New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-dsc00888.jpg  

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-dsc01048.jpg  

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-dsc01049.jpg  

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-dsc01050.jpg  

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-dsc01051.jpg  

New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM-dsc01053.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2009, 01:27   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Great pics Akki, the new Laura is quite a step up from the old. Skoda has done justice to the "facelift" tag.

From the interiors it's like a baby superb. The leather,dials,gear level,steering,etc are very similar to the superb.

Btw, how much did the RTO charge you for that number?
Old 22nd October 2009, 03:30   #18
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Great pics Akki, the new Laura is quite a step up from the old. Skoda has done justice to the "facelift" tag.

From the interiors it's like a baby superb. The leather,dials,gear level,steering,etc are very similar to the superb.

Btw, how much did the RTO charge you for that number?
Yeah, it is the baby Superb. I was on the verge of getting the Superb but had to back out because of the 3+ months waiting period. Though I did a couple of TDs of the Superb and found it a little too long for daily use in the 'burbs. The Laura was the best choice for me in all domains.
Got the number for Rs.8500/-

Last edited by Akki_5 : 22nd October 2009 at 03:32.
Old 22nd October 2009, 12:34   #19
BHPian

Akki congrats!! the car looks great. But a car this segment they should definately thrown in steering audio controls and maybe a sunroof too. Does it have power driver seat?

What was the on road price for this beauty?

Last edited by lancer80 : 22nd October 2009 at 12:36.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:54   #20

Thank you.
No power seats even for the driver.
Cost about 17L OTR Thane Individual Reg. Corporate would have been 18+ L.
A downside with the interiors is they get very (i mean very) dirty! Hard to keep all that beige clean.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Akki:Seems to be you had a very peaceful journey with SKODA A.S.S for five years & then willing to continue the same again.Congrats, you a darn lucky bloke there.
From which showroom did you buy your Octavia & Laura?

Yes reminds me of a baby superb. Looks more elegant in white.
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:42   #22

thank you.
but Octavia is definitely a very well built car. though i cant say the same for the Laura as the platforms are completely different. but i just hope this car too behaves well through it's life.
got the Octavia from JMD Mumbai.
Laura is from AutoBahn Mumbai.
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
thank you.
but Octavia is definitely a very well built car. though i cant say the same for the Laura as the platforms are completely different. but i just hope this car too behaves well through it's life.
got the Octavia from JMD Mumbai.
Laura is from AutoBahn Mumbai.
I think Octavia is still by far Skoda's most reliable vehicle. We've never had any issues with our Octavia till date. Too bad it's been totaled.
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:06   #24
BHPian

Nice pictures. She is a marvel to drive, I've heard. Hope you have a great time with her, and hope SKoda's service improves.
Old 8th March 2010, 04:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Any updates?

How is your Laura doing? Have you faced any problems?
Old 8th March 2010, 07:59   #26
BHPian

Nice car and nice pics. How has been your experience with the Laura so far. I mean regarding the A.S.S and the car by itself. I am planning to but a Laura TDI AT but was looking at the L&K version as it has all the goodies. Currently have an SX4 ZXI. Also waiting for the Jetta CRDI engines to be launched and the pricing. But the Jetta interiors look a bit gloomy and am really attracted to the wooden finish interiors in Laura. Till then Keep riding safe.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:33   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

@Akki_5,
Since you also have an Octy alongwith Laura, you are the guy who can help me.
I have also been using the Octy 1.8Tpi and now bought the new Laura 1.8Tsi.

I see that the lumbar support in the new Laura is not as good as the one in Octy.
It does not inflate or deflate as fully (the support depth as well as the curvature height). When I took it to the dealer for fixing this, they shpwed me all the new Lauras they had in the workshop and stock and also the TD car and all of us (including the dealer staff) sadly found that the lumbar support is nothing compared to what Octy has!

I met the service manager to see if the Octy seats (or the seat backs) can be retrofitted, but he said it would be worth complaining to Skoda as this clearly appears to be design/manufacturing flaw. I registered on www.briskoda.org - only to find that all UK owners are also complaining...some of them think that Skoda got it wrong with the RHD version! I don't think that's right. The front seats (including the lumbar support spring, cable and knob) are the same irrspective of RHD/LHD design.

Can you check your Octy and Laura and confirm what you find?
Old 8th March 2010, 11:19   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
@Akki_5,
Since you also have an Octy alongwith Laura, you are the guy who can help me.
I have also been using the Octy 1.8Tpi and now bought the new Laura 1.8Tsi.

I see that the lumbar support in the new Laura is not as good as the one in Octy.
It does not inflate or deflate as fully (the support depth as well as the curvature height). When I took it to the dealer for fixing this, they shpwed me all the new Lauras they had in the workshop and stock and also the TD car and all of us (including the dealer staff) sadly found that the lumbar support is nothing compared to what Octy has!

I met the service manager to see if the Octy seats (or the seat backs) can be retrofitted, but he said it would be worth complaining to Skoda as this clearly appears to be design/manufacturing flaw. I registered on www.briskoda.org - only to find that all UK owners are also complaining...some of them think that Skoda got it wrong with the RHD version! I don't think that's right. The front seats (including the lumbar support spring, cable and knob) are the same irrspective of RHD/LHD design.

Can you check your Octy and Laura and confirm what you find?

Oops...just realized that you have the old Laura...
Old 15th March 2010, 23:47   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Any updates?

How is your Laura doing? Have you faced any problems?
Laura is doing good. Done 13000+ kms. Been 8 months.
No complaints whatsoever (except for the pathetic mileage this car is returning!)
Overall a very good package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshdamle View Post
Nice car and nice pics. How has been your experience with the Laura so far. I mean regarding the A.S.S and the car by itself. I am planning to but a Laura TDI AT but was looking at the L&K version as it has all the goodies. Currently have an SX4 ZXI. Also waiting for the Jetta CRDI engines to be launched and the pricing. But the Jetta interiors look a bit gloomy and am really attracted to the wooden finish interiors in Laura. Till then Keep riding safe.
If you don't do a lot of driving, i'd suggest you get the Superb 1.8TSI instead of L&K. When i had to book my car, i had to choose between these two. However, the Superb had a 3 and 1/2 month waiting period while Laura was ready delivery. I couldn't wait that long. Another issue was the Superb's length. I wanted a small car for urban driving. The Superb, being just a little short compared to the E, would have been a pain to drive in the burbs. When i checked the prices, the Superb 1.8 was just a little over a lakh more expensive than the L&K 2.0 Hence, i chose the Elegance. Had i booked the L&K, i would have always had that guilt of not paying a lakh more and got the superbly well-packed a segment higher Superb! Agree with you that the Jetta interiors are pretty dull compared to the new Laura. Same for the Cruze. IMO, with respect to interiors Cruze < Jetta < New Laura.
If you do a lot of urban driving, pick the AT. Skoda MTs are a pain to drive in traffic jams. My Octy has given a fair share of left-foot pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Oops...just realized that you have the old Laura...
LOL. What makes you say that? I guess you missed the pictures, the thread title and my signature. Infact, mine was the first Facelift Laura on T-BHP.
Agree with you completely about the lumbar support. The Octy has much better lumbar support than the Laura. But, since, it doesn't matter a lot to me, i chose to neglect that fact.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that your Laura isnt giving you much trouble.I thought the mileage would be good because its a diesel! How pathetic is the mileage anyway?

Last edited by aparth : 16th March 2010 at 00:58.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks