Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 16:44   #2101
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate I would suggest you to try out different jet sizes before swapping the entire carb assembly. An expert carb tuner is a must in achieving this.
Even i don't wanna do anything drastic, But I played around with the settings so much that I ended up tearing the intake rubber flange that holds the carb. Tried out all the jets upto 120, with the filters and exhausts all I am managing to to is move the peek torque further up the powerband. But I feel the cv carb is sluggish. I was hoping someone would be able to provide a rough idea of the jetting.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:06   #2102
BHPian

Anyone tried putting this exhaust on their EFI bike?

http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Chrome.../dp/B016BRCBLG

Anything to watch out for while putting this? Or can it just be clipped on

Quote:
Farhad the RPM level on a Tbird500 also increases if the breather pipe(thick black rubber pipe) has ruptures(common issue). Try and see if you are able to spot ruptures and cuts in your breather pipe, if not then you can follow the technique shown by Jim in his posts to adjust the screw. Personally I am a bit weary of playing with the EFi as compared to my mechanical carbs, hence it leave it to the experts to do that for me.
Hey, forgive my ignorance, but can you post a pic of where to find this "breather pipe"? Also, my bike is just 3 months old, can it still have cracks this early?

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th December 2015 at 17:13.
Old 7th December 2015, 17:16   #2103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post

Hey, forgive my ignorance, but can you post a pic of where to find this "breather pipe"? Also, my bike is just 3 months old, can it still have cracks this early?
Look at the below post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3840966

Breather tube should be near the EFI unit IIRC.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 17:53   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virage View Post
Even i don't wanna do anything drastic, But I played around with the settings so much that I ended up tearing the intake rubber flange that holds the carb. Tried out all the jets upto 120, with the filters and exhausts all I am managing to to is move the peek torque further up the powerband. But I feel the cv carb is sluggish. I was hoping someone would be able to provide a rough idea of the jetting.
Mate a CV carb will behave like that as it is tuned for mileage rather than outright power. An over rich carb tuning will sap your mileage and result in carbon deposits on the spark plugs. Your modifications will give you mild power increase over the stock setup. Also try considering changing the front and rear sprockets for high speed along with an oversize forged piston and a performance connecting rod to handle the pressure. I am not very sure about the proper jet size but have come across riders playing with their CI 500's with everything from Mikuni to Amal carbs. The best I had heard was the Amal carb for the CI's not sure about the UCE's though.

Quote:

Mate as far as I know not many exhausts are bolt on the EFi UCE's that includes our Tbird as well. The tuning has to be done properly in order to avoid future problems. Also if you go ahead with this mod your warranty might become void.

Quote:
Hey, forgive my ignorance, but can you post a pic of where to find this "breather pipe"?
Mate refer to this thread for the location of the air breather pipe:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ership-20.html

Post no. 298
Quote:
Also, my bike is just 3 months old, can it still have cracks this early?
Mate my Tbird was just 1 and a half months old when this issue developed, it had not even completed its first free service. Refer to my thread for the issue and resolution.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...d-500-a-3.html

Post no. 41

And the resolution
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...d-500-a-5.html

Post no. 69

Last edited by navin_v8 : 7th December 2015 at 17:56. Reason: additional information
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 19:54   #2105
AWD
BHPian

Friends I need a few suggestions regarding my Bullet Classic 350;

1) The most comfortable seat upgrade, single/split

2) Most comfortable Handlebar, which is higher than the OE one.

3) Color of the bike is cherry. I want to put a matt black tape/wrap over it. Is it a good option ?
Old 7th December 2015, 21:58   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Mate a CV carb will behave like that as it is tuned for mileage rather than outright power. An over rich carb tuning will sap your mileage and result in carbon deposits on the spark plugs. Your modifications will give you mild power increase over the stock setup. Also try considering changing the front and rear sprockets for high speed along with an oversize forged piston and a performance connecting rod to handle the pressure. I am not very sure about the proper jet size but have come across riders playing with their CI 500's with everything from Mikuni to Amal carbs. The best I had heard was the Amal carb for the CI's not sure about the UCE's though.
Like you said plenty of resources available for 500's, us poor 350 owners have very few options but upgrade to the 500cc bulls. I really wish I could figure this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post

3) Color of the bike is cherry. I want to put a matt black tape/wrap over it. Is it a good option ?

1) The easiest solution for this is the stock bullet seat. Will require welding a couple of brackets. You will be able to get it done within 2k.

But, if you dont want to loose the look of the classic, you will have to get a custom seat done. The main problem with the classic seat is that it is sprung, some times while going over big bumps the bikes suspension and the seat spring negate each other. ( not the exact reason, but it does feel like it)
What i did was get a custom seat plate fabricated without the springs and took the plate to a the seat lining shop to shape the foam to my liking.
All of which made me poorer by 3k.

2) RD handle bar. You can get one for around 350.

3) I dont know what you mean by black tape, but you can get the bike wrapped, but most wraps tend to peel away without a coat of lacquer.

Last edited by virage : 7th December 2015 at 22:07.
Old 7th December 2015, 22:18   #2107
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
The easiest solution for this is the stock bullet seat. Will require welding a couple of brackets. You will be able to get it done within 2k.
if you dont want to loose the look of the classic, you will have to get a custom seat done.
RD handle bar. You can get one for around 350.
but you can get the bike wrapped, but most wraps tend to peel away without a coat of lacquer.
With stock Bullet seat you mean Bullet Standard seat ? If this one, there are 2 options in this too, one with a shallow front seat/portion & other totally flush. The later one used to come in older Bullets. So which of the two will be comfier ?

No I don't mind loosing the Classic in lieu of Standard Bull looks! Yes correct, the springs actually spoil the ride quality.

RD handle bar will fit with the same wiring ? Dont need to extend ?

Yes Wrap only then, I wasn't sure of what the item is really. Will wrapping look good ?
Old 7th December 2015, 22:29   #2108
BHPian

The newer ones you will be able to find them as oem parts. I loved the seating on the B500 and the standard.

The RD bars are a direct fit. They even have provision for bar end weights. The cables are of sufficient length. But make sure you remove the tank and stretch out the cables.

Wrap depends on the quality of the wrap material and the person who's doing the wraping.

As far as the looks go, its a subjective opinion.
I would suggest you do a Google search to get an idea.
Old 7th December 2015, 23:32   #2109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hey, forgive my ignorance, but can you post a pic of where to find this "breather pipe"? Also, my bike is just 3 months old, can it still have cracks this early? ...
The photo below shows the clear vinyl tubing I used to replace the factory breather tube.

The tube is attached to the engine and a fitting on the air filter box.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Queries-breather002web.jpg  

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 7th December 2015 at 23:33.
ArizonaJim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 10:09   #2110
BHPian

Another question:
The idling speed keeps fluctuating: when I start the bike, needle shows 1200. Later, after riding it for some time, needle rests at 1500.
Ever since the idling speed has increased (earlier it used to be 1000), the bike has become more difficult to start. I need to kick it much harder than before, and the electric start also just cranks the engine, but doesn't start the bike most of the times. I'm afraid to turn it off at long signals for fear that it won't start when I need it to.
Will reducing the idling back to 1000rpm solve this issue? Or is it something else completely?
Old 8th December 2015, 11:16   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like you said plenty of resources available for 500's, us poor 350 owners have very few options but upgrade to the 500cc bulls. I really wish I could figure this out.
Mate I am myself an owner of three CI 350's out of which two are vintage. I don't dare to do any modifications on the vintage beauties as I want to keep them bone stock like fresh out of the factory (I am sucker for factory fresh). The other CI 350 which is a 1996 light crank model is my beater on which I experiment endlessly. I have come across performance riders fitting an Amal carb(very expensive about 10-15K+) onto their CI350, this along with changing the front and rear sprocket, coupled with piper cross or BMC high flow cylindrical/conical air filter, free flow exhaust, heavy duty valves, oversized forged piston, light crank, performance connecting rod, etc. The list is even longer if one has the pocket for it. One can buy a used CI500 if one considers selling their CI350(including all the modification costs). But then the CI500 is a different league altogether. It will be like climbing from a Gaur Bison(Bullet CI 350) onto an Asian Elephant(CI 500). I hope you get my drift... The Machismo AVL 500 can be considered if you are not allergic to aluminium engines.

Quote:
Another question:
The idling speed keeps fluctuating: when I start the bike, needle shows 1200. Later, after riding it for some time, needle rests at 1500.
Ever since the idling speed has increased (earlier it used to be 1000), the bike has become more difficult to start. I need to kick it much harder than before, and the electric start also just cranks the engine, but doesn't start the bike most of the times. I'm afraid to turn it off at long signals for fear that it won't start when I need it to.
Will reducing the idling back to 1000rpm solve this issue? Or is it something else completely?
Mate the symptoms of your Tbird500 looks like the air breather pipe crack issue. This was exactly the same symptoms on my Tbird500 and once the breather pipe was repaired the issue vanished. About starting issues, always start your bike by using electric start for the first time and give a very mild throttle while doing so. The idling has nothing to do with starting issues in my opinion. Get your motorcycle tuned properly by taking it to the service centre and ask them to categorically to reduce the idling rpm in the range of 900-1000 rpm.

Quote:

Repeating Virage's suggestion. The most comfortable one piece seat is the stock step up seat of either the Electra or the Bullet STD. For a separate two piece split seat the best is the bucket seat. Coming to single seat, again the bucket seat without springs is good.
Quote:
Don't look any further than the RD350(normal) handlebar. I am using it on my Standard CI's and can vouch for them. The cables, wires, etc. fits like a glove on a normal RD350 handlebar.
Quote:
The matte vinyl wrap will cost some money and its longevity is a question mark, rather you can consider painting it matte black. Only thing is the colour change issue in the RC book from Red to Black.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 15:59   #2112
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
The RD bars are a direct fit. They even have provision for bar end weights. The cables are of sufficient length. But make sure you remove the tank and stretch out the cables.

Wrap depends on the quality of the wrap material
Unable to source a RD350 handlebar from my City.

Ok will try with a matt black good quality wrap, lets see how it turns out!

Quote:
most comfortable one piece seat is the stock step up seat of either the Electra or the Bullet STD. For a separate two piece split seat the best is the bucket seat. Coming to single seat, again the bucket seat without springs is good.

Don't look any further than the RD350(normal) handlebar. I am using it on my Standard CI's and can vouch for them. The cables, wires, etc. fits like a glove on a normal RD350 handlebar.

painting it matte black. Only thing is the colour change issue in the RC book from Red to Black.
Yes I will try the Electra/std bullet seat which is shallower on the front portion. Saw that single bucket seat also without springs, looked comfy with good padding. Actually I don't mind my classic coming out as a std bullet, so open to std bull parts.

Right, the handlebar is going to be the RD350 one. Problem is sourcing from around, will try again.

No I wouldnt tinker with the original paint because I don't know when I decide to swap the bike. So wrap will be the safest option. Do we have some wrapped bike on the forum ?
Old 8th December 2015, 16:23   #2113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So wrap will be the safest option. Do we have some wrapped bike on the forum?
I had enquired about matte wraps on a motorcycle when I got PPF done on my Tbird500 from 3M store. Those guys told me that matte wrap can be done on a motorcycle, check with any 3M car/bike care store in your locality.
Old 8th December 2015, 18:15   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
With stock Bullet seat you mean Bullet Standard seat ? If this one, there are 2 options in this too, one with a shallow front seat/portion & other totally flush. The later one used to come in older Bullets. So which of the two will be comfier ?
The stepped seat of the Electra is good for the person riding the motorcycle but not comfortable for the pillion as it gets narrower at the back and has too much raise.
Old 8th December 2015, 20:51   #2115
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
I had enquired about matte wraps on a motorcycle when I got PPF done on my Tbird500 from 3M store.
Ok will check with 3M.
Btw just got lucky, was able to find RD350 handlebar locally. Cost me 150/- for the bar & 100/- for the fitting.
Though theres a problem with the accelerator cable, on full right turn the cable gets pulled, thus increasing the revs.
Other than that, the new setup has made a sea of a difference. I feel much more comfy & relaxed. Also able to control better.
A little issue with setting the bar at the right angles still persists, will have to get it fine tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
The stepped seat of the Electra is good for the person riding the motorcycle
Great, I ride solo mostly! Next up is the Electra seat.
Btw a seats fabricator told me that though the Electra seat can be made to fit the Classic but it doesn't fit flush & one has to get it corrected after a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks