Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 20:36   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The reversing camera & parking sensor thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I am also planning to get the P835 for Vento but the dealer quote is just too high. So I am considering getting it online and getting it fitted at the dealer. Also with the new Vento the visual cues for the parkign sensors are gone, so there is no option but a reverse parking camera.

Can anyone here suggest a good license plate mounted camera which can be used with the P835 on a Vento?
I basically bought the camera along with the 835 from the authorized vendor (info I got from the facebook page). I do not recall the brand, but it was nothing fancy. It is the number plate mounted one and has been working pretty well for nearly two years now.

I have sent you a PM with the contact details of the authorized dealer here in Bangalore, you can check with him once on the prices
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 23:29   #602
BHPian

Guys, I've gone through all 601 posts above to see if any of you have experienced what I have with my Ford Classic, but it looks like no one has had his adhesive-mounted IRVM detach due to the additional weight of the snap-on camera/sensor display mirror. Mine, which was dealer-fitted at delivery, came off after about 17 months and after replacing the double-sided adhesive pad at the FASS, it came off again yesterday, within one month of replacing it.
I don't expect the dealer to do anything more than replace the adhesive pad again, making me pay for it, so I'm wondering, would it be possible to superglue the base directly onto the windscreen instead of using the adhesive pad that Ford supplies? If so, would it take the weight of the added mirror?
If this is not possible or advisable I'm thinking of making some sort of mounting to fix the mirror into the little depression in the centre of the dashboard, where it won't interfere with my forward view while driving.
So does anyone know if a superglue can be used here?
Old 28th August 2015, 21:46   #603
BHPian

I was looking for reverse parking sensor for my Dad's Jazz. It has camera but he is not used to it and need a sound for warning. I used autocop sensor 3 yrs back. Is there any new stuff available now.
Old 10th September 2015, 09:58   #604
BHPian

Hi

I am thinking of installing reverse parking sensors on my Figo. I asked at the dealership and they quoted Rs.3500 including installation charges. It has audio warning but no display of any kind. They said they don't install sensors purchased from outside. There are a few other service shops near my area but I don't know how reliable they are.

Does having a display offer any significant advantage or is audio warning sufficient? Are there any brands that you would recommend or can I go for the dealer provided one?
Old 10th September 2015, 10:02   #605
Senior - BHPian

Not at all.. A display does nothing! Audible feedback is perfectly ok. You can opt for a reverse camera if you want visual feedback.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 09:28   #606
BHPian

Got installed the sensors on my City yesterday from Honda showroom. They just had 2 models, one the sensors and the other the IRVM mounted camera monitor with sensor. The brand they said is Autocop, but couldnt find anywhere the name printed and the bill says its Minda make :(
It has a small display which shows the distance and a very loud voice instructing when to stop the vehicle. Satisfied with the installation, which was top notch.
dre@ms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 15:23   #607
BHPian

The reverse parking kit installed in my alto k10 is from P8. http://www.amritrasindia.com/parking...ing_sensor.php

One of the coolest gadgets in my car, this P8 reverse parking kit comes with a waterproof CMOS camera and 4 parking sensors. The supplied IRVM is a clip-on type that mounts on the stock IRVM. Wider than the stock mirror, it came in the way of one of the sun visors and I had to patiently adjust it sideways till I found the sweet spot. This mirror has an integrated TFT screen that turns on when I put the gear in Reverse. The display shows the camera view with good colour reproduction and brightness, although daytime visibility isn’t really great, and a distance reading in metre. A speaker is also part of the unit which was installed at the back of the car, it gives out a voice warning if an object is too close to the rear.
Old 22nd November 2015, 16:29   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakyaBHP View Post
A few days back i made a video of a car rear view monitor and a color night vision reverse camera. I picked the set up off ebay.in for less than 4k. Here is a short (15 min) video review of it.

I have recently also added ultrasonic parking sensors too. I will make a similar video for them really soon.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=i7b3IBxueWk
Thanks for the elaborate video. I'm planning on getting specifically this. I had a few questions.
1. Can the Pronto/ Worldtech (looks the same http://www.snapdeal.com/product/worl...-screen/651304) unit be mounted on the dash instead? I'm afraid of losing the prism to deflect blinding rear lights in the stock IRVM.
2. Will it connect to this rear camera + reversing radar? http://www.snapdeal.com/product/alri...ing/1185922244 or do you recommend the only-camera that you used?
On another note, I don't understand why the sellers don't show an installed view of their products. Would have served as answers to FAQs in a big way.
wizardofid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 23:58   #609
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used this type of sensor + camera? Where can I get one in Bangalore?
Attached Thumbnails
The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-image.jpeg  

Old 13th December 2015, 00:05   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Has anyone used this type of sensor + camera? Where can I get one in Bangalore?
Should be easily available in the accessory shops. It's a pretty popular one at least in terms of availability.
It's also available off eBay.in or other e-commerce sites for that matter.
Old 14th December 2015, 22:55   #611
BHPian

I'm looking for a camera + gridlines type setup for my older model innova (2008) . Any suggestions?
Old 21st December 2015, 22:58   #612
BHPian

I have a 2014 Innova GX variant. I have an after market reverse camera installed in one of the lights above the number plate. Unfortunately it has a very narrow field of vision and isn't of much help. I was wondering if I can procure the OEM reverse camera available on the V variant. Any pointers / suggestions would be welcome.
Old 25th December 2015, 10:49   #613

Has anyone installed front view camera ?? I need guidance.
I face problem in roadside parking, unseen big stones or pavements often scrap my front bumper specially in dark, may be my short stature contributing to that.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:16   #614
BHPian

I am planning to install a rear camera + parking sensor combo on my Manza Quadrajet. Would be glad for suggestions on good models available. Can the display be routed to a 2 DIN Touchscreen DVD player (Pioneer) ?

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:19   #615
Senior - BHPian

The reversing camera & parking sensor thread-tpt4042304a_20140424031635262.jpg
I have found this "Electromagnetic Reverse Sensor" on ebay. No holes have to be drilled in the bumper for this.

I want to know if anybody has any usage feedback, before I order it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks