Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 13:14   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Yes. I can access all other data and other functions are working fine. GPRS is working fine too!
Old 11th June 2008, 13:56   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
U want to sell n95 for a iphone?
Think again.Iphone still can't send files via bluetooth.
Yeah will consider all points.. my n95 8 gig is only about a month old and a half old. Will be taking a call in the next month or so though
Old 11th June 2008, 19:17   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
i know what the problem is. format your memory card. it has virus in it. i am 99.99% sure

Not 99.99% but you were 100% sure Nawab.I just formatted memory card and its working as before,infact even faster.

Thanx a ton mate for saving me 500 bucks.
One of my employee have same problem in his K750 and service guy told him that some camera switch is broken inside the phone and it will cost 500.

And i also now that how and when it got into my mobile phone.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 11th June 2008 at 19:23.
Old 11th June 2008, 20:07   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Problem with my N70
From yesterday, I am not able to put any theme on my mobile. Now the screen is showing just the blue colour. I have many themes saved on the memory card. But I am not able to install it and use it. ...
Perhaps if you start ab initio, you will be able to figure out where it is going wrong. Reset the theme to the Default Theme. If that doesn't work and the phone still shows the a blue screen, there may be a problem with the theme data stored in the phone mem. If it happens only with your theme (and not the preloaded ones), that theme data is probably corrupted in the mem card.

Unfortunately this data is not visible to the File Manager or the PC Suite. If the phone mem image is faulty, the only recourse then is to get it reflashed and restarted (the theme data goes from flash ROM to RAM when you power up the phone). Back up your data before you get that done.
Old 11th June 2008, 23:37   #3275
BHPian

anytime bro. 1 more tip. if your phone is slower than the time when you
bought it then there is a fuction in your phone for formatting your phone memory. its called master reset. WARNING:make sure you make a backup of all your contacts and sms and everything thats stored on your phone memory that you dont wanna loose. this wont format your memory card but still make sure to remove it before doing this just for prevention of any loss of data from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Not 99.99% but you were 100% sure Nawab.I just formatted memory card and its working as before,infact even faster.

Thanx a ton mate for saving me 500 bucks.
One of my employee have same problem in his K750 and service guy told him that some camera switch is broken inside the phone and it will cost 500.

And i also now that how and when it got into my mobile phone.
Old 12th June 2008, 07:38   #3276
BHPian

Does iPhone use iTunes to transfer songs from computer? Someone mentioned that it can't send files over bluetooth. Is iTunes responsible for this shortcoming as the phone may not recognize the songs which are not transferred via iTunes?
Old 12th June 2008, 10:48   #3277
BHPian

No the bluetooth of the iphone does not have the ability to transfer files over the air. they have left it out for reasons best known to them. So its not itunes that is the culprit.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:37   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Does iPhone use iTunes to transfer songs from computer? Someone mentioned that it can't send files over bluetooth. Is iTunes responsible for this shortcoming as the phone may not recognize the songs which are not transferred via iTunes?

yup iphone doesn't recognize the songs if it's not from itunes!

and yes it cant send bluetooth files

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
No the bluetooth of the iphone does not have the ability to transfer files over the air. they have left it out for reasons best known to them. So its not itunes that is the culprit.
First of all iphone does support hardware for bt2.0(which is needed for file transfer) but they haven't provided with the software ,this is because apple never takes chances until they are sure about the product whether it's iphone or MAC sftwares!

If you heard that mobile phones too can have viruses and that mostly from Bluetooth and MMS!
this is the main reason they haven't provided the two of the apps in iphone!!!
Old 12th June 2008, 15:42   #3279
BHPian

So in other words, their bluetooth stack (From whomever they licensed), doesn't have the file transfer module. How funny! But then, Steve Jobs must have asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post

First of all iphone does support hardware for bt2.0(which is needed for file transfer) but they haven't provided with the software ,this is because apple never takes chances until they are sure about the product whether it's iphone or MAC sftwares!

If you heard that mobile phones too can have viruses and that mostly from Bluetooth and MMS!
this is the main reason they haven't provided the two of the apps in iphone!!!
How can you be sure of the above logic. To me, this is more of a business reason. And apart from No-kia, I haven't heard issues for other phone makers suffering from Virus issues. SE & Motorola for sure haven't got any.
Old 12th June 2008, 15:59   #3280
Senior - BHPian

The issues, AFAIK, are:
1. Prevention of piracy in the music world
2. Inability to adjust the indexes so that the music player maintains list integrity

The first issue is the major reason why transfer channels can only be iTunes and online purchase (via GPRS/Internet). Apple doesn't even support (3rd party apps do, but they are not participating in any anti-piracy drive) reverse transfer from the mobile device to iTunes UNLESS it has been purchased from the iTunes store.

If one gets a file via BT or MMS, the legality of that cannot be verified, violates the principle, and hence it is not supported. Surely themes and wallpapers can be transferred, right? (I don't know - I don't use an iPhone)

On the other hand, if you have files on the PC drive, iTunes will happily accept it. So, IMHO this scheme is only meant to prevent FUTURE piracy, assuming that they can't do much about the old 'copies'.

Last edited by DerAlte : 12th June 2008 at 16:00.
Old 12th June 2008, 17:19   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Lovely logic, DerAlte. Makes fantastic sense!

But I could still transfer images from phone to laptop via BT, or that's not possible?
Old 12th June 2008, 17:40   #3282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How can you be sure of the above logic. To me, this is more of a business reason. And apart from No-kia, I haven't heard issues for other phone makers suffering from Virus issues. SE & Motorola for sure haven't got any.
Because Nokia's most phones are smartphones whereas SE and Motorola's are mostly firmwares.
Old 12th June 2008, 18:36   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
So in other words, their bluetooth stack (From whomever they licensed), doesn't have the file transfer module. How funny! But then, Steve Jobs must have asked.

See all softwares need a script to be written according to which the main product works!! If you have open the files of iphone through the pc suite,iphonebrowser,or the old Ibrickr you can see the details written to be BLUE TOOTH 2.0 (which is suitable for file transferring ) but Apple doesnt provide the script for file sharing and made it old 1.3 version of Bluetooth (in which only headsets can be connected)

I have seen the script ,sorry i have sold my iphone otherwise i would have posted it here for your reference !!
AND i too asked the question to few more knowledgeable guys in this industry !!!

And for the issue of NOKIA , SE, and motorola , i agree to the post mde by extreme_torque

Quote:
Because Nokia's most phones are smartphones whereas SE and Motorola's are mostly firmwares.
Old 12th June 2008, 19:09   #3284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Not really, not like that.

Some Nokia phones use Symbian OS + Series xx application set. SE phones use Symbian OS + UIQ application set. Both support Java-based application installation, and the OS has open interfaces which can be connected to by external programs. Viruses exploit this 'open-ness' - most of them get injected via BT message transfer (not SMS) from infected phones.

Motorola, Nokia, SE, Samsung and other feature phones which do not have this 'open-ness', are safe. No chik-chik no khich-khich!

Some of the high-end Motorola 'smart-phones' (the ones that support PIM functionality) are based on a flavour of Linux, but for some reason no one writes viruses for Linux. Maybe there is no point in writing, because there are too few of them.
Old 12th June 2008, 19:36   #3285
Senior - BHPian

Folks anyone using a Sony Ericsson K790i ? My N70 ME has been acting weird for the last few days and I need to get a new phone. I don't want to retain the N70 and wanna rid myself of this junk.

So whats your take on the SE K790i ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks