Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 20:45   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vicky.in's online automotive store. EDIT : Poor reviews & customer service on Pg.3

NOTE : Team-BHP is NOT affiliated to vicky.in in any manner whatsoever.

High Points:

- www.vicky.in/shopping launched today.

- Customers can buy branded car seat covers, security systems, scale models,GPS systems,car stickers, sun control films, car infotainment systems, body kits, car laptop chargers, car care products and merchandise. Bike owners can buy helmets,riding gear, lifestyle products and more.

- Brands available include Stanley seat covers, Mapmyindia navigation devices, Xenos car security systems, Maisto car scale models, JVC car audio system, Garware Sun control film and Vega helmets. New products are being added to the store everyday.

- Tie-up with courier services to enable product delivery to the customer's doorstep.

- "Indian automotive aftermarket is highly unorganized and scattered, with the Vicky.in online store, customers from remote corners of India will get access to branded products. Vicky.in offers guaranteed lowest prices on all car and bike accessories" said Vignesh.

Last edited by GTO : 30th November 2012 at 10:15.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2010, 21:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good initiative that deserves a loud

Some of my observations...
- The helmet range starts from Rs 179 to Rs 2000 which is fine. But misses a good range from 2K to 6K.
- Motorcycle riding gears are available (came to know through chat), but should be put up shortly on site
Old 29th November 2010, 21:15   #3
BHPian

Why not a Team-BHP Store?

I also support that idea. After having been through totally dumb sales executives in various car shops who try to sell their sub standard duplicates or replicas all the time I have actually thought of starting a thread regarding a Team-BHP store. The popularity and reliability of Team-BHP will actually make it the most desired place for an car enthusiast to shop.

I was actually thinking of a store in Bangalore and Bombay maybe. I know its not a simple thing and needs a lot of capital. I can never raise that kind of capital else I would have definitely started one. But an online shop is something that an really hit it off. Especially with the expertise of the members here on various aspects and the reliability of members in sourcing various aftermarket products I think it has immense potential.

I personally feel that the honesty and reliability of the forum alone can sell anything. And almost everyone here would have experienced difficulty in sourcing even simple products like headlight bulbs and the sort. This is actually a very feasible idea. I hope there are more people here willing to take this to a practical idea.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well that sounds interesting, I always belived an online car merchandise portal combined with the forum to support and rate would be the terrific combo any buyer would be looking for, as there is no leakage of any customer disatisfaction etc.

Very good initiative indeed. Kudos
Old 29th November 2010, 21:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is a brilliant idea !! Team-Bhp store wow. Credibility being the USP. It will work for sure, if I understand the community right.

Cheerio
Old 29th November 2010, 22:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Well that sounds interesting, I always belived an online car merchandise portal combined with the forum to support and rate would be the terrific combo any buyer .......
Well I meant interesting was the initiative by Vicky.in.

Please request TBHP not to start any such stores. I think it would be against its Core competency.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

congrats to Vignesh and Karthick on your new venture. All the best. Online shopping is something which has caught up very much these days.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vignesh & Karthick. For last full week I was looking for a site where I can buy Car Car Products online. I hope you guys will soon list some of the "T-BHP members" favorite care care products on your website.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I hope you guys will soon list some of the "T-BHP members" favorite care care products on your website.
+1, specially those detailing stuffs which are hard to get over here.
Old 29th November 2010, 23:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
- The helmet range starts from Rs 179 to Rs 2000 which is fine. But misses a good range from 2K to 6K.
They have a range starting at Rs. 179 till Rs.15000/- looks like they are in the process of updating the list.
Old 30th November 2010, 10:06   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for bringing up some interesting products. Expect some solid shopping from my end.
All the very best.!
Old 30th November 2010, 11:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The helmet range starts from Rs 179
are you sure helmets for Rs.179?
How good would that be in protecting the skull?
Even the ones sold by platform vendors cost Rs.300 and above
Daewood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2010, 12:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

I just registered again in Vicky.in as i forgot my previous login details.
Within a 30 mins i got a call from them asking any assistance for shopping and details about any product.
waiting for all products in listing before do purchasing from them.
Good response
Old 30th November 2010, 12:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
are you sure helmets for Rs.179?
How good would that be in protecting the skull?
Even the ones sold by platform vendors cost Rs.300 and above
Rs 179 is not a proper helmet; something like a cover to protect head that's all; Remember the old Bajaj Wind Ad? Its that sort of wear, doesn't protect anything though.

It reminded me of the yellow color head covers worn by construction workers!!!
Old 30th November 2010, 12:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Nice initiative .
Will be interesting to see how they fare.As ,I personally prefer something that I can "touch" and "feel ".I would buy something online only if there is some particular advantage in terms of cost as compared to the local dealer.
Also ,one would need to get the products (seat cover,PW... ) installed and fixed.Not sure ,if this website offers installation along with the product.

At present ,I personally dont see any particular advantage in buying online from here .

Still ,I wish them all the best !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks