Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:21   #586

@Nasirkaka - Just saw your C500 with RD350 handlebar. I've recently got my c500 and was planning to get the handlebar changed to a RD350 handle. I was told the cables have to be changed. Can you pls advice me on that pls. And aso let me know where in Bangalore can I get such a handlebar and where have you got it done. I've sent you a private message also in this regard. Appreciate your help and advice on this.

Thanks, Ravi
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:09   #587
Senior - BHPian

@ mvravi,

Hey, got your PM.
These authorized service people are not at all co-operative when it comes to any modifications on the bike, especially when the bike is under warranty. So better to avoid them for any mods.

As for the RD 350 replica handle bar on the C5, It is very much possible, WITHOUT changing any control cables.

Just go to Thirumala Auto Accessories on JC road, Bangalore, and they will be able to install it for you. BUT you will have to procure a RD350 replica handlebar, and give it to them. i dont think they stock that handlebar.

WHERE TO PROCURE RD350 REPLICA Handlebar?
One of the places is Sandhya Spares, again on JC road, the famous shop for all bullet spares.

THE CATCH:

RD 350 replica handle bar DOES NOT come with the provision to mount the bar-end weights. So you will have to buy the handle bar, than go to so a small workshop having a basic lathe machine & welding facility. You will have to ask the guy there to make a small metal cylinder of Mild steel, make a hole in the centre, and TAP it for the Allen bolt to hold the bar end weight. All these operation would be done on the lathe itself. Basically if you explain him as wo what has to be done, they will do it for you. Plenty of people in JC road and shivaji nagar area with such workshop.

approximate cost: handle bar about 200 bucks
getting the bar end fixing detail done - about 100 bucks
assembly at thirumala - about 200 bucks.

address of thirumala auto accessories:
100 lalbagh fort road,
goverdhan building
doddamavalli
Bangalore - 04
phone: 41537770 / 25908126

Hope it helps. Let me know if i can be of further help.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:15   #588

@Nasirkaka: Thanks a bunch, this is great insight. Ay weekend destination will be JC road, will keep you posted once I get this done. Mostly this weekend I'll manage to get it done.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd September 2010 at 13:17. Reason: Please use proper punctuation marks instead if .... Thanks.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:21   #589
Senior - BHPian

Avoid sundays, As majority of the shops will be closed, including Sandhya Spares.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:41   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post

Also what woud be the implications of just changing the rear tyre? Or will it make more sense to change both?
Implications are none in my opinion and I am very much happy with the grip of front tyre. Its only the rear tyre which I have started to hate.

Still if you can find a pair of Pirelli S D for rear and front 100/90/18 then it will make a bit more sense. Might help in getting some more stability.
Old 3rd September 2010, 20:19   #591
Senior - BHPian

@ Randhawa and others:

SOME UPDATE:

got back from JC road.

Bought and installed the MICHELIN M45 4.00 X 18" on the rear. Direct fit without any hassles.

REASON FOR MICHELIN OVER PIRELLI: COST

Both the tyres were available as-

MICHELIN M45 for Rs 2050/
PIRELLI SPORTS DEMON ( 110 X 80 - 18") - Rs 3800/

As there was difference of almost 1800 rs, i went for Michelin M45.
Will share the feedback once i clock some kms on the new tyre.

There was another tyre from Michelin available called MICHELIN SIRAC - 120/80 x 18" = Rs. 2,890. Any feedback on this one??

ALso, bought and installed PHILIPS X-treme POWER halogen as main head light.

Options available were:
philips Xtreme power - cost - Rs 750 (for a single, comes in a dual pack, for cars)
Osram Night breaker - cost - Rs 900

Went for philips, as it sounded more familiar as a brand.
Will test the light tonight, and share feedback.

Also got a HARD LUGGAGE BACK CARRIER - make GIVI. will share some pics once i install it.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 3rd September 2010 at 20:21.
Old 3rd September 2010, 23:14   #592
Senior - BHPian

@Nasir- You went on a shopping spree for your bull hey

The price difference is a big deciding factor and by getting a bit smaller tyre then 110, I think you will get wee bit better pickup and mileage. How slim did it looked compared to the zapper. Can you post any picture of them together for comparison?

M Sirac is really a good one and would be best for a tour to Ladakh. But you will have to remove the chain guard.

You made a good choice by going for the Philips, I have bad experience with the Osram halogens. The bulbs get blackened from inside and reduce visibility.

No clue what kind of luggage carrier you got, awaiting pictures.
Old 4th September 2010, 11:42   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Nasir- You went on a shopping spree for your bull hey
Got carried away i guess. Had generally gone to JC road with a friend who wanted some stuff for his machismo, and ended-up buying a few things for my C5.

Shall share pics in a day or two.
Old 4th September 2010, 13:58   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Got carried away i guess. Had generally gone to JC road with a friend who wanted some stuff for his machismo, and ended-up buying a few things for my C5.

Shall share pics in a day or two.
Quick Nasir, some photos please !!!!
Old 4th September 2010, 18:13   #595
Senior - BHPian

Mirror update for pre 2010 Classics

All of you who could never figure out why the LH side mirror was smaller in height compared to the RH side mirror, RE has improved the design and now you can actually see whats coming behind from the left mirror.

I never realized that RE had come up with a new mirror and all the post January 2010 has the newer mirror. So now we have an option to upgrade by paying around Rs 300 for a new one.

I was quite desperate to get a new Pirelli tyre for rear but due to the availability problem in my city I also started looking for the Zapper as well. To my surprise not a single MRF dealer had the tyre and neither they were getting it from the factory.

So today I went to see my dealer and to my surprise he had the tyre/tube which he had not been able to get hold off. Before anyone else could grab it from him I bought the tyre/tube. Payed Rs 2030 for tyre and RS400 for the tube.

Something is better then nothing hey!
Old 5th September 2010, 17:37   #596
Senior - BHPian

PICS:

Managed to install the luggage box on to the C5. It was NOT a direct fit. I had to make some modification to the base frame.

Attached are some pics. (sorry for bad quality, as they are from a basic phone)

Also, attached are some pics of the Michelin M45 tyre, for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0084-copy.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0091-copy.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0092-copy.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-01.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0089-copy.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-image0088-copy-01.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 18:14   #597
BHPian

Nasirkaka... The Box looks cool. Whats your profession ?... Pizza delivery ??
Old 5th September 2010, 20:36   #598
BHPian

What's the waiting period ( I mean the real one) for a Classic 500. Guys in Dhone Automobiles (Pune) give different replies each time I ring up. One said 6 months as delays have been sorted out. And another dude confidently said 10 months. By the way, my cousin had booked a maroon one last month!!!
Old 6th September 2010, 10:24   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnair View Post
Nasirkaka... The Box looks cool. Whats your profession ?... Pizza delivery ??
other than pizzas this really helps if you have an expensive helmet.

cheers,
ac
Old 6th September 2010, 10:27   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
What's the waiting period ( I mean the real one) for a Classic 500. Guys in Dhone Automobiles (Pune) give different replies each time I ring up. One said 6 months as delays have been sorted out. And another dude confidently said 10 months. By the way, my cousin had booked a maroon one last month!!!
I booked mine in March, expecting delivery of my bull by end of this month, The waiting in mumbai is more than 10 months for this bike. But I have heart that outside Mumbai in smaller towns like nasik / baroda one can get the bike considerably faster.

cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks