Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:22   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Did you mean this?

PS: Also attaching a picture from our mild-offroad session
the explorer edition touchscreen system I have is far better... Why couldn't they provide the Zest touchscreen in the Storme? Is it because it is supposed to be an offroader, and one can't really use the touch functionality while offroading?

PS: You guys did put the car through her paces, seeing the umpteen scratches on the side cladding
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:24   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
the explorer edition touchscreen system I have is far better... Why couldn't they provide the Zest touchscreen in the Storme? Is it because it is supposed to be an offroader, and one can't really use the touch functionality while offroading?

PS: You guys did put the car through her paces, seeing the umpteen scratches on the side cladding
True that - the Storme does suffer from lack of features. But it has its own forte.

And errr, those are 'sandy' / 'dirt' scratches. A good wash was all it took to clean them up
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:24   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Did you mean this?

Yup! And that's supposed to be an LCD??...

Fantastic offroading there. Thanks BunnyPunia!
Old 3rd June 2015, 19:23   #844
BHPian

Quote:
What's your take after the mild-offroad sessions? Were you suitably impressed? Did you use 4WH or did you have reason to use the 4WL as well? Do share...
Old 5th June 2015, 12:09   #845
BHPian

Was waiting for several months for Storme Launch, now that it has launched. Started hearing launch of Hexa this year, now again confused and looks like the wait is going to continue .
Old 5th June 2015, 12:27   #846
BHPian

Visited the Concorde showroom on NH4 in Pune to drool at the new Storme. They don't have the test vehicle yet and the SA promised to call me when one was delivered. The model on display is a VX with Explorer kit. I took a TD on the older Storme which they are selling at the discount of 50K.

The ride quality was good on the rough patch of ground they call a road behind the showroom and then on NH4 too. I chose an late evening time so that I would see how it feels to drive at night with headlights. It was very comfortable and the throw of the lights was long. Being used to the City's quick pick up I found the Storme a tad sluggish, but perhaps I might form a different impression with the powerful new Storme model. Being my first time in such a tall vehicle I missed the rear camera view for tight spot parking. I managed with RVMs. The rear camera is is a part of the display screen that comes with the Explorer kit apparently but is not a standard fitment as we know.

Now waiting for the actual beast. Delivery time is close to 20 days from booking. I have attached the Pune and Chinchwad pricelist. The new Storme offers a extended warranty of 50000 KM/1 Year for Rs 8000.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-img_20150605_105548975s.jpg  

xistinchaos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 11:24   #847
BHPian

OK, so I managed to get my Storme home yesterday! It was supposed to be delivered on Sunday, but once I came to know the car is in the dealer's yard, I tried all tricks in the book to get it delivered, and they worked! So all my earlier complaints about the dealer and delay in delivery are null and void since he redeemed himself!

Anyway, about the Storme now, I got the delivery at around 8 in the evening and drove home during the Friday evening traffic which was, crazy as usual. So got a good feel of the Storme and how it behaves in stop and go traffic. I wasn't disappointed at all! The clutch is really soft and driveability in low speeds manageable.

Having said that, I must say I'll take some time to get used to the feel of it. I've been driving hatches and sedans all my life and its a huge "step-up"(see what I did there?) for me. The driving position is just amazing and all that I heard about people giving way to the Safari, commanding respect on the road etc etc is so true! Of course, the coarseness of the engine( i'm coming from a Cruze and i20), the vibrations of the gear and the shudder when you switch off the ignition, the illumination of the headlights vibrating along with the engine( is that normal) etc etc is there but I'll learn to live with it I guess. These are the things you have to make peace with when you buy an SUV, and I have too.

The interiors are definitely a step up from the old Storme, especially the decision to go with all black and silver theme. That alone has made me happy, on top of that there is this amazing sounding music system with simple, intuitive controls. I'm not a "touch screen in a car fan" anyway, have enough touch screens in our lives already!

So that's that for now, will share loads and loads of pics soon but for now, have a couple I clicked yesterday that I'm sharing. Looking forward to valuable tips from the veterans here for getting the most out of this amazing piece of machine!!

Cheers!
Familyguy
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-wp_20150605_19_16_28_pro.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-wp_20150605_19_16_39_pro.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-wp_20150605_19_58_06_pro.jpg  

Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched-wp_20150605_21_42_06_pro.jpg  

Familyguy is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 14:06   #848
BHPian

Congrats Familyguy on your Storme.

I'm waiting for the test drive car to arrive in chennai, which will be atleast another week and then planning to book.

Can you feel any difference between the older and the new refreshed storme in ride and performance?

Enjoy the attention and respect the Storme commands on road.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 14:26   #849
BHPian

Hearty congratulations Familyguy!Wishing you lots and lots of happy mile crunching.

I am loving the look of the center console in the fourth picture,looks nice,elegant and simple when illuminated unlike the over the top flashy XUV one.
rosaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 14:49   #850
Senior - BHPian

@familyguy congrats and welcome to the family bro!

The black lettering on the chrome lip is growing on me. Or perhaps it gels with the color of the beast.

Use her well and enjoy!
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 14:59   #851
Senior - BHPian

@familyguy.. congrats... enjoy your ride!!! BTW there should be no vibrations in your engine or the car, unless you are mentioning of the slight shudder when you switch her off, and headlights vibrating with the engine... not present at all. Please check
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 17:27   #852
Senior - BHPian

Familyguy, Congratulations on getting the first " Refreshed" Storme on the forum. It is an awesome vehicle. I booked my Storme on Friday. Since I am going for a 4X4, guess I will have to wait a bit longer for the delivery.

From the pictures, the dealership seems to be Concorde Motors South EX II.

Please keep updating us on your experience with the truck on this thread. I look forward to a detailled ownership report from you in the near future.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 6th June 2015 at 17:29.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 19:08   #853
BHPian

@familyguy. Congratulations bro. Your truck is looking smashing, especially the pic from side. Looks like a premium SUV! I guess Tata have improved their paint finish. Enjoy her and share your experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
@familyguy.. congrats... enjoy your ride!!! BTW there should be no vibrations in your engine or the car, unless you are mentioning of the slight shudder when you switch her off, and headlights vibrating with the engine... not present at all. Please check
I second what apache has said. Even during idling there should be no visible vibration in the headlights. Should be a minor issue so don't let it spoil your new toy experience, but get it checked.
Old 6th June 2015, 20:50   #854
BHPian

@Familyguy, Congrats bro. That side pic literally made my heart skip a beat. Its looking Fantastic in black. Envying you big time for living a dream . Wish you luck
P.S : Im sure you must be knowing all of this but just a reminder to take care of your beast especially during the run-in period by keeping the RPM needle under and around 2k, although the manual does not mention it. And that Golden rule of 30 seconds of idling during startup and 45 seconds before engine shutoff will keep your turbo in a top-notch condition. Happy munching miles.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 6th June 2015 at 20:55.
Old 8th June 2015, 12:20   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

The black lettering on the chrome lip is growing on me. Or perhaps it gels with the color of the beast.

Use her well and enjoy!
I am forgetting the name but some veteran bhpian had done the same DIY work (black lettering) when it was launched and it was looking fantastic. It goes amazingly well with both silver and black storme. On a side note, I wish they would have come up with a jet black colour tone like what they had in dicor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks