Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 15:29   #1
Team-BHP Support

The DIESEL experience! Swift VDi

New chapter in my car ownership and quite a radical shift also, from being a complete PETROL head who used to go ga ga over petrol and generally look down upon diesel motors. ok exceptions being the "Merc" and "Toyota" more specific Qualis motor which i drove for long distances.

so why the shift.. well whatever said and done, your decisions are made to match your needs, for the time being and atleast for the next few years, my need is comfortable commute (increasing by the day), mostly city and 20% highway, reliability, service and cheapest option when it comes to refill. so after some test drives and some serious thought over which car and if i should sell my iKON decided for Swift Vdi, shift to swift i say lol.. which satisfied my needs as well as added some driving pleasure into the whole decision.

right now i have some disposable income that i can bank on which can be used technically to pay back "the account" am depending for the car funding, over a very short span of period say 12-14 months i can have the car to myself without any tags attached and hence didnt go the emi way, all in all lil financial adjustment and pleasure of buying the car with full payment upfront

I should get the car in a week or max 2 weeks time and was deciding on what all to do, to set it up to my licking as well as share the whole experience with fellow team bhp'ians of the Car. starting off with this post and if mods feel that there might be a better section do move the same.
Old 27th March 2007, 15:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jaggu.. Congratulations on getting your new ride..What colour did u buy?

Godfather
Old 27th March 2007, 15:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

The swift diesel is in a class of its own. Nice choice. What colour ?
Old 27th March 2007, 17:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

thanks guys.

ok to add further, waiting for a white Vdi and till now following list has been compiled for action:

1) ICE, still prefer car stereo for my humble set up, have Pio 7 series (2 yr old) and CD changer from iKON, want to hook it up with a decent set of speakers. Preferably ovals (with mini enclosure maybe) for rear and regular door speakers.

Need to discuss and read up the forum to finalize

2) Tint and minor paint job (mat black) for door, C pillar and running board (maybe)

3) Tyres!!

Cant live with those 165 after my experience with Vxi, so need to see if i can get some good deals with alloys and tyres for 195

OR

Why not 185 on stock rims 5.5 J since am on a budget (for the time being) and a fan of that black iron rims :P

4) Additional set of horns
Old 27th March 2007, 17:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...waiting for a white Vdi
Awesome choice of colours! And will go perfect with...

Quote:
...black iron rims
!!
Old 27th March 2007, 20:14   #6
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu, deep dish with chrome lip and 195/60/15....
We're ready for a shoot.
Old 27th March 2007, 21:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yummy Yummy Yummy.

Lookie what i found for your new ride..

ImageShack - Hosting :: blackai7.jpg

You can thank me later with a test drive

Godfather
Old 27th March 2007, 22:03   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Jaggu, deep dish with chrome lip and 195/60/15....
We're ready for a shoot.
But what abt my shoot?! My car is the exact inverse contrast
Old 27th March 2007, 22:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

to add further, have got some more ideas for the wheels, now so have to explore on that

number plates!! bangalore guys help me with the new high security ones please (embossed ones with water marks)
Old 29th March 2007, 19:21   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quick update:

Final payment made, car was dispatched last sat from factory, so guaranteed delivery before next Friday.

OE alloys are available at 22k, checked out for the heck of it.

Sound system: Kinda freezing on front compo/coaxial with rear tray and 6x9 for stage 1, make and model after real life demoing

Number plate!! Guys get me the address for those new gen water mark plates in Bangalore, in and around Indira Nagar / Koramangala preferred!! i have asked dealer to chuck the OE number plate from my bill

update got it from search option http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/215908-post14.html

"I got mine from PFM on mission road. Stanley and a Hyundai Service Station are also in the same compound.
Also available at Auto Fusion near Koramangala. It is behind the Koramangala Club. Let me know if you need more details."

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th March 2007 at 19:26. Reason: search search search!!!
Old 30th March 2007, 19:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

My dealer has quoted me 18k for the Stock Zxi Alloys + Tyres in exchage for the crappy OE.

P.S Not that the Zxi are not crappy
Old 1st April 2007, 14:21   #12
Team-BHP Support

guys in bangalore, saw white alloys on a swift, i somehow liked it, any idea where its available?
Old 1st April 2007, 14:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

off topic:
was wondering did u use any infulence or anything jaggu? cos the delivery time of ur swift is quick!

dealers in hyd are giving a waiting period of atleast 2 months for a white vdi.. they have stopped taking the bookings alltogheter for swift vdi here..
Old 1st April 2007, 15:42   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
off topic:
was wondering did u use any infulence or anything jaggu? cos the delivery time of ur swift is quick!

dealers in hyd are giving a waiting period of atleast 2 months for a white vdi.. they have stopped taking the bookings alltogheter for swift vdi here..
can i say.. i had to, dont worry as far as i know, allocations are increasing and pending orders will soon be cleared off and booking starting
Old 1st April 2007, 16:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Auto Fusion in K'mangala will help you with both plates and alloys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks