the low beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Try mounting them so they're dangling downwards, not sitting up (i.e., mount on top, light below).
Thanks, Steer ! Will keep this in mind when I do it on the Storme. (Both of them had the lamps mounted from below. In the Sumo, I had tried to mount using the holes in the crash guard. In the Ikon, I had designed the bracket using the conventional approach. The Sumo's gone, and the Ikon is up for sale).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:03   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
Mine are stock tyres and stock alloys. I am quite happy with them. My vehicle is a May 2013 manufactured one as per the VIN number. I too have the same issue on the clutch with a very slight tak noise when depressed. I am guessing it is a hard spring and nothing else.

I will go for a wheel balancing later this week. Probably at Madhu's in Langford town
I went to Madhu's today...completed the wheel balancing and Alignment. Would recommend them
The alignment was all &!@# up by KHT. Its fine now but the steering is slightly towards the right in a straight line on leveled road, hope its not in my head.
Am planning to give my vehicle for the first service to Prerna motors, any feedback would be helpful. Servicing Fords and Marutis was so easy.
The KHT service center seems like a taxi stand . Am not happy with the service I have recieved from them, one of the jack arms was placed on the fuel tank while lifting it and the mechanic did not even notice it till it was 2 ft above
Supposedly the new EX and LX versions are not coming with the cargo nets, had to speak to the local TML sales manager to get it arranged.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd July 2013 at 22:02. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:24   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The projector is the low beam.
Thanks. I checked last night. The projector is the low beam and the halogen bulb in the reflector is the hi beam. So do you think it would be a better investment bang for buck wise to put in an HID kit in place of the low beam bulbs in the projectors OR put in the Hellas as auxillary driving lights. I have been quoted some 8K for a Philips HID kit, and from what I hear the 700FF Hellas would be some 6.5K + mounting.

Quote:
Thanks, Steer ! Will keep this in mind when I do it on the Storme. (Both of them had the lamps mounted from below. In the Sumo, I had tried to mount using the holes in the crash guard. In the Ikon, I had designed the bracket using the conventional approach. The Sumo's gone, and the Ikon is up for sale).
When do you plan to do it on the Storme? Maybe I can wait and do it then as well.
Old 24th July 2013, 16:56   #1310
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ebonho, no immediate plans. But when I do it, I will follow the points mentioned by @Steeroid.

Regarding your high-beams, I will suggest to retain the HB in stock condition. If, after trying the LB + HB option, if you still want to upgrade, then you could opt for Hella's.
Some of the reasons that I prefer not to touch stock lamps is -
1. warranty
2. If anything goes wrong in the upgrade, the whole lamp will need to be changed. The cost could be between 5k-10k for the pair (remember they are projectors + dual lamp)., etc.
Old 26th July 2013, 11:48   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Guys
pls find attached the silver and gold amc details that i have received. looks like there are multiple year/km options. sorry but i dont know how to post this as an image. request one of you to download the file and post it as a image

thanks !
Attached Files
File Type: doc SILVER.doc (51.0 KB, 443 views)
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 11:53   #1312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
pls find attached the silver and gold amc details that i have received. looks like there are multiple year/km options. sorry but i dont know how to post this as an image. request one of you to download the file and post it as a image

thanks !
Here you go!! I made it a jpeg
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-silver.jpg
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 23:43   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys

thanks !
What about Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-gold4.jpg
If you are planning to keep for 4 years or more, you should get 4 year plan, as the maintenance is very less during the initial years. Also the difference between 40,000 km and 50,000 km is steep. So if you dont really need 50,000 km in 4 years, this will be a better option in my opinion.
Old 27th July 2013, 12:13   #1314
BANNED

Quote:

Regarding your high-beams, I will suggest to retain the HB in stock condition. If, after trying the LB + HB option, if you still want to upgrade, then you could opt for Hella's.
Some of the reasons that I prefer not to touch stock lamps is -
1. warranty
2. If anything goes wrong in the upgrade, the whole lamp will need to be changed. The cost could be between 5k-10k for the pair (remember they are projectors + dual lamp)., etc.
I had the same doubts about warranty. What I have done with my ARIA (similar setup as the Storme) is upgrading the bulbs from the stock Halogens to better Halogens. My High beams are presently GE Night Hawk Platinum H7 55/65W ones, with same current consumption, but far better lighting capability. You could use similar bulbs in the projectors (low beam - has the same H7 halogen bulbs).

http://shop.cardekho.com/head-lights...55w~13904.html

It is a cheaper option (Rs 1600/-) and gives better performance.
Old 27th July 2013, 12:52   #1315
Distinguished - BHPian

Changing bulbs (to same rating at stock) cannot void wty. It is when the set-up is changed, that people can start objecting.

For those who want to change the bulbs, try to test the output of the new bulb in your cars before you buy it (see if you can borrow from a friend). There is a chance that you may not like the output of the new bulbs.
Old 27th July 2013, 13:23   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Guys

thanks !
I paid close to 19.5K for gold package 3 years and 30K Kms dde28. Have they reduced the costs? If yes, this is cheating!!

Also I am getting my head lamps changed under warranty (both of them) due to the haze they developed in front of the projector beams! I guess the plastic is unable to take the heat and has started to crack (literally). I am unable to reproduce the haze in photos but its quite visible. Have been told the process takes around 4 hours

Last edited by storme'd : 27th July 2013 at 13:29.
storme'd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 14:46   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
I paid close to 19.5K for gold package 3 years and 30K Kms dde28. Have they reduced the costs? If yes, this is cheating!!

Also I am getting my head lamps changed under warranty (both of them) due to the haze they developed in front of the projector beams! I guess the plastic is unable to take the heat and has started to crack (literally). I am unable to reproduce the haze in photos but its quite visible. Have been told the process takes around 4 hours
The plastic is actually cracking? Wow!
Old 27th July 2013, 19:24   #1318
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
I guess the plastic is unable to take the heat and has started to crack (literally).
Can you try to take photos and post them here, especially of the cracks that you say they have developed? Also, what make are the headlamps? It would be great if you could ask someone at the ASC if they have seen such instances on other vehicles as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The plastic is actually cracking? Wow!
Exactly my doubt too, headlamps do not usually crack these days.
Old 27th July 2013, 19:33   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Can you try to take photos and post them here, especially of the cracks that you say they have developed? Also, what make are the headlamps? It would be great if you could ask someone at the ASC if they have seen such instances on other vehicles as well.

Exactly my doubt too, headlamps do not usually crack these days.
Unable to take photos as mentioned. The effect is not being reproduced in pics at all. However it is very clear when the lights are on. I did ask the folks at ASC if they had witnessed this earlier, to which they said no. I will try again tonight if I can get clear pis and post them.
Old 28th July 2013, 20:49   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody confirm if supplied Audio system with Storme support bluetooth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks