Coaxials: Hertz DCX 165
Amplifer: Blaupunkt GTA 480 (4-Ch Amp)
Attached Thumbnails
My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete-i16819.jpg  

My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete-i16902.jpg  

My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete-i16903.jpg  

My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete-i16904.jpg  

My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete-img_7128.jpg  

My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete-tbhp20pay20and20practice200992020mi1020swift.jpg  

Last edited by Mi10 : 30th April 2010 at 14:39.
Old 30th April 2010, 14:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

O2 sensor setup on the exhaust manifold is wrong. It is getting feedback from only one cylinder. O2 sensor needs to be getting feedback from all cylinders. Your car will be running lean. I had the exact same setup on my car initially and it used to run lean.

Nice looking alloys. Go really well with the car.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
O2 sensor setup on the exhaust manifold is wrong. It is getting feedback from only one cylinder. O2 sensor needs to be getting feedback from all cylinders. Your car will be running lean. I had the exact same setup on my car initially and it used to run lean.

Thanks for the comments, Vikram.

Can you guide me on how do we mount the Sensors ?. Should we have 4 Sensors then ? How does it look on a Stock Set up ?
Old 30th April 2010, 18:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would say Positioning the oxygen sensor near to the catalytic convertor is thumb rule. Attaching a picture to to help you understand the probable locations. Also I believe there is a particular angle of installation, not sure of that though

My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete-oxygen-sensor.jpg

Attachment 340574

Last edited by manishalive : 30th April 2010 at 18:32.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

manish I see a magnaflow, care to share some details on the setup you are running under the hood ?
Old 30th April 2010, 19:53   #6
BHPian

Nice Mods Mi10 !.Can you share the costs and your experience @ Electra ? I've been getting mixed reviews. Did you get street specs ? Also MS or SS ? How's the 2- 3.5K RPM bands now after the install ?

Did you evaluate Hi-Rev ?

Thanks

Last edited by 2theMax : 30th April 2010 at 19:55.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:02   #7
BHPian

Aha...! This is interesting. Care to take a video and upload, you know to share the "rumble" .

A review on the FFE as Max requested please.
Old 1st May 2010, 02:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
O2 sensor setup on the exhaust manifold is wrong. It is getting feedback from only one cylinder. O2 sensor needs to be getting feedback from all cylinders.
this is a doubt thats been running in my mind for a very long time. had asked about this in another thread too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I would say Positioning the oxygen sensor near to the catalytic convertor is thumb rule. Attaching a picture to to help you understand the probable locations. Also I believe there is a particular angle of installation, not sure of that though
Will the distance affect the readings? As in, in a stock setup the sensor is very close to engine , in the mod its placed near the Cat, will the results be accurate? Please explain this clearly always wanted to know about this. thanks in advance
Old 1st May 2010, 09:05   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Nice Mods Mi10 !.Can you share the costs and your experience @ Electra ? I've been getting mixed reviews. Did you get street specs ? Also MS or SS ? How's the 2- 3.5K RPM bands now after the install ?

Did you evaluate Hi-Rev ?

Thanks
Thank you sir,
Cost including installation was close to 17K. I met Kamalesh there in Electra. As i was referred to him by a revered D-BHPian, he (Kamalesh) directly involved himself in this Installation. It was a good experience, atleast they answered most of my questions logically (I think so). I could'nt get any street Specs for now.
I wanted the Header assembly only with a Magnaflow End can, but Electra said their End can was specifically made for Swift that induces light back pressure. I think its a SS End can.

There is a definite surge (a much much improved one from stock) when you hit 2K RPM and it gradually increase and again a slight surge around 2.8K rpm all the way upto 3.5K RPM (probly slightly less than 3.5K). Its city driveability has increased. Now i can get the 3rd gear from as low as 20km to 100 km easily. Its the Mid range thats quite punchy now. Frequency of Gear shift has reduced now.

I did talk with guys at Hi-rev too. Was slightly pricey than Electras. Also Electra is about 3 KM from my house so went with it.

The Mobil 1 has really worked wonders to the whole set up. Very smooth and the clutch feels as though made out of fluid. It feels as though the car is full of life now. I am no longer taking the i10 these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Aha...! This is interesting. Care to take a video and upload, you know to share the "rumble" .

A review on the FFE as Max requested please.
True man, the rumble at the start and sound between 2K to 3.5K rpm is just Intoxicating. Somehow the sound is gone after 4K rpm, sound like Stock.
Will upload a video soon( or atleast an Audio file)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post

Will the distance affect the readings? As in, in a stock setup the sensor is very close to engine , in the mod its placed near the Cat, will the results be accurate? Please explain this clearly always wanted to know about this. thanks in advance

I dont have a Cat at all. So in that case how do i place the sensor. Also in Stock Setup where is the sensor placed ?

Last edited by Mi10 : 1st May 2010 at 09:10.
Old 1st May 2010, 09:40   #10
BHPian

@mi10 does this 17k include the cost of mobil1 or just the FFE alone ?
Old 1st May 2010, 10:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Very nice mods i must say but am i the only one who is surprised to find no conical filter in this cool setup?
Old 1st May 2010, 18:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Thank you sir,
I dont have a Cat at all. So in that case how do i place the sensor. Also in Stock Setup where is the sensor placed ?
In a stock setup the sensor is placed in the first chamber which is just below the header where all the outlets are combines

You have to place it in location where all the outlets meet.
Old 1st May 2010, 21:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrer View Post
@mi10 does this 17k include the cost of mobil1 or just the FFE alone ?
17K just for the FFE. Mobil 1 price is just under 4K

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Very nice mods i must say but am i the only one who is surprised to find no conical filter in this cool setup?
I had thought about a CAI, however felt might not be very good in long run (I reside in very dusty area). Might think about it after i get on with Stage 2 mods
Old 1st May 2010, 22:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Here is my Stage 1 complete Swift Vxi.
Tyres: 195/60/15 Apollo Accelre
Air Filter: K&N Stock Replacement filter
Exhaust: FFE including Headers from Electra
Good to know Electra is still into the 'modding' scene Are the headers stainless-steel or hard-chromed ? The Swift is a great car to take to the track, drove a stock one once (with stock 185 JKs on the Zxi) & was able to more than keep up with a 'Electra-fied' Stage-2 Lancer. The only problem I had was that at the limit it would just let go, you had little warning (a stripped-down Swift would make a great track car )

Quote:
Quote:
Can you guide me on how do we mount the Sensors ?. Should we have 4 Sensors then ? How does it look on a Stock Set up ?
There are 2 kinds of exhaust manifolds for the Swift (from 2007 onwards it was changed slightly & the part numbers are different). Anyway, the stock header is not tuned - you have tiny 'primaries', merging into a large 'secondary' (like a 4-1 design). The large 'secondary' houses the catalytic converter & the O2 sensor goes into a threaded bung just above the CAT.

I got my FFE done at Electra too (through SpeedWorks) & my header has the same O2 sensor placement (i.e. on one of the primaries). Which is why when I got a stainless-steel header from N1, I'd asked them to put the bung where the secondaries meet (they happily obliged).

Anyway, great car to be modding, looking forward to seeing the 'Stage-2' mods.

Last edited by im_srini : 1st May 2010 at 22:43.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the comments, Vikram.

The O2 sensor needs to placed at the junction where all the four pipes of the exhasut manifold meet so that it gets feedback from all four cylinders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I would say Positioning the oxygen sensor near to the catalytic convertor is thumb rule.
Manish, the thumb rule that you have stated is wrong. The O2 sensor needs to be as close as possible to the exhaust ports of the engine as the gases are the hottest over there and O2 sensors need to heat up quickly for them to function effectively. So the ideal place for the O2 sensor is as I have mentioned above. At the junction where all the four header pipes meet as close as possible to the engine exhaust ports.

In a stock petrol Swift setup the O2 sensor is exactly at this junction before the catcon "before" being the keyword here.

Last edited by vikram_d : 3rd May 2010 at 11:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks