Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 15:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
I was informed by RE rep at the brand show room that some modifications have been done on the ECU to give better mileage on the TBTS 500. While comparing both bikes I could also feel a slight difference in the pick up between C500 & TBTS 500 - C500 had a better acceleration from standstill.
Could the new-age RE experts confirm please? Seems too good to be true. RE actually having different maps for different variants of the same engine.
Old 21st May 2013, 16:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, my Blue Bird visited HSR Enterprises, Rajajinagar Industrial Estate, Bangalore, for brake adjustment as I found the rear brake was not biting after vulcanising and refitting the wheel at Krishnagiri during my ride from Chennai to Bangalore.
Sir,
Congratulations on getting the bike over to Bangalore from Chennai. Am sorry to read your update on the punctured rear tire. I would very strongly suggest you to go for some proactive tire solutions which will ensure that there is minimum leakage of air when there is a puncture. Have attached a demonstration video to help you understand better.
This is currently being sold in X-Torque as am not sure off different places where it is available.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151353995495419" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe

2014, Wow am planning for Leh too.

Last edited by ku69rd : 21st May 2013 at 16:03. Reason: Corrected the link
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 16:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant!! I would have loved to ride with you - with your permission of course!! But won't make any promises yet, we'll see what the future holds.

Another thought - though it may be difficult, please use the the Manali - Leh route this time!

Best of Luck
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 17:31   #94
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Sir, count me in.
Thanks, Jimmy_u. You are welcome.
Quote:
my bird is expected sometime in June 2013.
Advance congratulations and best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
2014, Wow am planning for Leh too.
More the merrier! Thanks, ku69rd, for kind suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Brilliant!! I would have loved to ride with you
You are welcome to join the gang. Since you have previous experience of riding to Leh, you be the guide.
Quote:
please use the the Manali - Leh route this time!
Yes, noted.

Old 22nd May 2013, 12:14   #95
J.Ravi

My Blue Bird's Rear Embossed Number Plate

Today, I fitted the embossed registration number plate at the rear of my Blue Bird. I drilled two matching holes using Bosch drilling machine and used the same screws to fit it.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc09589.jpg

The existing OE front registration number plate looks very good without screws. I did not want to drill fresh holes on the existing registration number plate for holding the new embossed one. So, for the present, the stock OE registration number plate will continue to adorn my Blue Bird until I find out an effective way of fixing without drilling holes.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc09592.jpg

I tried to place the spare clutch cable in vain, first in the utility box [RHS], and then, in the fuse box [LHS], but they did not want to accommodate the intruding guest as there was no space available. So, I have to carry it in my tank bag.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd May 2013 at 12:27.
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:36   #96
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Blue Bird's Rear Embossed Number Plate

Quote:
I tried to place the spare clutch cable in vain, first in the utility box [RHS], and then, in the fuse box [LHS], but they did not want to accommodate the intruding guest as there was no space available. So, I have to carry it in my tank bag.
Sir,
If you do not care much about aesthetics and if space is willing, then you route the second cable on lines of primary clutch cable. If you are stuck on a highway with a broken cable, it becomes all the more easier for you to change the cable as you will have to work only on the ends.
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:00   #97
BHPian

Re: My Blue Bird's Rear Embossed Number Plate

Quote:
So, for the present, the stock OE registration number plate will continue to adorn my Blue Bird until I find out an effective way of fixing without drilling holes.
I have stuck a plate using fevibond and feviquick onto the stock front number plate. Works well. Do give it a try.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 13:35   #98
J.Ravi

Blue Bird Crosses 1,000 km

Today, my Blue Bird recorded 1,000 km in the odometer at Ananda Rao Circle, Bangalore in 40 days.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc09594.jpg

One km earlier:

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-dsc09593.jpg
  (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 22:58   #99
BHPian

Re: Blue Bird Crosses 1,000 km

Quote:
Today, my Blue Bird recorded 1,000 km in the odometer at Ananda Rao Circle, Bangalore in 40 days.

Attachment 1087139

One km earlier:

Attachment 1087140

Is there always an inconsistancy in the contrast of the figures in the display ? Half digits appear dark and half dull in the picture.
Old 25th May 2013, 08:23   #100
J.Ravi

Re: Blue Bird Crosses 1,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Is there always an inconsistancy in the contrast of the figures in the display ? Half digits appear dark and half dull in the picture.
The display appears alright on the LCD screen. I think, it is due to the camera angle.
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 11:33   #101
BHPian

Ravi Sir,

Congratulations for the buy. You have already started the long rides I can see. I took delivery of my Classic 350 in Hosur and rode her all the way till Chennai. I will start my ownership thread very soon.

BTW, My bull has completed 3000 Kms. After the recent 3000 Km service from RE ASS, I have been facing the following problems.

1. The bike misfires while deceleration. The sound is evident.

2. The bike refuses to go north of 80 KMPH. In fact, I am able to reach 80 KMPH very easily. Post that, if I accelerate, there are lots of vibrations and it is difficult to accelerate also.

Any suggestions to get this rectified?
thecdkfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 07:41   #102
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdkfactor View Post
Congratulations for the buy.
Thanks a lot, thecdkfactor.
Quote:
The bike misfires while deceleration.
Did you change the exhaust to get thump? Many people have reported misfire after changing the OE stock exhaust. If not, you can also consider replacing the spark plugs.
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 09:10   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Did you change the exhaust to get thump? Many people have reported misfire after changing the OE stock exhaust. If not, you can also consider replacing the spark plugs.
No Sir. I am still running the stock exhaust. I will check out the spark plug. Infact, I found that the spark plug cover (the metallic one) was broken. Will keep you updated
Old 27th May 2013, 21:26   #104
J.Ravi

Bangalore>Mysore>Gopalaswamy Hill & Back

My Blue Bird took me for a big ride today.

I left my Basaveswara Nagar home by 5 am on my Blue Bird to Mysore. I rode non-stop for the next 2.5 hours to Hotel Mylari, Nazarbad, Mysore, located 145 km from my home, where I breakfasted comprising 4 soft, oil-free dosas with sagoo and served with coconut chutney washed down by coffee. This was an old hotel run by a family. Although, the sign board says no branches, I found one more original Mylari Hotel [with Vinayaka inserted somewhere!] diagonally opposite to this real original!

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-1.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-2.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-3.jpg

After sumptuous breakfast, I rode to Gopalaswamy Hill, a part of Bandipur National Park, where an old Gopalaswamy temple is located exactly 228 km from my home. The last 5 km of the road were really bad. I was lucky to spot a herd of elephants numbering about 10 not far away from me. But, since I was advised not to photograph the wildlife, I controlled my urge to click a few pics.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-4.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-5.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-6.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-7.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-8.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-9.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-10.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-11.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-12.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-13.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-14.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-15.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-16.jpg

I returned to Mysore, had a couple of mango lassis and buttermilk at Nandini milk parlour and headed to Chamundi Hills and spent some time in clicking some pics.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-17.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-18.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-19.jpg

Later, I started my homeward journey. There was a thunderstorm between Mandya and Maddur. A big tree fell because of windy weather creating a traffic jam. Had evening tiffin and coffee at Adiga's at Maddur and reached home by 7 pm after wading through another big traffic jam at Channapatna because of road works. I enjoyed riding on my Blue Bird for 480 km.

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-20.jpg

Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 : My Motorcycle Diaries-21.jpg
  (11) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 09:17   #105
BHPian

Ravi Sir,

Can see that the bullet bug has bit you hard Wishing you more such impromptu trips.

Update regarding my issue :

The carburetor had been locked by the RE service engineers. After adjusting the A/F screw, vehicle now seems to be rev free. Was able to touch 100 KMPH on a empty stretch today. After riding some more kilometers, will open the A/F screw further.

P.S : Any pointers on where to get the bag that you have strapped with magnets on the tank ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks