Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:24   #796
BANNED

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
I have done 1500 kms. Had gone to mangalore which is 250kms away. It was really good at highways. Overtaking was easy and power was allways on tap.

Driving din't tire me, even though i dint have height adjust. Few times when i got strained in the same position, i tilted the steering down and seats reclined.

Suspension is very good with good handling. Its comfortable on patches and broken roads. Ride was not bumpy too.

I want to mention few things that im having a problem with.
It was raining for last few days here. Left side floor, front and back is fully soaked up in water. Had dried it once and again after a long journey its wet again. Is it something related with the door beeding.? How come only one side.?

Then on the right side front floor, below the clutch and brakes, ac water keeps dripping. Im sure its only on the right side, and left side water is not ac water. The water dripping is few drops when compared to left side which was almost a litre.

From two days some foul smell started to come from ac vents. From yesterday its become much more with some sort of chemical smell.

I will take the car to showroom today. Hope nothing serious.
HI,

Dunno if its a right analysis, but this problem of water seepage in the driver's leg well existed in my 118 NE - had it tracked down to a hole (rust) in the body panels between the tri-joint of the right fender, bonnet and the channel below the windshield. May be worth a try to locate some such spot there ? (Water actually accumulates there below) and keeps dripping / soaking in thereafter.

Well, the doors on the left leaking are probably due to the absence of rubber beadings ! I have noticed water leak into the spare wheel well of my Indica when it was under a roof outlet pipe that was gushing out water after a heavy downpour - I have NEVER faced this leakage later - the water can leak if pushed in with force, is what i could guess. (The Indica has been at Hasimara in N Bengal rains, for three years, where the avg annual rainfall is 4530 mm !!) I guess its the missing beadings and a poor fit of the doors that open a water passage while in motion - air pressure driving the water in.

The symptoms of leakage may assist you further in diagnosis.

Sandy
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:56   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I called up Renault Chowringhee, Kolkata to inquire about the Duster and the dealer told that the 85PS RXL (O) has been discontinued or having some production issues. Is it true? The Renault website does not mentions anything as such.
I don't think so, If they would have done this, they would surely have made an official statement. Try inquiring it from different dealer and cross check it

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:57   #798
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I called up Renault Chowringhee, Kolkata to inquire about the Duster and the dealer told that the 85PS RXL (O) has been discontinued or having some production issues. Is it true? The Renault website does not mentions anything as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I don't think so, If they would have done this, they would surely have made an official statement. Try inquiring it from different dealer and cross check it
I had sent a mail to Renault India regarding the same and moments ago received a call from the Customer Care stating that the 85 PS RXL (O) is very much in production. It was pretty quick and a good gesture on part of Renault India to ask my personal details and call me up to provide me the true facts.

Last edited by //M : 2nd September 2012 at 18:58.
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:28   #799
BHPian

I don't face the ac leakage problem anymore. Floor seems totaly dry all around. First time they repaired the drain under the car and after that on the second time, they removed the dash and fixed it. I really got upset when the trouble shooted on 5 days old vehicle.

I had promised to upload more pictures of my seats, since i had problem uploading them last time.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_230833.png
Views: 7544
Size:  384.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_231430.png
Views: 7320
Size:  195.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_231511.png
Views: 7728
Size:  399.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_231635.png
Views: 7357
Size:  277.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_231702.png
Views: 7276
Size:  385.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_231740.png
Views: 7255
Size:  420.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_231759.png
Views: 7051
Size:  468.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_232216.png
Views: 6954
Size:  422.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_232537.png
Views: 6820
Size:  282.0 KB
Attached Images

DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 18:34   #800
Senior - BHPian

Looks sexy with the Karlsson upholstery! Can't go wrong with black... and it goes well with the aluminum type door handles (prefer this to the wooden/piano black finishes).
By the way, is this leather or art leather, and if you don't mind, how much did doing up the interiors cost you?
Old 3rd September 2012, 22:26   #801
BHPian

I have got a serious issue guys. I got delivery of my car on the 19th of August after full payment of the vehicle. According to the regulations the dealer had to apply for my car registration and pay the road tax immediately which they did not. After my asking them 3/4 times they said that they are getting the needfull done. Now on 28th or 29th night around 10 pm I get a call from the dealer end saying that kindly choose a no. Of my choice as they are punching all files in the system for registration and getting the online payment done. This they were doing because the road tax in our state was increasing the next day. So I went ahea and selected a no. Which they said was uploaded and the payment made. Now after 2/3 days also they are saying that the files are held up and not as yet accepted due to some reason. Now that the road tax is increased I am fearing the worse.
Please if Someone from Renault is following this thread or if Mods have an access to their mail id's, then kindly escalate this matter and get my issue resolved. The dealer callousness is again showing its worst side and if this persists then God save Renault.
Nitin.
Old 4th September 2012, 00:58   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
...I had promised to upload more pictures of my seats, since i had problem uploading them last time.
I like the black with red stitches. But somehow I feel that the stitching / fit of the leather is NOT tight! Feel it's been used for long [with some creases]. I might be wrong with the usage of words, hope you understand what I tried to convey. Also I feel that it would have been a lot more catchy to use a twin tone like the stock fabric seats. I loved that beige/cream + blue combo much!

Edit::
Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
...I got delivery of my car on the 19th of August after full payment of the vehicle.....Now on 28th or 29th night around 10 pm I get a call from the dealer end saying that kindly choose a no. ....Now after 2/3 days also they are saying that the files are held up and not as yet accepted due to some reason. Now that the road tax is increased I am fearing the worse.
Looks like they have taken it too easy with registration. Kind of strange that they took more than 10 days for doing the process. Am not sure, but make sure you put your foot down and ask them to bear the extra cost themselves. Unless you get hold of some favourable senior fellas from Renault management or some good advocate, don't think the sales team will budge. Again since this is a mistake solely with the dealership & not necessarily with the product itself, not sure the company will bother to involve.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th September 2012 at 01:04. Reason: Added the "Edit" portion
Old 4th September 2012, 23:27   #803
BHPian

Hi

Took Delivery of my Gentle Beast Yesterday evening. Will upload some pics over the coming weekend. Yes it is indeed RXL 110 with option pack . It comes with alloys, Airbags, reverse sensors.

dealership experience was very very pathetic. Have driven it both in city and bit of highway and as expected turbo lag troubles in low RPM range but once it starts cruising , drive is awesome. Plastics hopefully should last ,but hand brake lever feels so clumsy.

As earlier stated on this thread , ride quality is amazing. The potholes, road bumps do not bother as much now , got to test Wipers in rain today , they did their Job just ok. Best part I like as of now is the view from front windshield.

Will try to put an ownership thread soon, hopefully!

Cheers
Nitinz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 00:04   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz
Hi

Took Delivery of my Gentle Beast Yesterday evening. Will upload some pics over the coming weekend. Yes it is indeed RXL 110 with option pack . It comes with alloys, Airbags, reverse sensors.

dealership experience was very very pathetic. Have driven it both in city and bit of highway and as expected turbo lag troubles in low RPM range but once it starts cruising , drive is awesome. Plastics hopefully should last ,but hand brake lever feels so clumsy.

As earlier stated on this thread , ride quality is amazing. The potholes, road bumps do not bother as much now , got to test Wipers in rain today , they did their Job just ok. Best part I like as of now is the view from front windshield.

Cheers
Congrats Nitin!,

R
Hope you have a great time with the car. Will look forward to the pics and your ownership report.

Can you confirm if this variant has better NVH insulation as well as the sixth gear as compared to the 85 BHP counterpart?

Regards,
Abhi
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 14:34   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post
Hi

Cheers
Congrats on your new car. Enjoy the gentle beast.

BTW, Renault web site still does not show 110 RXL(O). Looks like it is available only in Delhi.
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 16:59   #806
BHPian

Have cancelled my booking of the Duster.

I had pre-booked in May, but confirmed the 85PS(O) vehicle after TDing it in July. Was told that due to the delay in confirming the variant, I was pushed down on the waiting list. Effectively, pre-booking meant nothing.

Was hoping to get delivery by mid Sept in time for my wife's birthday. However, neither the dealership in Bombay, Next-Gen Sales Rep Siddharth Jain nor Renault's Mumbai Area Manager Himani Jain have been able to explain the delay, nor give any assurances of how soon they could allot me a car.

There is a small 'open pool' of cars that the dealer has full discretion to allot. I had asked for the brown colour, but later okayed silver or white colours thinking those will be easier to get. The 110 RxL(O) variant does exist, I said I would accept that variant as well. (I didn't want the rear A/c vent) Since not too many people know about it, I figured there can't be too many bookings for that variant.

Was told that even this expanded set of variants/colours weren't available in the open pool or allotments. Renault Area Manager said she cant influence the dealerships decisions about the open pool, and couldn't confirm if any unit of these variants were allotted to the dealer.

Renault's online customer service also sucked. Here is the verbatim reply I got after I wrote to them online. There is no call back number, no complaint number, and just look at the English used:

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing in Renault India Customer Care.

We regret for inconvenience caused

We acknowledge your concern & contains of the same.

Request you to kindly write back to us with your contact details which can support us on having the same checked at the earliest.

Best Regards,
Renault India Customer Care"

I wrote to them thrice, and this is the only response I got, the other two times, there was no reply. My reply to this email also didn't ellicit a response.

I was told last week a new batch of allotments was made end of August, and there was a possibility that my booking would figure in those. Despite sending reminder emails and making phone calls to the Area Manager, Mumbai, I still haven't even received a reply in the negative. It is as though they don't really care. Maybe they are busy with the Scala, or dizzy with the success of the Duster.

The experience has killed all the excitement of getting a new car so decided to cancel.
srgntpepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 19:28   #807
BHPian

Srgntpepper - that's sad to hear, and unforgivable for a company getting kudos on the August sales figures thread for becoming a serious competitor with their vastly improved numbers thanks to the Duster.

Clearly they are taking customers for granted. Difficult to see how they maintain those numbers with this kind of service levels. I have hardly seen any dusters on the road which means the launch planning was not really done well, with folks now waiting months.

In the context of slowdown in the auto market one would think Renault would be doubly happy and go out of their way to ensure happy customers. Indifference is galling, I don't see how you can succeed like this.
Old 5th September 2012, 20:40   #808
BANNED

Hi all am putting my DUster pics. looking for good speakers and player.please give me some suggestions .looking for speakers around Rs 8000 and player for Rs 6000.please give me some inputs.

any other things to upgrade for the car?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc07355.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc07366.jpg  

palo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 23:49   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya

Congrats Nitin!,

R
Hope you have a great time with the car. Will look forward to the pics and your ownership report.

Can you confirm if this variant has better NVH insulation as well as the sixth gear as compared to the 85 BHP counterpart?

Regards,
Abhi
Hi thanks ! Yes I am having a great time with My gentle beast .

NVH is almost comparable to a petrol car. Yes since it is 110 RXL it has 6 gears. I am glad to drive something different after Years of sedate but competent Sedans

The bluetooth connectivity for phone is also a nice feature. It connected my ipod instantly. Sound quality from speakers is very mediocre.

Will put up an ownership thread over the weekend.

CHEERS
Nitinz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 09:53   #810
BHPian

I checked with two dealeships down here in tamilnadu and found that the booking for RXE , RXL(O) & RXZ(O) has been temporarily stopped by Renault. Does this means they could not cope up with the number of bookings made on these models or to its a trick to sell other models !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks