Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2015, 14:33   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Figo unveiled! Details on page 6

The pricing of the Figo Aspire is promising. Now comes the unbearable wait for Ford to reveal more details about the new Figo hatchback.

I'm afraid, however, that we might be in for a wait: going by Ford India's website, it looks like the next launch will be the new Endeavour (the site has removed the current Endeavour). So the new Figo will probably only come after that. Given Ford's glacial pace from reveal to launch, we might be in for a wait.

I'd love to be proven wrong, however!
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:22   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The pricing of the Figo Aspire is promising. Now comes the unbearable wait for Ford to reveal more details about the new Figo hatchback.
I am only hoping they launch it this year and they give the same 1.5L AT option as the Aspire. That just sounds too tempting.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:43   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I am only hoping they launch it this year and they give the same 1.5L AT option as the Aspire. That just sounds too tempting.
+1. My left leg is in the market for an automatic, preferably a dual-clutch, as a daily runabout.

So yes, if the hatch comes with the 1.5L + AT, then I'm in. A few pages ago, there was a picture of the Aspire with black interiors. That would be the icing on the cake.

If you're tempted, which car of yours would you give up? Or will you increase your car count by 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Mass market has the Aspire, give something to the enthusiasts now please.
That's an excellent point - target the compact sedan at the mass market, and enthuse us with the hatch!

Last edited by arunphilip : 12th August 2015 at 16:06.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:51   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd love to be proven wrong, however!
I am impressed by Aspire's pricing and this confirms that Figo would also be launched at a brilliant price point, just near to Swift. Waiting for the 1.5 TDCi in Figo, what a fun car it would be drive. 100 PS with 215 NM torque, short wheelbase, stiffer dampers than Aspire and what a fun hatchback it would be to drive with a arai of 26+. Looking to replace our Linea with a hatch by next year and even the dual clutch Figo if priced sensibly would be an excellent choice for this mad city traffic.

Launch it quickly Ford, that would make 3 Ford's in our garage
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:02   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

While the Aspire price is good, I hope they don't go the Bolt way for Figo, seeing the positive response.

Also, give it a black interior & typical FTD DNA please. Mass market has the Aspire, give something to the enthusiasts now please.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 16:27   #186
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Ford can get rid of things like leather seats, SYNC music system and even climate control on the new Figo if they want to differentiate the hatchback from the compact sedan.

However, they should NOT omit side & curtain airbags! These are a must on the Titanium+ variant of the hatch. And just like the Aspire, the hatch also needs to get 2 airbags as standard even on the base variant. Front & rear height adjustable neck restraints are a must, too.

They should NOT de-tune the engines on the new Figo, either! Despite having 88 PS, no reviewer is singing praises about the 1.2 Ti-VCT, although everyone agrees that it's a vast improvement over the same motor in the current Figo (that produces only 71 PS). So the hatchback should get all 3 engines in the same state of tune as the compact sedan.

I hope they unleash the hatchback just before the festive season begins!
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 17:56   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm afraid, however, that we might be in for a wait: going by Ford India's website, it looks like the next launch will be the new Endeavour (the site has removed the current Endeavour). So the new Figo will probably only come after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I am only hoping they launch it this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I hope they unleash the hatchback just before the festive season begins!
On the sidelines of the Ford Aspire launch, Ford India has announced that the all-new Figo hatchback will be launched during Diwali (November) 2015.

The Endeavour would be launched during the 2016 Auto Expo.

Quote:
Ford India, on the sidelines of the Figo Aspire compact sedan’s launch, also made it clear that the next-gen Figo hatchback would be launched during Diwali 2015 in India.

The American automaker said that it would launch 3 fresh products in next 6 months starting from today, first of which was Ford Figo Aspire.

The third product would be the new Endeavour SUV, which would be launched at the 2016 Indian Auto Expo in February.
Motor Octane

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th August 2015 at 17:57.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:53   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

The mass production of the 2015 Ford Figo has commenced at Ford's Sanand plant in Gujarat. Ford is on course to launch it's Swift/Grand i10 challenger during the festival season ahead.

The all-new Figo will be offered in both 1.2L petrol & 1.5L diesel variants. As for the 1.5L DCT, it is still not clear if Ford will offer it on the new Figo or not.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-fordfigohatchbackrearrightquarteratdealership.jpg

Quote:
The 2015 Ford Figo is expected to be launched around the festive season in October this year, whose production has already commenced at the company’s Sanand factory in Gujarat.

The 1.2 litre, 4-cylinder and 1.5-liter, 4-cylinder, TDCI turbo diesel motor, mated with a 5-speed manual transmission will power the hatchback. While the company might also offer the Figo with 1.5 litre petrol with a dual clutch 6-speed automatic transmission. However, the company has not yet revealed the power and fuel efficiency figures for both the engines.

It is expected to be priced around Rs. 4.5 lakh to 6.7 lakh, ex-showroom.
Gaadi
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 12:13   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

As Figo is being discontinued the Next Gen Figo spied on test or TVC? Launching soon.

The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-3img_3939.jpg

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...ted-in-mumbai/

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd September 2015 at 12:14.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 08:44   #190
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how far this information is correct.

The diesel version is to have 90.2 ps and 204nm from the 1.5 litre engine.
That would bring it in the class as the Polo diesel, Elite i20 as well as the Punto 90 multi jet in regards to power on paper.

http://www.oncars.in/car-news/new-fo...ober-2015/7719

Last edited by tharian : 4th September 2015 at 08:49.
Old 4th September 2015, 09:17   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the owner's manual for the new Figo hatchback and the Figo Aspire sedan: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...2015_India.pdf

According to the manual, the 1.5 TDCi engine comes with 100 ps power and 215 Nm torque (and in no other state of tune). So one can hope that it doesn't come detuned in the hatch. Having said that, there are various errors/typos in the manual, so we shouldn't take the manual as the final truth.

Also, dimensions of the Figo hatch are:
Name:  Figo Dimensions.gif
Views: 13569
Size:  17.4 KB
And its weight is:
Name:  Figo Weight.gif
Views: 12537
Size:  8.3 KB
The differences are:
  • Length of 3886 mm (vs 3995 mm for the Aspire sedan, which makes the hatch 11 cm shorter)
  • Boot capacity is 257 liter (vs 353 L for the Aspire sedan, a 100 L reduction for the hatch)
  • Kerb weight is just 7-18 kg lesser than the Figo Aspire sedan. Given the unchanged wheelbase, driving dynamics should be identical between both hatchback and sedan.
arunphilip is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 09:56   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

According to the manual, the 1.5 TDCi engine comes with 100 ps power and 215 Nm torque (and in no other state of tune). So one can hope that it doesn't come detuned in the hatch.
That really makes sense arunphilip and will bring back the fond memories of the Fiesta 1.6S, albeit in a lesser grandeur.

We all know that Ford provide some of the best driving dynamics on their cars and the only thing that was lacking all this while was a powertrain that did justice to that chassis.
With this change/update, 2015 Figo 1.5 TDCI must be a strong offering in the latest hot hatches !!

Quote:
  • Kerb weight is just 7-18 kg lesser than the Figo Aspire sedan. Given the unchanged wheelbase, driving dynamics should be identical between both hatchback and sedan.
And lets recall the fact that the Aspire 1.5 TDCI is a brilliant performer with a 0-100 kmph of about 11 secs. I have not driven the Aspire 1.5 TDCI but have read/heard only great appreciation from the ones who have.

With a reduced weight on the Figo, are we looking at another '0-100kmph of around 10sec' hatch??

P.S - This is the best time to be in the market for a 'Hot Hatch'. I wish I was one or had the moolah to afford another!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 4th September 2015 at 09:58.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 10:16   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford will export the Figo which will be manufactured in the company’s new Sanand plant in Gujarat.

FORD KA spotted in Europe.
Name:  Captur1e.PNG
Views: 13515
Size:  508.8 KB
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 13314
Size:  475.5 KB

Quote:
Ford will be launching the Figo in Europe as the new-generation KA. The Ford KA or the Figo will be sold with a 1.2-litre Ti-VCT engine that will produce about 80bhp of power, 1.5-litre petrol engine with a six-speed DCT (dual-clutch transmission) and a 1.5-litre DV5 diesel engine churning about 98bhp of power and 215Nm of peak torque. For Europe, there will also be a 1.5-litre petrol with five-speed manual transmission as well.
The Ford KA will be launched by the end of this year in Europe and in India it is due to be launched towards the end of September or by October.

http://motoroctane.com/news/17974-fo...potted-on-test
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 13:57   #194
BHPian

Thanks for the User Manual. It's a pleasure to know the forthcoming Figo Hatchback's width is same as the Aspire. That's 15 mm bigger than the current Figo and 91 MM longer too. But boot is 32 Liters less than the outgoing model. So, we may assume, they may have given the priority to the back seat comfort and that's really good move.

This Hatchback surely deserves a good success if It's going to be rightly priced. I'm assuming the Titanium version could be priced somewhere between 6.5 to 7 Lakhs.

Just two wishes from my side.

1) For a premium, they should give a chance to acquire 1.5 liter petrol manual version too, since It's going to be export from India.
2) It would be nice if they retain Hydraulic Steering System like in the current generation Figo or same EPS as in Fiesta.

Way to Go Ford, Just waiting and wishing you the best.
Old 4th September 2015, 19:48   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As Figo is being discontinued the Next Gen Figo spied on test or TVC? Launching soon.

Attachment 1410074

http://www.shifting-gears.com/2015/0...ted-in-mumbai/
That is a nice color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
While the Aspire price is good, I hope they don't go the Bolt way for Figo, seeing the positive response.

Also, give it a black interior & typical FTD DNA please. Mass market has the Aspire, give something to the enthusiasts now please.
Yes I so hope that they do not go the Tata way. I have a feeling they might cut corners on the interiors for the base models on the Figo. I hope it handles as well as the last gen Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post

Just two wishes from my side.

1) For a premium, they should give a chance to acquire 1.5 liter petrol manual version too, since It's going to be export from India.
2) It would be nice if they retain Hydraulic Steering System like in the current generation Figo or same EPS as in Fiesta.

Way to Go Ford, Just waiting and wishing you the best.
IMO for a premium version of the Figo they could plonk in the 1.0 litre Ecoboost engine instead though we know that is more wishful thinking.
I doubt they would retain the old HPS yet. They haven't put it in the Aspire so I doubt if they would do the same in the Figo. These components would be the same.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks