Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2014, 19:17   #211
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 15K kms

Anurag. I had damaged by right side fender and the bumper of my Ritzy by hitting the Road divider. Thinking of going for insurance claim. Is Varun Motors, Begumpet, OK for the job or should I come and tag along with you to Gem motors?

One more doubt is that (as per feedback from guys) if the bumper is damaged, then the insurance claim will be restricted to 50% since it is made of plastic. Is this true?

- Sai

Last edited by Vihari : 28th June 2014 at 19:28. Reason: Reason is in my tag line.
Old 29th June 2014, 09:13   #212
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Thinking of going for insurance claim. Is Varun Motors, Begumpet, OK for the job or should I come and tag along with you to Gem motors?

One more doubt is that (as per feedback from guys) if the bumper is damaged, then the insurance claim will be restricted to 50% since it is made of plastic. Is this true?
Varun Motors will do the job, no problems there. No point in claiming insurance as it is 50% that is what you'll get and you'll lose NCB too, IIRC.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 16:05   #213
BANNED

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 15K kms

Just a small update:

Bought a pressure washer with another BHPian Amarendranath.

Laid my hands on a Karcher K3.550 retailing at Rs 15000/-.

Here are the pictures, shall update with better pictures later on.

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-img20140704wa0012.jpg

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 23:38   #214
BANNED

Got the seat covers done for the Swift today. I know it is late but nevertheless. Kept it simple this time also like the Ritz.

Went for black colour to match the interiors and the blue-black combo goes well. Was initially thinking of going for the Swift RS version seat covers but was in double state of mind whether to get them or go for a single colour cover. After a lot of thinking, I decided to go for black.

Work was done within 2 hours and the quality is good, no rough edges or stretches (excessive tension). While on this, dad got the floor mating done (end to end), chose dark grey colour.

Costs involved:

Seat Covers: 6800/-
Mats: 1000/-

Total: Rs 7800/-

Posting a few pictures of the interiors:

Front Seats - view from passengers side:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-1.jpg

Front Seats - view from drivers side:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-3.jpg

Rear Seats
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-4.jpg

The Mats:
The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-dsc_0453.jpg

Will be going in for the 20K service in 8 days. Shall update the thread with the service details and costs along with some pictures too.

Till then... Happy and safe driving.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th July 2014 at 23:45.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 07:22   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

The quality and workmanship for the seat cover installation looks good. Congrats
BTW, what is that strange wire going through the mat in the last pic??
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 08:16   #216
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The quality and workmanship for the seat cover installation looks good. Congrats
BTW, what is that strange wire going through the mat in the last pic??
Thank your Sir.

I did like the workmanship and the way in which everything was done. The whole work was done within 2 hours at my home.

The wire that is dangling is from the mobile holder-cum-charger that sits behind the gear lever. It is not going through the mats, just hanging from above.

Anurag.
Old 3rd August 2014, 19:58   #217
BANNED

Another milestone in the Blue Streak's journey and it is 7.5 months old approximately:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140803_195609.png
Views: 2699
Size:  744.5 KB

It happened but I missed it by 3 kms.

Tuesday will be taking it for service as Monday the ASC will be crowded and packed due to weekend back-log. Odometer as of today is 20121 kms. Another 130 kms will get added by the time it goes for service.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd August 2014 at 20:02.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 10:24   #218
BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

That is some real good running. My purchase was on 05-Jan-14 and my odo stands at 11,700 today. The driving experience has been absolutely fun filled.

You are clocking the kms really fast. Reminds me of our Esteem Diesel. The kms used to be clocked at about 40,000 km per year.
benzinblut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 12:28   #219
Senior - BHPian

Re: The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi (Torque Blue) - 20K kms

Yet another milestone of many more to come Will be awaiting your 20k service report. My car also has that annoying judder in 3rd,4th & 5th gears when the rpm is between 1800-2000.

I really hope they have a solution to this
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 12:56   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post

- Sai
Not sure if it is too late, but if you have a 0 dep, bumper to bumper policy, this should get covered completely. You would only have to pay the documentation/processing charges of around 1k. If you do not have a 0 Dep, better to get it done outside the A S S and the rates would be much reasonable.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 00:12   #221
BANNED

Had planned to send the car on Tuesday for service but couldn't due to work load so got it done today. The odometer reading was 20, 476 kms.

No such complaints except for the vibration felt between 1800 - 2100 RPM.

-> Engine Oil (5W40) - Synthetic (Shell Helix)
-> Coolant
-> Brake Fluid
-> Cabin Air Filter
-> (a)Fuel Filter
-> (b)Air Filter
-> (c)Engine oil filter

[a, b, c] - This is clubbed and labelled as "Service Kit".

Extra work done:
-> Caliper Greasing
-> A/C Blower Cleaning

The story of a Blue Streak a.k.a Maruti Swift ZDi (Torque Blue). 1,20,000 km up & now sold-untitled.jpg

MODS carried out:

-> 60/55W Philips Xtreme Vision headlamps
->Star 3D Mats

MODS to be done:

-> Universal Premium Wipers from Auto Trends (Ordered, yet to be delivered)

-> LED bulbs for interior cabin light + brake light + indicators

->Arm rest.

------------------------------------

Coming to the problem of vibrations that I had felt. Hearing my problem another customer who drives a 76K Ritz VDi spoke up and demanded an answer.

A cool and simple answer given, it is common in all DDiS engines be it Swift / Ritz / SX4 / Ertiga.

I didn't believe it, so my SA to prove his statement went to the security office and bought 19 keys with him of Swift, Ritz and Ertiga's DDiS that had come for service. He asked me to drive all and see if it was a common issue or no and going by their registration numbers they were manufactured at different periods.

Though I didn't drive all of them but just 2 cars and yes they were vibrating at the same RPM range but at a much higher threshold than what I was experiencing. So I thanked the SA & Service Manager, paid the bill and walked out.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 8th August 2014 at 00:25.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 01:10   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So I thanked the SA & Service Manager, paid the bill and walked out.
So we have no option but to grin and bear is it ? I thought there would be a solution to this. I'm also looking to replace the wiper blades as the current one's have started to judder and when set to 'medium' or 'high' I can feel some vibrations in the footwell area. Does this happen with your car too ?
Old 8th August 2014, 01:16   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

So we have no option but to grin and bear is it ? I thought there would be a solution to this.
There will be some solution! Will do something and find why it vibrates and what the solution could be.

Quote:
I'm also looking to replace the wiper blades
The ones that I have ordered are yet to be delivered so once it does will post a mini review. You can decide then. Shall upload the link to purchase those wipers.

They cost Rs 299/-

Quote:
I can feel some vibrations in the footwell area. Does this happen with your car too ?
When are these vibrations felt? Is it at the same time @ 1800-2100RPM?

Anurag.
Old 8th August 2014, 01:24   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
There will be some solution! Will do something and find why it vibrates and what the solution could be.

Hopefully we can find out why

Quote:
When are these vibrations felt? Is it at the same time @ 1800-2100RPM?

Anurag.
Nope. This vibration isn't from the engine,looks like wiper judder or from wiper motor. The other day it was pouring and I'd set the wiper to 'low' and at times 'high' speed. I could feel some vibration in the footwell area,in particular left off the clutch.
Old 8th August 2014, 05:43   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Nope. This vibration isn't from the engine,looks like wiper judder or from wiper motor. The other day it was pouring and I'd set the wiper to 'low' and at times 'high' speed. I could feel some vibration in the footwell area,in particular left off the clutch.
No buddy. There was no such vibration felt in the foot well area.

Why don't you check the bolts that are holding the wipe motor in place.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks