Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 14:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

I for one really appreciate your diligence in keeping a tab on running and service costs. Service costs per km are reasonable and perhaps cheap for such a car. Perhaps since you know your dealer so well, you can ask them to clean the car in a better way than they do on a routine basis (clean up the mess left by the service guys).
Old 24th February 2009, 19:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I for one really appreciate your diligence in keeping a tab on running and service costs. Service costs per km are reasonable and perhaps cheap for such a car. Perhaps since you know your dealer so well, you can ask them to clean the car in a better way than they do on a routine basis (clean up the mess left by the service guys).
Thanks.

Keeping tabs is a habit from my Indica days. Now it is for all the vehicles that I have. I know what I have spent and is readily available for comparison.

Cleaning is one thing which is nicely done in my visits to the service centre (Honda).

My Initial 25000kms in my Marina saw a maintenace of just Rs 5123.17.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
Cleaning is one thing which is nicely done in my visits to the service centre (Honda).
Of course, cleaning is done. But its intensity and thoroughness can be increased through your personal relationships with the Honda dealer.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:11   #79
Senior - BHPian

Service schedule

Hi,

Quote:
Of course, cleaning is done. But its intensity and thoroughness can be increased through your personal relationships with the Honda dealer.
Well, I have no contacts there except the lady who books the services who is familiar with me. More so because I run a textile shop whose name is quite well known. Other than that I don't even opt for a particular service provider. I take whoever is allotted to me.

Interstingly while going through the warranty booklet, I cam across a 3 year 80000kms warranty for emissions and a separate list of parts that are covered which included even the petrol tank.

The service section still keeps tab on service with a 3 month / 5000 kms interval and call me. But the book says otherwise.

My new CVT - ownership experience-cvtmaint11.jpg

Paradoxically the filter is changed only every 10000kms thouugh oil change is every 5000kms. Interestingly the coolant change is only after 200000kms or 10 years!

My new CVT - ownership experience-cvtmaint21.jpg

Brake fluid change is every 3 years (independant of distance)

After my last service on 16/01/2009, I have already done 3110kms.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I have no contacts there except the lady who books the services who is familiar with me. More so because I run a textile shop whose name is quite well known. Other than that I don't even opt for a particular service provider. I take whoever is allotted to me.
Ideally, good service ethics should be institutionalised (as so many claim that Honda has done that) so that you will get the same high standard of service regardless of who does your service. However, even in such a case, I have found that being on good and courteous terms with your service advisor helps a lot. Also, getting your car serviced by the same advisor.
Old 25th February 2009, 18:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Ideally, good service ethics should be institutionalised (as so many claim that Honda has done that) so that you will get the same high standard of service regardless of who does your service.
I would rate the Toyota service at Ernakulam (Kochi) a little higher than the Honda. This is personal experience as I have gone for the services personally (both are about 55kms from home and driver has school and house duty. The rating is higher as Toyota has a one hour quick service and they used to give it back by 2 hours. The Honda's quick service took 3 hours. In the Toyota's case, for 30 minutes, the Innova was where I left it. In Honda's case it was almost an hour before it went in.

The Toyota lounge seats more than 20 where as the Honda one is crowded with more than 7 people. Both are air conditioned and do provide refreshments. The Toyota lounge has a full length glass window enabling customers to watch most of the process and intercoms to interact with the service personnel. The Honda lounge does have a window looking into the service section, but what purpose it serves is still alien to me.

Quote:
However, even in such a case, I have found that being on good and courteous terms with your service advisor helps a lot. Also, getting your car serviced by the same advisor.
I never had the good fortune of repeating my advisors, but so far have no regrets as to the work.

Then except for a metallic click while on bad roads from somewhere on the right tyre well area, no complaints have been made. Though the service advisor did not tell me what it was, he said he has found it out and since it needs time he would do it when I can leave it for a day or two. Since it has not increased or changed, I have left it for the time being.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

CVT service 30000kms

Hi,

Posting this a little late.

On April 1st, 2009 I did my 30000kms service for my CVT with the odometer reading 29971 kms.

This again was booked as a 'quick service'. The appointment was at 8 and the delivery as promised was at 12.

My new CVT - ownership experience-cvt30000service_medium.jpg

On 25/04/2009, I had been again to the service centre for replacing a right door mirror glass. It was Rs 408.00 inclusive of labour and taxes. Took exactly 25 minutes which included all paper work just like a regular service.

With the above, my maintenance expenses stands at Rs 11593 about Re 0.36 per km. The last tank full was at 31896kms. The total fuel consumed so far has been 2404.72 litres valued at Rs 115654.54. The per km running cost stands at Rs 3.63 and the average daily running is 55 kms.

Overall mileage is 13.26 kpl (AC on always).
Old 27th April 2009, 21:21   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi @trrk,

Wheel bearing failure at 30,000KM????
Old 29th April 2009, 13:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Hi @trrk,
Wheel bearing failure at 30,000KM????
I actually did not have any complaints. It was reported by the service advisor and changed under warranty.

Maybe road conditions?
Old 30th April 2009, 02:13   #85
BHPian

hi,
do you get a sort of burning smell with ac set to circulate and flooring the car on s mode sometimes?
my old cvt is doing that once in 5 times maybe. any suggestions?
Old 30th April 2009, 19:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
hi,
do you get a sort of burning smell with ac set to circulate and flooring the car on s mode sometimes?
my old cvt is doing that once in 5 times maybe. any suggestions?
No suggestions from my side as I am not experienced in Hondas / CVTs.

I have not got any burning smell the few times I have used the S mode. more than overtaking / accelerating, I have used the S mode more for engine braking.

But around 65-70kph, there is a light whistling / humming noise. I always forget to mention this during service as it can be heard only when tyre noise does not intrude in very good roads and the AC blower is on the slowest of speeds.
Old 30th April 2009, 20:37   #87
BHPian

engine braking ?
why not L mode?
Old 1st May 2009, 19:33   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
engine braking ?
why not L mode?
L is really low. I have never got into a situation where I needed L for slowing, S was enough. The only one time when I needed all my wits (and God's grace) to stop in time, my wits never helped me and I jammed the brakes. Never used even S mode for engine braking, God's grace must have helped as I managed to stop without going out of the line or hitting the truck who was taking a right in a median gap on NH7. He never thought it is wise to show a signal before doing so! Well, it was not his problem anyway as I had to work not to hit him.
Old 2nd May 2009, 22:05   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

L is really low. I have never got into a situation where I needed L for slowing, S was enough. The only one time when I needed all my wits (and God's grace) to stop in time, my wits never helped me and I jammed the brakes. Never used even S mode for engine braking, God's grace must have helped as I managed to stop without going out of the line or hitting the truck who was taking a right in a median gap on NH7. He never thought it is wise to show a signal before doing so! Well, it was not his problem anyway as I had to work not to hit him.
thank goodness you managed to stop in time. i have found the brakes on a nhc-cvt to be weaker as compared to my old nhc-exi. maybe it is linked to engine speed...dunno. however the brakes on the new city are fantastic, abs being the reason i guess.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:45   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
i have found the brakes on a nhc-cvt to be weaker as compared to my old nhc-exi. maybe it is linked to engine speed...
I came to a petrol (and an automatic) after a long stint with diesels. I don't feel the CVT brakes are bad, but the forward thrust due to the engine speed also has to be considered ad hence some amount of deficiency is felt.

So I shift to S after I start my braking procedure and that has tremendously improved the stopping distance without increasing the brake force. Could help with the life of the front brake pads too!

Just lifting off foot from the accelerator does not give much as much engine braking in the CVT as it does in a manual, I feel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks