Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2016, 08:00   #856
BANNED

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Any idea when is the Toyota Innova review from team bhp out ? It's June 10 , can team bhp moderators update ??

Hi Ranga, yes it's the 10th, today the 11th, tomorrow the 12th. So? Patience my friend, it's the age old adage of quality over quantity. Trust the review will not give you half baked information like the scores of them available on YouTube. But at the same time, everyone has a day job that pays 😊

Ps: it's not going to go up this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Thanks Sankar for sharing accessories list.

I see sun roof webasto as option available for 95K. Do we have any pictures of it.

I see only two missing features when compare to XUV, sunroof and tiretronics.

That'd be sweet to have, but it should be a dealer level option. The TGA doesn't have it, in fact the dealer I have interacted with is not even offering a music system. They have gone by the book, quite literally the brochure! Besides, now I am wondering how can the fit the sunroof with the overhead blower/AC configuration? It maybe a very small one indeed!

For TPMS, refer the setup Frank has on his Polo GT TSi, you'll find that in the ICE section. It's worth gawking at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
This is precise reason I am dragging my feet on the Crysta. (At least I have narrowed down on the Auto.)

The last row is strictly for 3 kids or 2 adults. myself that the comforts/ nice thingamies are worth the additional 6 lacs without the 8 seater; nor am I able to say "I need the 8 seater; forget the bells & whistles or safety"

Sridhu, all the very best with whatever choice you make. The decision obviously needs to be that how often do you need all the seats up? And when you need them so, do you intend to carry all their luggages. I somehow feel the 7 seat configuration served my purpose for 98% of the time. For the rest, I can make arrangements. Maybe this can help your approach?

Last edited by methecupid : 11th June 2016 at 08:04.
methecupid is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 13:51   #857
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Seeing some G variants as well on the roads here now. It was Z all the way until now. The indefinite stay on the ban here will surely put more cars on the road now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
I am pretty happy and content with the way the Power mode works. Infact I'd go a step ahead and say they've really got the tuning right for all three modes...Really curious on what led you to form your opinion.
I felt the engine was revving a bit too much in lower gears and the AT resembled a CVT in Power mode. Preferred Eco mode when I drove the vehicle. More details here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3984504
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 16:28   #858

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7 Petrol Variant’s Production to Begin from July 18.
Petrol innova:
Checked with Ravindu Toyota, Bangalore- The executive replies, they don't have have any info on when the petrol mill will be out.

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2016 at 17:31. Reason: Editted quoted post
Old 12th June 2016, 20:27   #859
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016

Completed 700 on the ODO.

Issues disturbing me currently-

- Left door rattle during low rpm and sharp bumps.
- Horn is sounding funny (some inconsistent electrical supply I guess)
- There was a loud and inconsistent clatter from the engine during acceleration after a cold start which apparently vanished after engine reaching it's optimum temperature. The engine never sounded like that before during cold starts. (Is that a premature injector failure sign?)

Will report the above issues during 1st service. Never expected this from a Toyota.

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 12th June 2016 at 20:39.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 20:53   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Thanks Sankar for sharing accessories list.

I see sun roof webasto as option available for 95K. Do we have any pictures of it.

I see only two missing features when compare to XUV, sunroof and tiretronics.
I don't know how they are going to fit a sunroof because now all versions come with rear blowers and the free area is just too small. No pics of the same, i don't think they have done it yet in the new innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
If you want to go with the Vibrosonic , you might want to look at a new relay and higher gauge wiring too.
Checked the OE horns they are 3Amp each x 2. Do i need a relay if i am running two 4.5Amp each horn? There is a OE horn relay inside the fusebox.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 10:23   #861

Have done 1300 on the ODO, including a Blore to Chennai over the weekend. There is a beast under that hood. Currently running a avg of 9.4 - 10.2 Km/ltr. Largely ECO mode . Did try the Power mode on the highway and it just kickass stuff.

Been about a month since I took delivery and yet to see many on the road.
This is a real head turner. Have seen quite a few peer through to check the car, discuss among themselves . Both in Blore and Chennai.
TKML has a winner on their hands. Price wise maybe a little expensive but worth the experience. For me it is an investment for a decade to come

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th June 2016 at 10:38. Reason: deleting mention of high speeds.
Libran10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 11:47   #862
Distinguished - BHPian

Impressively large and undoubtedly very comfortable vehicle but not a very stylish exterior. Add to this is the totally hideous chrome accessories already being fitted by owners! Just this morning I saw a dark coloured one with so much chrome it was shining like the moon. It had chrome EVERYWHERE!
Old 13th June 2016, 11:58   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quick question - how much is Toyota charging for the Zx Head unit?

Is anybody selling it from their car?
Old 13th June 2016, 14:00   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Quick question - how much is Toyota charging for the Zx Head unit?

Is anybody selling it from their car?
I dont think Toyota is offering the VX/ZX head unit as an accessory. Its not given as part of their official accessories list. The Toyota accessories guy has confirmed the same. So far from what I have gathered from different forum members, they are offering either the Kenwood/Pioneer/Blaupunkt units as the official accessory. The list can change depending on the dealer for sure.

But IMHO, Toyota should have made it available atleast as an accessory, if not for the standard fitment.

Last edited by samabhi : 13th June 2016 at 14:07.
Old 13th June 2016, 14:49   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I felt the engine was revving a bit too much in lower gears and the AT resembled a CVT in Power mode. Preferred Eco mode when I drove the vehicle. More details here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3984504
Ok I'll agree to that. Frankly I've never driven a CVT till date so don't know the feeling. I agree to the revving below 2000 rpm bit as I've experienced it in all 3 modes. Car seems very relaxed in the Eco mode if you are relaxed that is. I tried 'S' with tiptronic yesterday in power mode and it was something else. Something that you're initially not prepared for. I like it!

First Service (Issues and Concerns)
My car finished 1000 kms last week hence had scheduled the first service appointment last Saturday. I went in at 9:45 for a 9:30 appointment to Millennium Toyota Thane.

I had a left pulling issue and also the steering wasn't centred correctly which I'd told them about few days post delivery. Now the Service Advisor once assigned, post taking inventory tells me "Sir woh left pulling ke liye alignment karna padega". Now I let it slip that it's got something to do with the Camber based on what Sankar had posted but they chose to ignore it. However, he mentioned alignment 2-3 times which is when I realized they're going to charge me for it. I asked him how much and before he could tell me the price I told them they can keep the car with them if they charge for something which is an issue from beginning. Moment 4/5 other customers turned it was suddenly free of cost. They did alignment and the issue didn't go away. They hauled up the car, did some adjustments and the issue seems to have reduced a little but I'm still not convinced it's gone away completely. The steering alignment issue has almost been resolved. I guess it's something I'll just have to live with. Never thought I'd say something like this about Toyota!

Another issue was that they'd not installed one of the fog lamps properly as there was a gap in the housing and the actual lamp. Till 14:30 they hadn't addressed despite me speaking to the Service Advisor (multiple times), Accessories guy (multiple times) and my Sales person (who's fairly senior, a thorough gentlemen and has excellent relationship with us). Frankly I'd blame the Service Advisor who was very busy and seemed overloaded with many cars allotted to him who should have got this done. I had to go to him multiple times to remind him of this issue and it was very late in the day when he took it up. This was resolved and was a 30 min job for which they waited a very long time!

My dad noticed another thing, on the RHS front turn indicator there was a glass portion which had been chipped off. Now both of are were very clear that we didnt do this. I had a Eureka moment and took a look at the photos taken during delivery and voila it was there during delivery and was missed by both of us in our excitement. We were fairly certain this happened during installation. What was disappointing is that it wasn't communicated to us. We can live with it and understand that it can happen due to human error but this whole intention to cover it up isn't something we appreciate. I immediately bought this to the notice of the aforementioned 3 persons. The worst response came from the accessories guy who at first denied it happened during installation then said we'll have to check from our records as to who bought the car from stock yard and who did PDI etc etc. I told them to stop giving me bureaucratic crap and sort it out. They started to attempt to pin it on me and I told them I wanted to avoid the following conversation where I have to show them proof and I'd rather they'd take my word for it. I showed them the photo and the whole tone of the conversation changed. They have agreed to change it but spare parts and accessories seem to be an issue so this has been pushed to a later date!

The drive side interior light has stopped working post service which was working fine pre service. I don't think they'll do anything about it so I guess I'll have to pay for this. Amazingly in my last Innova all the bulbs were stock for almost 25k kms and ~2 years so this is disappointing to say the least.

They managed to mildly scrape the front bumper on the LHS inside their premises. It isn't surprising as they way they drive the cars can give someone a big heartache (too fast, unnecessary wheelspin in a small area, etc). They acknowledged that too and have agreed to get it fixed during my next visit.

My last Innova experience both of the car and the showroom and service centre was flawless. This one hasn't begun on a good note. Hope this is an aberration and doesn't happen in the future.

I have a question on the left pulling issue. Can a normal alignment and balancing chap fix this issue?

Expressway trip
Did a lunch run to Lonavala and back. We were 8 adults and 2 kids in the car. The car never felt lacking in power and climbed the ghat easily in ECO mode. While the engine map and passenger load ensured some sluggishness in ECO mode reverting to normal mode helped a lot. It was still way better than the old car. Got an overall mileage of 13kmpl on the MID for the trip which is very decent considering the power and size of the engine, no of people on board. I think it can give a much better mileage on longer highway trips. Seating is excellent for the first 2 rows of seats. Folks (3 adults) in the last row of seats weren't too happy but managed!

Accessories Shortfall
This is something I noticed both at the showroom and outside. The accessories seem to be in short supply. I wanted the chrome muffler cutter and it was out of stock. I went to the after market guy for some rubber mats as the OEM fabric mats will get destroyed with all the muck and stuff in out Mumbai monsoon but no one seems to have any accessories of the Innova Crysta. It seems there is some mapa (local speak for measurements) which hasn't yet been done for the Innova Crysta. Another guy mentioned that due to lack of clarity on whether this car will be sold due to the impending ban of diesel vehicles over 2000cc seat cover manufacturers don't want to invest in making stocks of the seat covers. Talk about domino effect! I don't believe it to be the reason but it's really curious that a month since launch something as basic as floor mats and seat covers are yet to hit the market! Even for installing the music system they used the bracket from the old Innova and made some cuts to make it work here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Maybe time to start Issues and Solutions thread for Innova finally
+1 to that!

Last edited by miharbe : 13th June 2016 at 14:54.
miharbe is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 14:51   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Completed 700 on the ODO.

Issues disturbing me currently-

- Left door rattle during low rpm and sharp bumps.
- Horn is sounding funny (some inconsistent electrical supply I guess)
- There was a loud and inconsistent clatter from the engine during acceleration after a cold start which apparently vanished after engine reaching it's optimum temperature. The engine never sounded like that before during cold starts. (Is that a premature injector failure sign?)

Will report the above issues during 1st service. Never expected this from a Toyota.
If this is indeed so, I would be very much intrigued and would really be looking forward to seeing their solutions. Maybe time to start Issues and Solutions thread for Innova finally

For one, having been over some of the toughest roads and crackling drives, a couple of accident repairs, over the decade, I still haven't experienced a single rattle or creaking from anywhere. The only rattling happens when we throw in our stuff, coins etc in the cubby holes/door pockets.

Do get all checked and update.
Old 13th June 2016, 16:33   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok I'll agree to that. Frankly I've never driven a CVT till date so don't know the feeling. I agree to the revving below 2000 rpm bit as I've experienced it in all 3 modes.
Go light on the pedal and the shifts happen at around 1500RPM as i have seen in mine when driven inside city. Or when you want to hint an up shift slightly raise the foot off the pedal and he transmission will upshift.

There is no CVT effect or rubber band effect which is holding the engine RPM high for as long as you accelerate. In this box it holds the first gear while accelerating fast but doesn't hold the other gears for as long. Except in S mode.

Miharbe, that was exactly opposite to the famed Toyota experience. Lets hope its an aberration and a slip on their part.

Quote:
I have a question on the left pulling issue. Can a normal alignment and balancing chap fix this issue?
No harm in trying, take the car to the best alignment shop in your city for a trial. They cannot make it worse for sure.

Quote:
Even for installing the music system they used the bracket from the old Innova and made some cuts to make it work here.
Can you pls post he pic of the stereo?
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 16:49   #868
BHPian

Missed adding one more issue with the Glovebox. The one on the top (cooled one) wouldn't open properly. It needed us to manual pull it post pressing the button at times. I requested the Service Advisor to look into this. I don't know what they did but now the lower one which used to work fine till now doesn't come down slowly it just falls very hard and makes quite a noise while doing so. Ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Can you pls post he pic of the stereo?
Here you go. Its the Pioneer 5890. It was a toss up between this and the 8790. Neighbor also has the same unit installed on his Silver GX AT
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160531wa0074.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160531wa0075.jpg

Quote:
Headlights. Bulb change is easy when needed- High beam HB3, Low beam H11. No need to take out the light assembly out to change the bulbs like in some cars.
What kind of bulbs can i upgrade to? Given the dual barrel lights I guess the normal Philips are out of the question?

Quote:
The accessory price list is as given below. Prices may vary in your region.
I so want the Sunroof, I am a real sucker for it! I wonder if it's a better choice to get it done from dealership or Webasto outlet. Did they mention anything about warranty on the Sunroof? They should probably have their demo car with the Sunroof done. It would be a B-I-G selling point IMHO.

Last edited by miharbe : 13th June 2016 at 17:10.
miharbe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:07   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I so want the Sunroof, I am a real sucker for it! I wonder if it's a better choice to get it done from dealership or Webasto outlet. Did they mention anything about warranty on the Sunroof? They should probably have their demo car with the Sunroof done. It would be a B-I-G selling point IMHO.
I gather, you already had experience with earlier generation of Innova. As Sankar points out in his earlier post also, the A/C ducting layout really leaves no room for any usable Sunroof arrangement in Innova. If at all even Toyota wanted to provide it, it would only be very small and that too in the front row (driver/co-passenger), really meaningless. I had the privilege of seeing the the complete naked roof Innovas in that respect.

There are Toyota MUVs/SUVs similar to Innova/Fortuner abroad that have sunroofs. But they have a/c ducting/vents from the roof sides and not middle like Innova/Fortuner. However, they chose not to get that layout for Innova.

Suggest you to control your urge and stay away from such a modification.

I am sure, if at all anything goes wrong, related/unrelated, Toyota will be stern enough to decline anything in warranty.

Last edited by parsh : 13th June 2016 at 18:11.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 08:37   #870
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone with GX and the OE security system has got the auto door lock and unlock activated? I want to do so and the procedure in the manual is a bit hard to follow.

Quote:
Missed adding one more issue with the Glovebox. The one on the top (cooled one) wouldn't open properly. It needed us to manual pull it post pressing the button at times. I requested the Service Advisor to look into this. I don't know what they did but now the lower one which used to work fine till now doesn't come down slowly it just falls very hard and makes quite a noise while doing so. Ridiculous!
Display Crysta also had this problem, mine is also a bit hesitant to open unless pushed in fully with force. Just a minor irritant so letting it slide.

Edit: The damper for the glove box may not be connected when they re-fitted it and that could be why its falling hard. In the manual there is procedure to remove the glove box lid, follow that and connect the damper to the glovebox lid.

Quote:
Here you go. Its the Pioneer 5890. It was a toss up between this and the 8790. Neighbor also has the same unit installed on his Silver GX AT
Attachment 1517491

Attachment 1517492
That looks Sweet, i'm sure the Audio is also much better than my Kenny unit.

Quote:
What kind of bulbs can i upgrade to? Given the dual barrel lights I guess the normal Philips are out of the question?
Upgrade to Philips Xtremevision or Osram Nightbreaker series. Both available in HB3 and H11 configuration. Apart from these two i don't think there are many choices in halogen lighting.

Last edited by Sankar : 14th June 2016 at 08:40.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks