Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:14   #2296
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
4.3 kmpl is too low, hope the MID was not set at the instantaneous FE display or was it set at Average FE?

Any idea what was the odometer reading for the test car?

Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Its most likely a case where the average FE would have been reset and the car driven less than 20 kms after that. Whenever I refill a full tank, I reset the Trip for my reference and as well reset the Average FE as well. You drive normal style for hardly 10 kms and the average will be shown on the lower side as the ECU will give a near perfect reading only after it is able to measure from a good sample of your driving.
Was showing average km/l. I asked the Sales Rep why so. He just said it was because the car is a test vehicle. Like Parag says, it might have been reset very recently.
Old 3rd July 2014, 10:22   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Second observation was the mileage on the MID of the test car. It showed a poor 4.3km/l. Would it go down that low, even for a test car?
The battery would have been disconnected prior to the test drive for a service or for some other reason. If you had kept on driving the car for some 200 to 300KMs the AVG shown would have slowly increased. Once the battery is disconnected it takes a long time to calculate the actual AVG FE figures.
Old 4th July 2014, 16:44   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Complained. Hell broke loose in RNS. Driver came home, took the vehicle, changed the axle beam, Gave a complete wash, gave a 3M exterior polish, a Mysheldon. All complimentary. Overall, a satisfactory service.

Regarding the axle beam replacement, SA said its for the batch before certain chassis number. Please refer below chassis number :

Attachment 1254568

Servicing a maruti is anyday cheaper. 30k service actually costs 4000 Rs
I own a OCT 2013 manufactured Swift VDI.

I too have been observing this 'TECK' sound coming from the right rear side for a couple of months now. This comes up only when in articulation or being reversed relatively fast with the steering being turned.

I initially thought the silencer must have come loose or missing a nut, and thought I would get the nut fixed, and kept procrastinating it.

Finally, visited APRA last week and told them of the same. They took a very short test drive on a broken patch of road, and came back to the workshop.

Here, the test drive guy just tells the SA 'ZED', and the SA then proceeds to tell me that the 'ZED Axle' in the rear is broken. The SA tells me that the said part is out of stock and I should come back next week.

Frankly, this was the first time I had heard of this term, and proceeded to ask him what this 'ZED Axle' is and what does this imply. He proceeded with his explanation that it is related to the rear axle and the spot welds might have come off.

Alarmed, I tell him that the car is barely 8 months old and this sounds like a serious issue. He calmly dismisses it off as a minor issue and claimed that I could continue driving it forever, and the only issue will be the occasional noise.

Very bad on Maruti's part to have such an attitude towards recalls. I If I hadn't read this here, I would have been under the impression that this was regular wear & tear, or worse would have missed it altogether.
Sinner666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:58   #2299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
the 'ZED Axle' in the rear is broken.
What part on earth is this

Looked up the parts catalogue, found none of this type. I guess he is referring to rear, beam suspension.

Quote:
Very bad on Maruti's part to have such an attitude towards recalls. I If I hadn't read this here, I would have been under the impression that this was regular wear & tear, or worse would have missed it altogether.
Hope they are recalling all the affected cars at least. Why is there no formal notice like the fuel filler issue that was raised.

Anurag.
Old 5th July 2014, 01:07   #2300
BHPian

Quote:

I too have been observing this 'TECK' sound coming from the right rear side for a couple of months now. This comes up only when in articulation or being reversed relatively fast with the steering being turned.

I initially thought the silencer must have come loose or missing a nut, and thought I would get the nut fixed, and kept procrastinating it.

Finally, visited APRA last week and told them of the same. They took a very short test drive on a broken patch of road, and came back to the workshop.

Here, the test drive guy just tells the SA 'ZED', and the SA then proceeds to tell me that the 'ZED Axle' in the rear is broken. The SA tells me that the said part is out of stock and I should come back next week.

Frankly, this was the first time I had heard of this term, and proceeded to ask him what this 'ZED Axle' is and what does this imply. He proceeded with his explanation that it is related to the rear axle and the spot welds might have come off.

Alarmed, I tell him that the car is barely 8 months old and this sounds like a serious issue. He calmly dismisses it off as a minor issue and claimed that I could continue driving it forever, and the only issue will be the occasional noise.

Yes that's the sound which comes when the rear axle articulates. They will be changing AXLE BEAM. I went in and checked what exactly is the fault for which he showed there is a minute angle change in the welding (somewhere the spring sits) due to which the sound occurs. There will be no issues to vehicles health apart from irritating sound.

The reason why they did not make an announcement is that the parts manufacturing is outsourced to more than one company and one of the company made a mistake in one of the product/ consignment and it is not possible for them to pin point which exact vehicle the faulty product has been installed on. Hence when ever the customer complains about the sound, they just change without questions(told by workshop manager).
Old 5th July 2014, 01:42   #2301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post

The reason why they did not make an announcement is that the parts manufacturing is outsourced to more than one company and one of the company made a mistake in one of the product / consignment and it is not possible for them to pin point which exact vehicle the faulty product has been installed on.
Spot-on. Having a silent + happy customer is better than a noise making customer so MASS is quietly replacing this beam in all affected cars.

Now I will wait and see as to how much time it takes for the service department to issue out an official circular for replacement. Maruti is now collecting information and analysing the defective part in their R&D department and tracing out the batches of the defective part they received and VIN in which all vehicles this post went into. So I guess in fair attitude we may give them time on this.

They would have done risk analysis to find out the severity of the issue on whether the necessity and urgency of the recall to be done. Time and speed are important.

Anurag.
Old 5th July 2014, 02:12   #2302
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:

I too have been observing this 'TECK' sound coming from the right rear side for a couple of months now.

:

If this was a VW or Skoda, this thread would have run into pages with people somehow bringing up the dsg issue into the picture as well. Maybe even a separate thread would have been started but since this is our very own Maruti it will be forgotten as an one off issue.

Hope you get the issue sorted out at the earliest. Spot welds coming off an axle in a new car is not a trivial issue.

Last edited by robimahanta : 5th July 2014 at 02:18.
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 02:37   #2303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
If this was a VW or Skoda, this thread would have run into pages with people somehow bringing up the dsg issue into the picture as well. Maybe even a separate thread would have been started but since this is our very own Maruti it will be forgotten as an one off issue.

Hope you get the issue sorted out at the earliest. Spot welds coming off an axle in a new car is not a trivial issue.
Couldn't agree more with you.

Public mindset needs to change. I am NOT supporting Maruti at all but just my feeling nor do I have anything against VW but what kills is their way to tackle the situation.

Not wanting to spark an argument / take the thread OT. Shall continue over a PM if you like it.

Anurag.
Old 5th July 2014, 15:23   #2304
Senior - BHPian

The new Swift arrived in Dubai. Spotted minor changes, but refreshing - no doubt!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-1.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-3.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-4.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 15:42   #2305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The new Swift arrived in Dubai. Spotted minor changes, but refreshing - no doubt!
Any idea if there was cruise control in this refresh model? I can see some buttons on the steering wheel (opposite to the audio controls).

DRL and alloys look fresh and improve the stance of the car.

Anurag.
Old 5th July 2014, 15:55   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Well, Cruise Control is standard here. And yeah, all buttons on steering. Phone lens fogged up in this extreme humidity, else the pics would be clear, my apologies. While there, caught another beauty as well. The Sport. Eye candy, outside - Eye popping, inside!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-s.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-s-1.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-s-2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-s-3.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 16:01   #2307
BANNED

Quote:
Well, Cruise Control is standard here. And yeah, all buttons on steering. Phone lens fogged up in this extreme humidity, else the pics would be clear, my apologies. While there, caught another beauty as well. The Sport. Eye candy, outside - Eye popping, inside!
Now this is what I call a Sport.

Hope we get this variant with the 1.6L Petrol and 1.6L D (May be a MJD or the speculated HDi).

Anurag.
Old 5th July 2014, 16:04   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
How much I wish the Swift sport was available in India. That is indeed a hot hatch. Suzuki Are you listening to us?
The alloys on the 2014 facelifted model looks cool.

Last edited by SRTH1987 : 5th July 2014 at 16:08.
Old 5th July 2014, 16:18   #2309
Senior - BHPian

The alloys on Swift Sport are in a different league altogether.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift-s-alloy.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 21:28   #2310
BHPian

40000 kms service of my swift diesel Done from BRD motors thalore, thrissur...Total cost is about 7200 Rs if your vehicle doesn't have any complaint. This would be approximately same for Ritz diesel, Swift diesel, Ertiga diesel, Sx4 diesel. 'The outside labour" is for an accessory. 125 rs for nitrogen filling was the discounted price.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-20140705_175506.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-20140705_175541.jpg  

Last edited by fireblade007 : 5th July 2014 at 21:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks