Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2013, 14:02   #151
BHPian

Re: TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Yes Its a diesel one, you can note that the CNG tanks are absent in all the 3 buses. Here are some pics of the old ACGL built DIESEL and CNG Starbus ULF/ LF buses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post

I think the bus spotted by Transsenger and the running are one and the same.
Even i felt the same while i saw the other thread where the picture was posted (also mentioned as one among the three), may be Transsenger could confirm it.
v1kram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 15:18   #152
BHPian

Quote:
I think the bus spotted by Transsenger and the running are one and the same.Even i felt the same while i saw the other thread where the picture was posted (also mentioned as one among the three), may be Transsenger could confirm it.
So as mentioned by Transsenger there are 3 such buses. I saw 2 of them operated by BWFS for SpiceJet and the other one mentioned earlier was for Jet Airways in Jet livery.
Any idea about the chassis spec. of BEST Starbus ULF Diesel Non AC[12m] and these 3 diesel AC ULF buses?
One more doubt, how can they run these buses without registering them with Kerala MVD ?
Old 30th January 2013, 16:00   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...One more doubt, how can they run these buses without registering them with Kerala MVD ?
Since its running inside Airport, it can be done. Its in the same condition Cobus LHD buses are running in Bangalore airport.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 11:27   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about the chassis spec. of BEST Starbus ULF Diesel Non AC[12m] and these 3 diesel AC ULF buses?
These buses are not built by ACGL Goa. This is Starbus LPO1623 ULE Airport Tarmac Coach. CNG/Diesel Cummins Engine is used. These are highly customized models. These buses are built by HMM Coaches , one of India’s leading manufacturers of bus bodies and a major supplier to Tata Motors. The company was started by Mr. Bhupinder Goel in 1997 mainly to cater to the requirements of Tata Motors which even today continues to be its major customer absorbing close to 80 per cent of the buses made. HMM, which has its main bus body building facility in Ambala, has recently established another facility at Khopoli near Mumbai. It has a combined monthly capacity to manufacture close to 750 buses in the two units.
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-hmm.jpg
http://www.hmmcoaches.com/star_bus.htm
These are some of the popular HMM built TATA buses.

1. TATA Starbus RE ULF Modular Coaches 12m [ CNG and Diesel, Ac and Non AC]
2. TATA Starbus RE SLF 11.2m Diesel
3. TATA Starbus RE ULF Airport Coaches 12m Diesel
4. TATA Starbus 32 Minibus
http://www.hmmcoaches.com/product.htm
ranjithrnath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 11:56   #155
BHPian

Tata Motors is going to roll out its 2 millionth CV this evening. Lets see how it goes.
Old 19th February 2013, 12:31   #156
BHPian

I always wonder about mileage of these buses, how many kms they log in an year and what is there useful service life, in terms of kms and years?
Old 24th February 2013, 13:28   #157
Senior - BHPian

I traveled from Ukkadam to Pollachi day before yesterday in Madhus, by 1915 hrs. It was already full and i was standing at the last, it was too crowded that i couldn't even take the phone from my pant pocket!

They had done something to the music channels, so that voice was attenuated. LED lighting inside as well as at the doorstep was neat & sufficiently luminous.

Throughout the journey, there was a jolting motion felt in the rear, a sort of side to side shaking. At slow speeds, when i was standing at the doorstep, i was literally jumping. Doctor, kindly take note of this.

Last edited by ramzsys : 24th February 2013 at 13:32.
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 13:35   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Throughout the journey, there was a jolting motion felt in the rear, a sort of side to side shaking. At slow speeds, when i was standing at the doorstep, i was literally jumping. Doctor, kindly take note of this.
Thanks for your feedback ramzsys, will inform Dr. Madhu accordingly. We had some engine upgrade done and also scheduled general check up with AE coach for the body, we can expect a review shortly.
Old 24th February 2013, 13:40   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
we can expect a review shortly.
Vikram, i suspect this may be due to
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuperiasamy View Post
There was a complaint of Brake grab earlier to the extent of spotting my tires.
Because, earlier in my car i had the same slow speed jolt with spotted tyres. I may be wrong too.
Old 24th February 2013, 13:45   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Vikram, i suspect this may be due to

Because, earlier in my car i had the same slow speed jolt with spotted tyres. I may be wrong too.
May be you are correct ramzsys, after the upgrade which was done a week before, the engine performance (in terms of pick-up) is better but i have not got any details on the brakes, let me check with Madhu.

Any other feedback from your travel? like crew behaviour, driving, etc.
Old 27th February 2013, 22:36   #161
Senior - BHPian

V1kram, what is the alternator capacity you are currently using? Have you upgraded? Understand the standard fitment will be 75Amps.
Old 27th February 2013, 22:53   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
I always wonder about mileage of these buses, how many kms they log in an year and what is there useful service life, in terms of kms and years?
Mileage depends on the application, our BHPian's bus featured in this thread's opening post gives around 3.5 - 3.8 based on the load and traffic factor (for mofussil application) whereas the later additions give around 4.3 - 4.4 for town application (again depends on load and traffic pattern). It runs about 360kms a day, some of them even average 560kms a day. Regarding useful service life, i will leave it to the experts to comment.

Quote:
V1kram, what is the alternator capacity you are currently using? Have you upgraded? Understand the standard fitment will be 75Amps.
Ashley, not sure whether it is upgraded or not, will check it and get back to you, Dr. Madhu may comment on it.

Last edited by v1kram : 27th February 2013 at 22:56.
v1kram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 10:43   #163
BHPian

Quote:
No alteration done Ashley, it's the same factory supplied 75 Amps.
Old 28th February 2013, 13:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:
I traveled from Ukkadam to Pollachi
They had done something to the music channels, so that voice was attenuated.

LED lighting inside as well as at the doorstep was neat & sufficiently luminous.

Throughout the journey, there was a jolting motion felt in the rear, a sort of side to side shaking. At slow speeds, when i was standing at the doorstep, i was literally jumping. .
Thank you for the feedback ramzsys.
Music adjustments have always been adjusted to the liking of the crew who prefer high tones and rather low bass output despite the contrary being optimal for good music hearing where higher bass cancels out road noise and allows the mid and high range frequencies to stand out. Also the crowing of the bus tends to change the audio dynamics as audio adjustments are done in an empty bus. The Bass (two 12 inch JBL subs with Sony X plod 4 channel amps) is placed under seat while mid and tweeters are above and this furthers the distortion. Its a difficult problem to sort out.

The LED lights as you have notice have really made a difference. Ours is the first mofussil vehicle where these lights have been fitted. They are made by Ms MN Auto Products , a Coimbatore based manufacturer. They can be contacted at 9600744222 / 9597186666.
Even our Karur vehicles have been fitted with the same and they are performing very well. Photos shall follow.

Regarding slow speed jumping we are facing the same problem with the Karur vehicles too. It may have something to do with the extra plates added to the spring plate system making the whole construct more rigid. the vehicle is going in for a complete body servicing soon. Body U clamp tightening may solve the side to side shaking.
The tyre spotting was found to be limited to a single tyre and this has been sorted out with the Ceat distributor who has replaced the tyre.

Quote:
i have not got any details on the brakes, let me check with Madhu.
Two small modifications in the brakes have solved majority of the complaints as of now. The pedal has been altered to make it more " Leyland " like (pic 1) and improved Ergonomics - Thanks to Mr Vadivelu , Senior Foreman, TASS for the solution. Wonder if Tata can make this standard in the TN Chassis.
The rollers on the S Cam brakes have been altered to a slightly larger size to decrease the amount of effort needed to brake, Ergonomics again. Switching to manual slack adjusters too. TVS Brake shoes (pic 2) are too hard grade and we may switch to softer compounds ( similar concept as F1 tyres I guess)
Tata has yet to make any pressure checks however. So if the problem recurs then we shall go in for pressure checks.

Quote:
We had some engine upgrade done.
There has been certain modification done by Tata Motors Ltd ( big thanks to Mr Deepak Santhanam from TML) to our engine as part of their modernization drive. The new recipe modification involved changing the Pistons , Rings and Nozzles (pic3). This has increased the service interval to 40,000 km and TML claims to have solved the Oil thickening problem with this modification.
We have noticed an increase in the pickup. Fuel efficiency essentially remains the same.
TML- R & D has recently done a Fuel flow test on the new recipe Karur vehicles. I have however not got even a courtesy "Thank you" from them let alone the results of the test. Shall take up this with their bosses and get back

Shall keep you posted
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-20130212_173325.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-20130212_174438.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-20130212_1743191.jpg  

madhuperiasamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 17:41   #165
BHPian

Couple of LPO 1612 (12M) buses.

Picture 1 & 2: Spare bus of SCP Transports, one of the reputed operators in West TN. Pictures Courtesy: Premkumars.
Picture 3: City bus in Coimbatore. Picture Courtesy: Ramesh SMR.
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-20121127388_zpsd854d2ff.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-20121127397_zps509bef74.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-photo2968.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks