Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 15:31   #181
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic news ADC. I am loving it. How does the new engine feel. You did 80kms run and how is the handling and gear box feeling.
Old 9th December 2009, 15:50   #182
v&v
Senior - BHPian

ADC good to know that the beast is on road. How is the beast behaving with the new heart ?
My best wishes for another round of long trips and great travelogue.

v&V
Old 9th December 2009, 18:09   #183
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
@adc : Good that your TMT is ready to come back home now.As discussed on phone keep in touch with the TM person handling your case.Every OEM Service personnel have some budget in their hand to help customers in situations like yours.I am sure your share of the bill would be considerably reduced than 14K.

Enjoy your TMT with a new heart. Shantanu
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
ADC, good to know that VTT is finally back to the condition it should be. Really, it is a great relief to several of those enthusiastic safari owners who stretched their budget to a segment higher, to put their hands behind that wonderful wheel. With all your "off the track' kind of trips to less traveled places, you have been an inspiration for all of us 2wd owners. Hope everything will be back to normal very soon.
Wishing you many miles of same passionate driving ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Fantastic news ADC. I am loving it. How does the new engine feel. You did 80kms run and how is the handling and gear box feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
ADC good to know that the beast is on road. How is the beast behaving with the new heart ?
My best wishes for another round of long trips and great travelogue.

v&V
Thanks all for those wonderful words. The VTT passed the test drive without a hitch. The gearbox was smooth and sureshot as it was [afterall gear box was not opened or at all touched], the engine was all smooth with just a tad bit of strain or roughness if you rev quite fast at gears, just like a completely new engine has - it should go away by 2-3k km. Also did not push the engine too much at the high speeds, just a one or two short burts of 100-120 kmph speed.

As such all good and perfect as it was.

Receieved a call this late afternoon from the service manager at this TASC that TM as a goodwill measure has communicated to them they are taking up all the costs except the engine oil, filter and some minor costs and the cost has come down from 14 k to Rs 2854. TM has just done that on their own and did not even bargain or said anything to them. I was just communicated of this cost today itself by the TASC service manager.

So the final bill as per the telephonic conversation with the TASC
Towing charges: Rs 1550+550= Rs 2100
Bill from TM for engine and turbo replacement Rs 2854 [engine oil+filter+etc]

The TASC has also by their goodwill jesture has done a complete coolant change, disc brake set up and check, rear suspension check free and have not charged any labour or materials or anything.

So, I bring this issue to a closure tomorrow and take delivery of the vehicle, one has to appreciate and acknowledge the fanastic response and the way they have gone even much more than the extra mile to set things into order.

Kudos to the TM customer fellows and this TASC here with their absolutely critical support when it was most needed.

I Will update tomorrow again as I get the VTT back [will go for a test drive again] and settle the bill.

Last edited by adc : 9th December 2009 at 18:17.
Old 9th December 2009, 20:07   #184
Senior - BHPian

Thats really good new. Congrats on having the TMT back where it belongs.

And the way and at the speed with which Tata Motors has responded to this issue has amazed me beyond anything.
My faith has been strengthened to the core.

Congrats again!!!
Old 9th December 2009, 20:15   #185
Senior - BHPian

Congrats ADC for "TMT Refreshed" .

Nice to know the kind gesture from Tata motors. Even I had a similar experience, when TASS charged about 350/- extra for a missing relay which should have been covered under warranty. I spoke to TML customer manager in Pune and they have agreed to adjust the amount in my next service bill.

As Harjeev says, it really affirms my faith in Tata. Way to go

-BJ
Old 10th December 2009, 10:29   #186
Senior - BHPian

so finally after agonizing 1 month and seeing your TMT's heart laying on the floor and now getting a new heart transplant might have given you a big relief. Kudos to TATA's
Old 10th December 2009, 12:03   #187
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
My faith has been strengthened to the core.

Congrats again!!!
Absolutely, and a whole lot of congrats for you too for the Gypsy - the old thing out now in that 4wd lineups in the Safari VTT itself!

Ah! when do I get a 4wd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I spoke to TML customer manager in Pune and they have agreed to adjust the amount in my next service bill.

As Harjeev says, it really affirms my faith in Tata. Way to go

-BJ
Thanks much, this extreme case just about made mighty sure that things do work in their customer service department - they had done what they had to do [engine+turbo replacement] - plus till as I know now they have also taken up almost all of the legitimate bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
so finally after agonizing 1 month and seeing your TMT's heart laying on the floor and now getting a new heart transplant might have given you a big relief. Kudos to TATA's
Shishir it is always great to see your posts often enquiring for the past month, a kind of support and empathy that you had - Now why do I see you as Banned suddenly as I finished writing up this post - and this ain't funny. Hope to see your posts soon again as the lockdown times expires.

Last edited by adc : 10th December 2009 at 12:16.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:04   #188
BHPian

Congrats adc on getting back the safari and waiting to see more of your travelogues which I have thoroughly enjoyed in the past.
Old 10th December 2009, 21:00   #189
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Congrats adc on getting back the safari and waiting to see more of your travelogues which I have thoroughly enjoyed in the past.
IR thanks much, Safari has been reclaimed from the TASC and back at the house.

Engine sounded more sweeter today, absolutely smooth, though very careful not to strain it in the gears.

Okay let us go over the costs [all with VAT]:

1. Bare Engine ------------------ 1,34,178.00

2. Turbocharger ------------------ 46,111.52

3. Engine overall Gasket kit --------- 7822.45

4. Assy Fuel pressure line x4 --------1994.24

5. Assy pressure line pump to rail --- 1207.16

6. Gasket[thermostat housing ] ----- 13.89

7. Gasket intake - Manifold -------- 220.67

8. Gasket -exhaust manifold -------- 110.34

9. Hose clip, large ------------------ 49.04

10. Diesel engine oil --------------- 1473.30

11. Oil filter ----------------------- 148.75

12. Anabond 666T [25 g] ----------- 76.83

13. Transaxle oil EP80 HPCL ---------156.40

14. Thanda Raja Coolant ------------710.24

Labour charges:

15. Engine dismantle and assembly -- 4480

16. TVS Tow All India membership for 1 year-- 550

17. Tow charges -----------------------1500

Total cost with labour: Rs 2,09,446

[Standard checks of rear suspension, bush, and front discs and rear brake check and cleaning along with washing, vaccuming, and rubbing done free by TASC]

Cleared the bill of Rs 5179 - engine oil, tow charges and etc.

Back at home and the 4 year old rushes out, first thing he says "Safari is back, everyone is happy, accha hai! [this courtesy of watching the Oggy cartoon on Nick]. And Of course, he also asked about whether we are going out for a overnight tour today itself.

So thats it then, the saga comes to the end. Most probably things should and will be back to normal as it was.

Last edited by adc : 10th December 2009 at 21:19.
Old 10th December 2009, 21:13   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

For info to all: spoke to adc last night, and I could literally hear him grinning from ear to ear with the excitement of getting TMT back with a clean bill of health and a brand new heart! He wasn't even this happy the day he was married or even the day he became dad!!!

@ adc: Congratulations once again!
Old 10th December 2009, 21:47   #191
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
For info to all: spoke to adc last night, and I could literally hear him grinning from ear to ear with the excitement of getting TMT back with a clean bill of health and a brand new heart! He wasn't even this happy the day he was married or even the day he became dad!!!

Ha ha! It sure is a relief to get over this episode - you should have seen my wife [it was like 2012 for her that day!] when she heard like a huge bill is headed our way -- the first few initial days.

And here exactly one has to hand it over to Tata Motors - the absolute lightning fast reply and checkup and resolution of the issues.

And all said and done, still today before I checked out of the TASC, went to see the orginal 35k km engine for the last time - ready to be disposed off as salvage - it was a fantastic one - never did it miss a beat, never a check engine light, never an aberrant FE report, absolutely clean and sludge free when opened up.

And Cmmon! Let me dispute the marriage and dad joys with this one, but definitely Safari has slowly made itself an integral part of our life [this pic says that http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-img_1932e.jpg ] - after all it had gone through all types of situations, roads, trails, mountains, streams and got us 3 of us back safe and sound each and every time - definitely critical with the vulnerability that one always has when one travels to remote areas with family.

Anyway again, all's well that ends well. And definitely I do not want any more of this kind of situations and then feel like everything has been set right after that. These kind of situations are absolutely best avoided - new engine/turbo notwithstanding.

Last edited by adc : 10th December 2009 at 21:56.
Old 11th December 2009, 08:26   #192
BHPian

@adc: So the nightmare is over and life is normal once again.

We await your next travelogue eagerly.

Shantanu
Old 11th December 2009, 09:35   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Okay let us go over the costs [all with VAT]:

10. Diesel engine oil --------------- 1473.30

11. Oil filter ----------------------- 148.75
ADC, are you sure on the VAT prices of the material above ?
If your prices are true and correct, then we in Pune are being fleeced.

Have a look at my BILL here
Old 11th December 2009, 10:47   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Ha ha! It sure is a relief to get over this episode -

And here exactly one has to hand it over to Tata Motors - the absolute lightning fast reply and checkup and resolution of the issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
All is well that end well. SS-Traveller has put it quite succinctly

As I had once commented somewhere - TM is like a monolith. It takes considerable effort to get them going, but once they are in motion - they are like a Jaggernaut - practically unstoppable.

TM has reinforced my belief in them and it has made my decision to go in for another TM vehicle (after my Sierra) look like a VERY good decision.

Congratulations are in order to ADC and TML for the very mature way in which they complimented each other resulting a very happy customer (ADC) and lot of public support and good wishes for TML.

Last edited by kingshukt : 11th December 2009 at 10:54.
Old 11th December 2009, 12:53   #195
Team-BHP Support

Congrats ADC. Now waiting for you to entertain us with some lovely travelogues and last but not the least, kudos to TATA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks