Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 09:17   #706
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

Sorry to hear about it. As everyone know % of quality issues more in TATA vehicles, thats why many of TATA vehicle owners get very good ownership experience and online auto forums get very good hits as well. Auto Forums should thank TATA for giving good business LOL

So patience and luck are key factor If we want to own it. If we are one among those unlucky group we get LEMON.

Try to build more patience level and we are all with you and best wishes. I hope you will find solution at the end of the day.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 16th March 2009 at 09:20.
Old 16th March 2009, 09:29   #707
Senior - BHPian

Heard of it but sad that someone I know got it.

What is the Tata says your TASS screwed up the vehicle ? I was wondering how good your TASS is now. They would have done tyre rotation atleast twice by now right? And if so, wont it be their fault about the tight nuts?

Glad India isnt a free country as US; we dont carry guns like them. If it was me, I would have had some empty shells by now.
Old 16th March 2009, 09:47   #708
adc
Senior - BHPian

Aaare what!!

Thats the worst, thought you were finally behind all these and having a big time out there.

And here we go next week for a 1.5-year ownership celebration journey to another remote part of India with a first lot trouble free VTT.

Can you put up a picture of that cooler pipe that bent? Too much tinkering has gone into that VTT

TSk VTT is now a certified lemon, analyse the situation and whats the desperado plan - battle ready your lawyer clan?

Last edited by adc : 16th March 2009 at 09:53.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:21   #709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
If anyone senior from Tata Motors is reading this thread, there will be only ONE conclusion that he will come to:
For one person complaining, there are five defending TM and are so forgiving!
Where's the need to change anything?

Maybe this is the reason we are saddled with such home grown Makers. We're not even clear or united in what we should get and deserve after spending a million!
Anup sir, I absolutely agree. Wonderful post.

We need to force them to change. And do our bit in doing so.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:41   #710
Senior - BHPian

Jesus, my worst nightmare - stranded up in the mountains with no connectivity

Were there absolutely no symptoms of overheating (I'm guessing you would have opened up the bonnet)? And wasn't the coolant etc topped up before your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
They would have done tyre rotation atleast twice by now right? And if so, wont it be their fault about the tight nuts?
They use the electric openers. Most cases, that is what leads to extremely tight nuts/bolts. Jay's method is the best one to employ, particularly before long trips.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:46   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
Sorry to hear about that, could you please specify if yours is 2007 + DIcor 2.2 4X4

Regards
Mine is Dicor 2006 and is not 2 WD.

Safari is marred with problems and we do not have any other option besides Safari at tht price tag.

It looks handsome and their we got to give it the points, even after being this old in design it still looks gr8!
Old 16th March 2009, 10:52   #712
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
We need to force them to change. And do our bit in doing so.
Yes all can do that bit by writing back to TM management - always believed that T-Bhp should be more proactive regarding lemon issues faced by members.

Anyway, but if all go over here saying that all Safari 2.2s are lemons coming out of a big lemon factory, thats where the majority who are having a trouble free Safari 2.2 will come back with a reply.

So, again, dont generalise. That doesnt mean that whatever be our ride, we dont empathize or sympathize with TSK. Dont even insinuate that some are feeling more sorry for TSK by going ballastic on all SAfari 2.2s.

And in fact out in this thread, these are all off topic discussion, after that post of dadu - Create another thread like "why after reading this thread made me not buy a Nano" or "what wisdom a Tata dealer whispered in my ears"

There are too many false prophets of doom, so again, to spread the gloom create a thread and that would fit over there and carry with the reasoning.

And if people are serious about making things work out for TSK, then write back to TM management, I may just do that once TSK comes back with a clarification and how satisfied[!!] now is with the repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
At the same time I would not want to assume that competitors in the category provide better products, since there arent any options to choose from.
Yes thats correct, no one gives me 205 mm of ground clearence, a steel plate engine guard, the big comfort and a 160 kmph high speed stability at 7.27 L ex-Calcutta price.

Steeroid has beautifully laid it out here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post1214466

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Auto Forums should thank TATA for giving good business LOL
ha, ha, thats good, also helps the members, including me, on a workless Monday morning to increase the post-age - a newbie gets metamorphosed to a bhpian, a bhpian aspires to be S-bhpian, and etc.

Last edited by adc : 16th March 2009 at 11:11.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:55   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Mine is Dicor 2006 and is not 2 WD.

Safari is marred with problems and we do not have any other option besides Safari at tht price tag.

It looks handsome and their we got to give it the points, even after being this old in design it still looks gr8!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
If Toyota can give me a 4x4 with equivalent power space and mile munching cruising and 4x4 ability and service support with warranty for around the same price as the Safari Ex 4x4 then im ready to switch.
Though I think it will be a long time before such a dream can be turned to reality. Atleast 2-3 yrs.
We, in India honestly have no REAL options.
Looking back, it was a similar analysis that prompted Tanveer to buy his and ditto for me.
You may choose to wait for Christmas.
So the bottom line is mostly ppl brought safari coz they were not able to find a good looking beast in this price range.And to be honest I was also zeroing on the safari due to these precise reasons.Good looks,comfort and the right price.

But now I guess spending the right price while buying plus the countless TASC trips not to mention the moolah coughed up for each vist and then the horrifying experience of getting betrayed by your SUV in the middle of nowhere sums it all up.
Better spend 4 to 5 Lacs xtra and get a Ford Endeavour or a used Terracan.
At least you will have what they call the peace of mind.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:57   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Khoobsoorat Par DaghaBaaz Biwi! Nahin Bhai Nahin!
Old 16th March 2009, 11:05   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Khoobsoorat Par DaghaBaaz Biwi! Nahin Bhai Nahin!
Khoobsoorati hamesha daghaa nahin karti hai dost....
Yeh to hum hain jo khoobsoorati ko samajh hi nahin paye..
Kyon miyan.. ho jaye

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th March 2009 at 12:15. Reason: English is the preferred language in TBHP, if unavoidable post a translation along. Thanks
Old 16th March 2009, 11:25   #716
Senior - BHPian

Well the moot point here and for which Tata should be rightfully blasted is why compromise on the quality of engine ancillary parts. While the engine may have all the technology in the world and may be the most reliable thing in the world, a small sub standard part like a rubber pipe can spoil it all... is it too dificult to understand for Tata?
Seeing it in larger scheme of things, the fault per se isnt a big one in TSK's case, i mean its just a bent pipe which restricted the flow of the coolant causing the engine to warm up but the end result made it a showstopper. I fully empathize with tanveer here. Its about time Tata starts to take things more seriously.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:32   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu€iFer View Post
Better spend 4 to 5 Lacs xtra and get a Ford Endeavour or a used Terracan.
Only 4 to 5 lacs extra for an Endeavour?!!! Make that 8 to 10 lacs now.......
Old 16th March 2009, 11:40   #718
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Well the moot point here and for which Tata should be rightfully blasted is why compromise on the quality of engine ancillary parts. While the engine may have all the technology in the world and may be the most reliable thing in the world, a small sub standard part like a rubber pipe can spoil it all... is it too dificult to understand for Tata?
Absolutely, agree to this word to word.

Can someone [dadu or tsk] put up a snap of that rubber pipe as we travel next week and would be at least 2 days away from the nearest TASC.

As for the running to TASS for Safari 2.2s, dont know from my side, have visited them once out of routine till now in 1.5 years - service history is there in the LTOR thread. In fact, the service managers from 3 states concur to say that the 2.2s are less troublesome than the 3.0s!!!

But, as said, all these big talk about engine reliability goes down the drain if the ancillary parts fail - thats Tata's sole responsibility - for the customer not the third party provider.

Again, too much tinkering has gone into that Safari - lets see how TSK goes about after the repair.

Last edited by adc : 16th March 2009 at 11:46.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:50   #719
Team-BHP Support

Yes jay, the spanner is horrible!
I intend to buy a proper spanner like the ones Truck drivers have.
This spanner is the same given in small cars, and I wonder what were Tata guys thinking when they gave such a measly horrible spanner for such a huge truck.
Old 16th March 2009, 12:04   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
tsk1979 : Yes jay, the spanner is horrible!
I intend to buy a proper spanner like the ones Truck drivers have.
This spanner is the same given in small cars, and I wonder what were Tata guys thinking when they gave such a measly horrible spanner for such a huge truck.
More than the spanner - were the lugs tightened last with a machine ?

It is more likely that the lugs were over-tightened. I have easily swapped a tyre on the Sumo, with the stock spanner. But on the Ikon, which has alloys - the lugs were so tight that I could not remove them even after :

1. Using the longer Sumo wheel spanner.
2. Using a Stanley wrench, with an extender
3. Using the four-side / four-size '+' type wheel spanner that the puncture shop guys have.

Suggest you do what I am going to do now : get a length of pipe to extend the spanner's handle. Keep one such pipe in the Sumo & the Ikon, now on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks