Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 16:19   #511
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys have some patience and first lets have a look at it.In many casses we have seen india specific models been dumped and we are in for a surprise evry time.So case being that lets be confirmed that we are getting a proper fully grown matured boy rather than a kid in a loose dress.lolz.But any ways punto should not leave us sad or rather lets hope for it,

ram
Old 5th May 2009, 16:46   #512
BHPian

Everything depends upon the pricing, with new maruthi ritz and swift around, even a slightly high pricing could kill the product..Also from whatever i have seen, i feel the interiors doesn't look like that of a premium hatch, say fabia..

@ram_hyundai..
Dude, no one is going to book the car without a complete test drive, the urgency shown is to see whether GP would fit in the requirements or to move on to swift or some other car..

@sriramv.iyer
7.5OTR doesnt even come in my wildest of dreams, and comparing Fiat with Honda atleast w.r.t brand image is just a joke,Honda owns a very strong reputation among the indian buyers and there are people who don't mind shelling an extra 1.5l just for the brand name 'Honda'..If fiat plans to go the 'Fusion' way,then we might see that.Hope fiat looks at gaining profit by selling more cars at fair prices instead of selling few cars at higher prices..
Old 5th May 2009, 20:07   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
@prabhuv,@sathyaprakash,@anachronix

Guys, I am not sure whether we would get any reasonable discounts if we book together, but I am sure the dealer will not try any of his antics..

Let's form a group with people who are interested in buying this car in chennai and once the launch date gets announced, let's visit the dealer together....My budget is strictly 6L(onroad) and won't mind going in for a base version diesel if the price is high and if the car is worth the price..

P.S: Assuming that i'm going to buy this car at any cost, i've already informed my friend,who is flying down to india this month end, to purchase the music system.. Hope Fiat doesn't delay the launch again, if it does, then i should say it's curtains for Fiat(atleast for me)..
@anachronix, @CliffHanger , @sathyaprakash

So it is a gang for four. Lets all check out together. If Fiat disappoints (which I hope they do not)....

I will anyways check with VST Motors and see what those guys have to say.
Have any of you guys checked with anybody else by any chance ??
Old 5th May 2009, 20:15   #514
BHPian

can any one compare the dimensions between GP & Jazz and also the various features including safety aspects

I am sure the top end of Jazz will not have an alloy as they have not offered with City either then will Jazz have stearing mounted audio controls in its top end model?
Old 6th May 2009, 10:17   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
er car..

@sriramv.iyer
7.5OTR doesnt even come in my wildest of dreams, and comparing Fiat with Honda atleast w.r.t brand image is just a joke,Honda owns a very strong reputation among the indian buyers and there are people who don't mind shelling an extra 1.5l just for the brand name 'Honda'..If fiat plans to go the 'Fusion' way,then we might see that.Hope fiat looks at gaining profit by selling more cars at fair prices instead of selling few cars at higher prices..
@CliffHanger:
Bangalore rates are such! It would be around 6.8 - 7.0L OTR in Chennai.
(I am only talking about diesel cars here)

Fusion+ sells at 8.11L OTR (This version doesnt have airbags, ACC)
Skoda Elegance sells at 8.9L OTR, and Ambiente (very good spec) sells at 8.29L OTR
Swift VDi without ACC, Alloys, Airbags costs 6.35L

I would really be happy if I get Punto @ 7.5L OTR with Alloys, ACC, Airbags, Blue & Me etc. It is not bad at all. [90 BHP + VGT is a bonus )

I am sure they would have other versions starting @ 6.0 - 6.3L OTR for the diesel.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:26   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
@CliffHanger:
Bangalore rates are such! It would be around 6.8 - 7.0L OTR in Chennai.
(I am only talking about diesel cars here)

Fusion+ sells at 8.11L OTR (This version doesnt have airbags, ACC)
Skoda Elegance sells at 8.9L OTR, and Ambiente (very good spec) sells at 8.29L OTR
Swift VDi without ACC, Alloys, Airbags costs 6.35L

I would really be happy if I get Punto @ 7.5L OTR with Alloys, ACC, Airbags, Blue & Me etc. It is not bad at all. [90 BHP + VGT is a bonus )

I am sure they would have other versions starting @ 6.0 - 6.3L OTR for the diesel.
I don't expect the price difference of Grande Punto from Linea to be more than 1.5L at max. This means that ex-showroom of top end Punto diesel will be at minimum 6.5L, which would translate to on-road price of about 7.5L in Bangalore.

Seeing the petrol variant price of i20, diesel variant of i20 with air bags, ABS, alloys, fog lamps, auto-climate should cost more than 8.5L.

In that way, Swift Dzire and Punto will make more sense than most counterparts such as i20, Fusion, Jazz (obviously) and Fabia.

I don't think Punto will compete with Swift even though prices could be closer. Prices of Palio MJD (no feature rich version though), Swift diesel, Punto diesel and Dzire diesel will see very nominal price difference of about 30K (have not verified of the current prices when I guessed all these).
Old 6th May 2009, 11:36   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I don't expect the price difference of Grande Punto from Linea to be more than 1.5L at max. This means that ex-showroom of top end Punto diesel will be at minimum 6.5L, which would translate to on-road price of about 7.5L in Bangalore.

Seeing the petrol variant price of i20, diesel variant of i20 with air bags, ABS, alloys, fog lamps, auto-climate should cost more than 8.5L.

In that way, Swift Dzire and Punto will make more sense than most counterparts such as i20, Fusion, Jazz (obviously) and Fabia.

I don't think Punto will compete with Swift even though prices could be closer. Prices of Palio MJD (no feature rich version though), Swift diesel, Punto diesel and Dzire diesel will see very nominal price difference of about 30K (have not verified of the current prices when I guessed all these).
I agree with Opendro here.
As far as my information goes, the base price of the diesel would be 5.5l OTR(and that sounds logical since we expect it to replace the Palio diesel).
Now that's a thing to cheer about.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:40   #518
BHPian

Grand Punto Launch.....

A little birdie has told me that GP will be available in 3 engine variants, 1.2 Petrol, 1.4 Petrol and 1.3 multijet.
The prices would start approx from 5L. The launch will happen in a few days. I am not sure how true this information is but thought I will share this in here anyway.
By the look of it, GP will be positioned above Palio Stile competing with Getz/I20/Fabia but missing out going head to head against Swift.
Fiat seems to be still banking on Palio as entry level even though looking at vasudeva's excel, sales are not much, hoping that some day...
So folks, time to visit Tata-Fiat showrooms again.....

Avenger
Old 6th May 2009, 11:54   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I don't expect the price difference of Grande Punto from Linea to be more than 1.5L at max.
I expect the difference to be at least 2 L (OTR) for a similarly specced Linea and Punto. What is the opinion of others here?
Old 6th May 2009, 12:42   #520
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
I expect the difference to be at least 2 L (OTR) for a similarly specced Linea and Punto. What is the opinion of others here?
I'm expecting GP prices will match the prices of swift with similar specs. Which implies price difference with Linea will be around 2L (indeed that's my expectation)
Old 6th May 2009, 12:46   #521
Senior - BHPian

My guess is GP will be priced between 5 - 6 lakhs ex.showroom.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:58   #522
Senior - BHPian

Another thought; now that the excise increase for engine sizes > 1500 cc is taken off, Fiat should release the 1.6 JTD for Punto and Linea.

For 1.3, I guess VGT is a must. It will be silly of Fiat if they release Punto only with the FGT version.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:48   #523
Senior - BHPian

yes, with the waiver off the duty on 1.5 ltr plus engines, not just Fiat, other manufacturers should also look at right sizing their engines according to segment/size of the car.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:12   #524
BHPian

grande punto launch

prices of grande punto confirmed atleast as of today
PETROL-4.5-6.0 EX SHOWROOM
DIESEL-5.25-6.5 EX SHOWROOM

TRIMS
*ACTIVE1.2L PETROL/1.3MULTIJET
Power steering
-Front power windows
- Black door handles /ext
mirrors
- Immobilizer
Standard contents:
- Manual A/C
- Power steering
-Front power windows
- Black door handles /ext
mirrors
- Immobilizer
*DYNAMIC1.4 PETROL/MULTIJET DIESEL
Central door lock
- Front power windows
- Rear power windows
- Front fog lamps pre-kit
- Coloured central console/door
handles/gearbox frame
Standard contents:
- Central door lock
- Front power windows
- Rear power windows
- Front fog lamps pre-kit
- Coloured central console/door
handles/gearbox frame
*EMOTION1.4PETROL/MULTIJET DIESEL
Remote door lock
- Front fog lights
- ABS
- Radio CD + MP3
- Front grill painted
- Height adjust. Steering wheel
- Height adjust driver seat
- Split rear seat
- Body colour door handles / ext
mirrors
- Rear defogger / window wiper
- Height adj. safety belt
- Bicolour dashboard
- electric adjust mirrors
Standard contents:
- Remote door lock
- Front fog lights
- ABS
- Radio CD + MP3
- Front grill painted
- Height adjust. Steering wheel
- Height adjust driver seat
- Split rear seat
- Body colour door handles / ext
mirrors
- Rear defogger / window wiper
- Height adj. safety belt
- Bicolour dashboard
- electric adjust mirrors
*EMOTION PACK1.4 PETROL/MULTIJET
Automatic A/C
- Blue & Me with steering
controls
- Alloy wheels
- Front Airbags
- Leather steering wheel
Old 6th May 2009, 15:32   #525
Senior - BHPian

if the price is bang on so the palio is dead?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks