Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2007, 14:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai

am looking to replace the fabric seats on my palio with leather / art leather. does anyone have any recommendations on where to go ?

budget arn 15k with labour etc

i have heard ppl recommending shops on gp road , is that the one after melody theatre with all the auto shops ?
Old 31st March 2007, 15:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are a few threads already discussing this.. Use the search option.. You will find it.

here is one
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...at-covers.html

Godfather
Old 31st March 2007, 16:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

thanks godfather but i did read quite a few threads and was hoping for some chennai specific info which was a bit limited.

have checked the stanley site and found that they have a showroom near KNK road.. will check it out and see what they have. in the meanwhile if any chennaites can point me to a few other places it'd be appreciated
Old 21st May 2007, 19:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
am looking to replace the fabric seats on my palio with leather / art leather. does anyone have any recommendations on where to go ?

budget arn 15k with labour etc

i have heard ppl recommending shops on gp road , is that the one after melody theatre with all the auto shops ?
you are right the gp road shops can give u leather seats but my brother said that if anyboby wants to buy something from gp road, they should know how to bargain or take their frnd who has some source there.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

For leather seats, check out Stanley Boutique on Khader Nawaz Khan road.

Art leather seat covers are available in G.P.Road. Another good place is
Gaylook on Peter's Road (a few shops after Saravana Bhavan Hotel on the same side). Cost me 4500 for my Baleno, some 1.5 years ago.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:30   #6
Senior - BHPian

There are plenty of shops in the city. You do not necessarily have to go to GP road. Even if you do, enquire in 4-5 shops before you decide on one. Art leathers cost me 3k for my esteem but it was a slip on type & did not fit nicely. A tight fit would cost around 5-6k, something like gsport etc. Pure leather will range between 12-25k. The tight fits are all made to order, so dont get cheated by readymade tight fits. Where do you stay ?
Old 27th May 2007, 13:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

sorry didnt notice that people had replied here . still havent checked out any shops yet . stay in mylapore so will check out stanley and see what they have as well as gaylook that supreme baleno recommended.

am looking for tight fit only so will look at the options and decide
Old 28th May 2007, 10:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Another good place is Gaylook on Peter's Road
OMG... Why is it called Gay Look
Old 28th May 2007, 11:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
OMG... Why is it called Gay Look
Yeah, adi, I knew this was coming. Before the term "gay" came to be associated with what we know it as today, I guess it had a meaning of "happy".
So gaylook = happy look. I guess that is what the owners had in mind.

Quoting from wikipedia,
"In contemporary usage, the adjective gay usually describes a person's sexual orientation. In earlier usage, the word meant "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy", though this usage is infrequent today.".
Old 28th May 2007, 17:29   #10
BHPian

bottle-if you willing to shell out 15k,its better to go for leather seats,art leather and chennai heat ............please avoid it.yeshwanth whose the manager at stanley, bangalore head office is a good friend of mine if you want me to talk to him about price regarding getting a discount i wouldnt mind, he might be able to call up chennai stanley put a word to them, pm me .
Old 16th June 2007, 12:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

just an update. i got a quote of 15k from stanley for seats alone . mix of leather (where ever there is body contact) and pvc . full leather is 19k . doors is 5k more

still not decided whether to go for it or not. maybe will wait a few months and decide. dads not happy about the fact that they remove the seat lining to install leather (in case ppl want original seats while selling :rollseyes
Old 16th June 2007, 16:15   #12
BHPian

Bottle, I might sell my recaro lookalikes anytime soon. Do Let me know if you are interested. I'm going in for custom made ones from Koyas.
Old 16th June 2007, 20:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the offer but am not looking to replace seats at the moment

btw can anyone suggest any good place to get good rubber floor mats ? most of the shops i checked have really cheap looking stuff
Old 17th June 2007, 00:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Try jeewajee & sons or car expressions in GP road/Woods road junction
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:56   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
bottle-if you willing to shell out 15k,its better to go for leather seats,art leather and chennai heat ............please avoid it.yeshwanth whose the manager at stanley, bangalore head office is a good friend of mine if you want me to talk to him about price regarding getting a discount i wouldnt mind, he might be able to call up chennai stanley put a word to them, pm me .
designation.. does art leather cause more heat / sweat than genuine leather?

am looking for seat covers for my Getz at Chennai. Initially thought of putting in fabric covers, but the designs available in the Hyundai showrooms are quite sad, g-sport wasnt looking good either..

any idea where I could find fabric covers like the ones that come from the factory with the car (sober design, thin stripes kind of design, not too colorful or jazzy)..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks