Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 21:35   #1
BHPian

Land Rover Evoque - Sold Out until 2013

Things are surely looking up for the Tata owned Land Rover.

In the recent times who has heard of any vehicle being sold out for a complete year ?

Evoque sold out until 2013 - News - Land Rover Owner International magazine

Looks like the Evoque will become yet another iconic model from the Land Rover stables.

I encourage people who are buying new LRs so that they will sell their used Defenders, Discos to souls like me !!!
RAINMAKER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 16:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Land Rover Evoque - Sold Out until 2013

Just goes to show what great styling & a premium brand can do to an ordinary vehicle. The Evoque is basically a dressed-up Freelander2. While the former has had reasonable success, Evoque sales have shot through the roof.

I consider either to be very ordinary, and not worth the asking price (in India) at all.
Old 12th April 2012, 20:26   #3
BHPian

^^^ Yup. And I read in OD that the midas touch was to name this the Range Rover instead of Land Rover. A luxury badge, for an ordinary Land Rover at a somewhat affordable price (internationally): it'll fly off the shelf!!!

I personally don't like the styling at all. Give me the contemporary boxy looks of the Land Rover or the Range Rover classic anyday.
ssh1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 20:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

When one goes to a JLR dealership. the sales staff does NOT encourage you to go for the Evoque !! they themselves do not push the vehicle calling it expensive..

cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 23:02   #5
BHPian

I did check out the car. It's a bit too small and SAV should be the right word for it. But I'd be lying if I say that the car didn't look great. It did! Its the badge that ultimately made all the difference as rightly mentioned by GTO
Old 13th April 2012, 02:15   #6
BHPian

I am now confused. Was the Evoque a 'limited' production vehicle that it is sold out for the rest of the year?

Sales in the US indicate hardly any volume (~700 a month steady for the past 6 months since its release).

Although I agree sales in US may not be the right indicator for a British brand with a primary market in Europe, but 'sold out' is a bit hard to digest. Is LR deliberately keeping production low to get benefits of exclusivity, or they just can't make enough of them ?

Last edited by NinadJoshi : 13th April 2012 at 02:29.
Old 13th April 2012, 11:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think that could be because it is still produced only in UK and sold/shipped from there. Domestic home + international committments can be reason for a full sell out.
Old 13th April 2012, 22:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just goes to show what great styling & a premium brand can do to an ordinary vehicle. The Evoque is basically a dressed-up Freelander2. While the former has had reasonable success, Evoque sales have shot through the roof.

I consider either to be very ordinary, and not worth the asking price (in India) at all.
Completely agreed. A 2 liter engine one that makes more noise than a herniated cat in a washing machine at full speed.
The styling too is a bit too 'girly' for me. it just seems like a deeply compromised vehicle.
Old 14th April 2012, 05:27   #9
BHPian

Umm..what are they talking about the Evoque being "sold out"? Plenty available in this part of the world! (Please note the cars in this list are brand new cars in stock with Land Rover dealers all over Australia). And a quick call to Land Rover Melbourne now confirmed that they have 12 cars in stock right now, ready to be delivered.

So its not really true that it has been "sold out" throughout the world.

LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER EVOQUE Cars For Sale - Brand new cars in stock - carsales.com.au
Old 26th April 2012, 09:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

As if it isnt over priced as of now!

Victoria Beckham turns car designer

Get the rest of pix @ Range Rover Evoque Victoria Beckham Edition | Photo Gallery - Yahoo! Autos

80k GBP for this!
Attached Thumbnails
Land Rover Evoque - Sold Out until 2013-rangeroverevoquebeckhamedition00jpg_185658.jpg  

Land Rover Evoque - Sold Out until 2013-rangeroverevoquebeckhamedition01jpg_185658.jpg  

Land Rover Evoque - Sold Out until 2013-rangeroverevoquebeckhameditioninteriorjpg_185704.jpg  

Land Rover Evoque - Sold Out until 2013-rangeroverbeckham1458x340.jpg  

Old 26th April 2012, 10:32   #11
BHPian

I don't know a thing about the lineage of LR/RR vehicles but this one at least looks very good to me. Judging by the response of other members it is perhaps a departure from the original LR/RR design philosophy but IMO this is one smart looking vehicle (price notwithstanding ) and it would make sense to me that consumers are lining up for this.
Old 26th April 2012, 12:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

No doubt the VB Evoque is overpriced, but does that woman know how to bling up a car proper or what!! Impressed, matte paint finish, gloss black detailing and alloys.

I was scared i would be a pink and chrome monstrosity!!
Old 1st May 2012, 22:05   #13
BANNED

I would say Evoque is world's best looking SUV. Overpriced? Lot of other $hit looking cars are overpriced, too. So why pick on Evoque alone? I can understand people queueing up to buy this car but I do not understand car enthusiasts here bad-mouthing it. Or, is it sour grapes? Or, we are so much used to the new crop of ugly cars that we find a thing of beauty very repulsive. I'm sure we will have lot of fans here for that 1 crore plus ugliest looking Merc SUV. The one which resembles Bolero. Is it worth 1 crore? I wouldn't pay even 10 lakhs for it. So what if it is a Merc?
Old 1st May 2012, 22:16   #14
BHPian

I saw a Evoque in San Diego's Mission beach yesterday, it was a carbon black one which looked very sleek. Its a definitive change from the other SUVs that are out there. I am not sure of its sold out until 2013 as I did call a dealer here and he confirmed that its in stock.
Old 14th July 2012, 11:26   #15
BHPian

Evoque looks different and now few of the SUV's are trying to emulate its same design lines. The pricing is too high to begin with and that will be one factor that will be stopping enthusiasts from really choosing it...50L plus is definitely too high....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks