Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 18:46   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comments from Harit.

Quote:
Dominator has posted a lot of Bangalore pics where you will be over run by Docs cars. Doc is Dr. Ravi Prakash.
There are some comments to be made. He is the backbone of the Bangalore and surrounding events. He does not have the maximum number of cars in that area, but he uses maximum number of cars. He gives his maximum for events, brings a horde of cars and allows almost anyone to drive his cars in rallys. I have driven his Fiat in a rally as I was in Bangalore on business as the following Sunday happened to be a rally day. It was not planned. It was a rally with a purpose, in every car one or two children with some mental disability were seated to enjoy the drive. It was a fun outing for all, the rally terminated at the Century club and drivers were greeted with a beer or soft drinks, followed by lunch. The atmophere was festive, all had a lot of fun. I strongly suggest that some organisers of rally's in other cities could see how to run a rally WITHOUT playing out egos and jealousies. And give something back to participants. Thats what sponsors provide for. Very Very important and I hope this is read by all. Rally's are for fun and enjoyment of the car owners and the public. Why is this often forgotton?
I am not on Doc's list of inheritors and do not have to 'maska maro'. He has a very open attitude when someone is an enthusiast. I remember, I just phoned him on a 26th January in Bangalore about 12 years ago and introduced myself. He welcomed me to spend an hour and I remained there for 5 hours ending with dinner in his kitchen with his family. Now we are good friends. And I have made many similar friendships.
About Docs cars, they run. And are restored very well. He does have a sizeable number, many valuable cars and how he manages to make them run is amazing. The Delage was missing parts, it is now running. He has a Wolsley Siddley which was incomplete, chopped to be a temple car being pushed around. Manvendra did a fabulous restoration on the coachwork, but the mechanicals were done by Doc. This is to be commended. Ofcourse he has lots of people to help him.
I have been telling him from time to time to see the bhp sites, hopefully he will also contribute some time. Perhaps Dominator can help.
This is a small note on Doc as he again dominates this thread courtesy Dominator!!
Harit
Old 13th September 2008, 22:31   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

Harit.

King Akbar's army will be known and treated like King Akbar's army, not any individual soldier. Overall media attention is already been diverted towards majority, what are we talking about ego's.

There's lot of things that you may or maynot know about Doc, i feel its better we enjoy the post and compliment Docs attitude and passion towards his cars

Lets keep controversies away.
Old 13th September 2008, 23:17   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Dominator,

Does KVCCC have their web site, I remember seeing the site 4 years ago, but not any more.

regards
We did have a site, but I dont think its active anymore. Probably one of our members would revive it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
@ Mr. Harit. Well said about Doc. He is not the biggest collector in town, but participates in a big way. He is always generous with his cars for real enthusiasts and his place is always open for anyone and everyone. A friend recently commented after seeing my posts on Team BHP, saying I was trying to glorify Doc and trying to be his mouthpiece.I am just an active member of KVCCC and contribute in my own small way.Its just that, over the years I have pictures from various events and I just wanted to share it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Harit.

King Akbar's army will be known and treated like King Akbar's army, not any individual soldier. Overall media attention is already been diverted towards majority, what are we talking about ego's.

There's lot of things that you may or maynot know about Doc, i feel its better we enjoy the post and compliment Docs attitude and passion towards his cars

Lets keep controversies away.
Yes Pavan, no controversies please. Mr. Harit was just highlighting the clubs achievements and Doc's role in getting the club to where it is now.Lets get down to enjoying the bikes & cars.
Old 13th September 2008, 23:35   #109
BHPian

Some pictures from the Dussera event against the magnificient backdrop of the Mysore palace
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-e.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-rr.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-t.jpg  

Old 13th September 2008, 23:47   #110
BHPian

The pictures take a long time to load. could someone suggest an easy way ?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-cad.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-fiat.jpg  

Old 14th September 2008, 00:04   #111
BHPian

Are there any members of KVCCC here ?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-jag.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-lanc.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-merc.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-mix.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-nurb.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th September 2008, 00:13   #112
BHPian

as this is a bangalore thread, could I post pictures of rallys in other states here?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-tra.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-sun.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-studi.jpg  

Old 14th September 2008, 09:27   #113
Senior - BHPian

@Dominator, Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them with us. The quality of these cars is just amazing! Do you have any more pix if the studebaker commander??
Old 14th September 2008, 10:21   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Dom, your pics. are getting more and more interesting! Good work!
Btw, the silver sunbeam (MSP) is doc's car, right? My mother once showed me an article about presumably the same car in a tamil mag. once.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:27   #115
BHPian

Very good photo's, Doc's cars are amazing.
In the year 2005, we had an rally in Mnagalore, where about 30 cars from Bangalore participated, where I met Doc too.....really nice cars.
Some of the cars they drove from Bangalore to Mangalore without any problems, heard they covered 360km in 8-10 hrs. Rest on trucks.

DOM, there was a brown coloured Chev Fleet master, (not one of the Doc's car), it was amazing....I forgot the owner name, but it was like Brand new car just out of the showroom.

I am not backing up Doc or any , but really we have to appreciate the way the cars been maintained.....overall a great team work.

Thanks for posting pictures....keep on posting.

cheers

Last edited by girishpv : 14th September 2008 at 11:28.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures Dominator and what a backdrop. i wish we had a venue like this for our rallys in Bombay, they would have been so much more fun. i dont need to say anything for Docs cars, they are fabulous. the other cars are stunning as well. My two favorites the E type and the Mustang. Great job my friend.
Old 14th September 2008, 13:34   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@Dominator, Great pictures!!! Thanks for sharing them with us. The quality of these cars is just amazing! Do you have any more pix if the studebaker commander??
Thanks guys !! The Studi Commander was previously owned by me. I was the second owner. I gave it to Doc ( I sold it to him,but for far less a price than I would have got, knowing his passion and interest & to a dear friend. I am not a Big Time car guy and I as I was shifting from my farm,there was no place for the car, NO REGRETS ). Doc had it repainted & upholstered to its present condition. Will dig out for more pictures from the time I owned the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Dom, your pics. are getting more and more interesting! Good work!
Btw, the silver sunbeam (MSP) is doc's car, right? My mother once showed me an article about presumably the same car in a tamil mag. once.
Probably, Doc bought the car from Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Very good photo's, Doc's cars are amazing.
In the year 2005, we had an rally in Mnagalore, where about 30 cars from Bangalore participated, where I met Doc too.....really nice cars.
Some of the cars they drove from Bangalore to Mangalore without any problems, heard they covered 360km in 8-10 hrs. Rest on trucks.

DOM, there was a brown coloured Chev Fleet master, (not one of the Doc's car), it was amazing....I forgot the owner name, but it was like Brand new car just out of the showroom.

I am not backing up Doc or any , but really we have to appreciate the way the cars been maintained.....overall a great team work.

Thanks for posting pictures....keep on posting.

cheers
I will post some pictures from that event - it was called the Karavalli Rally and we were hosted enroute at Dharmasthala by Mr. Veerendra Hegde. Have some pictures from his mueum. Yes, some of us did drive down.
Are you referring to the Fleetmaster of Mr. Subramani ? One of the better cars in our club. Will post a picture of that car. Confirm if it is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Lovely pictures Dominator and what a backdrop. i wish we had a venue like this for our rallys in Bombay, they would have been so much more fun. i dont need to say anything for Docs cars, they are fabulous. the other cars are stunning as well. My two favorites the E type and the Mustang. Great job my friend.
Yes Speedy, we keep changing our venues at every event. Keep visiting the different Historical places around.
Old 14th September 2008, 13:51   #118
BHPian

Girishpv - were you referring to this car - MYB 1515 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-sub.jpg  

Old 14th September 2008, 14:19   #119
BHPian

Pictures from the Karavalli Event & Dharmasthala.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-d1.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-d2.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-d3.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-d4.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-d5.jpg  

Old 14th September 2008, 14:34   #120
BHPian

Varied collection. Not too many bikes.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-d6.jpg  

Bangalore Vintage & Classic Collection-d7.jpg