Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1st Mahindra XUV500 to be ICE'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
1) Do the back doors have decent space to add coaxs? Which ones are better Components or Coaxs?

2) How do you rate Infinity Kapa range?? Should I go for this or polk Audio?? Am ok to spend a couple of grands extra for a better product.
1) IMHO Components are anyday better when compared apples to apples. The space in the XUV is just enough for a speaker of dimension similar to Stock. Upgrades may not be possible. You can look at this option - Buy some custom boxes from ebay or your neighbour hood ICE dealer would fabriacate a box for you depending on your speakers and space available behind the 3rd row seat. If a box is used your co-ax or compos can be of any size and can also be placed without obstructing the orignal fit.

2) I personally have an Infinity Kappa speakers on my car and also have auditioned Polk on my colleague's Scorpio. I personally felt polk is better but only by a very thin margin. As a general guideline, i would suggest you to listen to both of them personally choose one, as the quality varies from "ear to ear".

Last edited by scopriobharath : 3rd January 2012 at 21:27.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 23:07   #32
BHPian

After going through Kedars and Nitins posts on their ICE upgrades it seems that they have got the speakers installed in the place of stocks only. I guess (AND HOPE ) that we have sufficient space to install components there.
Old 4th January 2012, 01:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Joy, you can easily put comps or coax in the stock location (as you can see from the pics below where Morels are fixed).

As for the comps and coax, well Comps would be any day better, but if you drive alone or with one passenger most of the time, then you really don't need to spend so much on comps for rear, coax would do just fine. Money saved on rear comps can be used elsewhere e.g Sub,wiring,damping etc.

As for Kappa and Polk, i haven't heard both of them, but whatever i have heard from others, kappa tends to be little brighter (i could be wrong though). Polk should be better i guess.
Look it all depends on person to person and his taste. Some would like their music to be right there upfront and some would be laid back. Thumb rule is (as mentioned below) always listen before you buy.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 17:38   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Can you show me a pic of your sub for better understanding please.
Hey Nitin... here's how I used velcro to lock down my sub. I'm not sure if the XUV has a plate like seen in the Scorp. But here it is - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...d-scorpio.html
Old 1st February 2013, 20:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Hey Nitin... here's how I used velcro to lock down my sub. I'm not sure if the XUV has a plate like seen in the Scorp. But here it is - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...d-scorpio.html
Thats a nice way to hold it

Well i was able to fix this issue in my XUV. Since i dont require last row seats at all, hence what i did was, i folded one part of the back seat (for luggage etc) and kept second half open. Now my woofer is sitting on that open seat resulting in perfect non-movable position. So now i am
Old 28th November 2014, 15:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nitin, bumping your old thread. How's the ICE setup doing? Any additions/changes?
Where did you fit the Bit Ten? Did you opt for the optional controller, and if yes, where was this fitted? Pics would be very helpful. And finally, if the amps/bit ten are installed under the seat, how do you adjust them if required? Isn't access a problem? Cheers!
Old 29th December 2014, 12:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Hi Nitin, bumping your old thread. How's the ICE setup doing? Any additions/changes?
Where did you fit the Bit Ten? Did you opt for the optional controller, and if yes, where was this fitted? Pics would be very helpful. And finally, if the amps/bit ten are installed under the seat, how do you adjust them if required? Isn't access a problem? Cheers!
Hi. Sorry didn't see your message before.
No addition till now as I am happy with it. Bit ten is located under the carpet of front passenger foot well so it cannot be adjusted easily. I had it tuned once to my liking and since then didn't feel any need to change its settings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks