Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:46   #76
BHPian

I have seen a lot of Fiats in Pune. I saw a collection of Fiats at a particular buidling on Boat Club road (next to HDFC bank). I hope you know about them. I would'nt be surprised to know that they belong to you.
Old 3rd January 2008, 14:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_is_here View Post
I have seen a lot of Fiats in Pune. I saw a collection of Fiats at a particular buidling on Boat Club road (next to HDFC bank). I hope you know about them. I would'nt be surprised to know that they belong to you.
Then dont be coz they do belong to Karlji himself.
Old 3rd January 2008, 21:14   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
By the way, I saw a 1956 BYH standing in a sorry condition on the road behind my building in Kohdhwa. I am not getting time to come to Pune. Can you please check it out ?
Am one step ahead of you. I had seen the car, it was rather brightly painted in white and blue, and isn't for sale.

Quote:
Yes, I see them regularly. They belong to a mad parsee talk to the watchman there he will give you all his complaints of how cracked the owner is.
Old 4th January 2008, 00:03   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Yes, I see them regularly. They belong to a mad parsee talk to the watchman there he will give you all his complaints of how cracked the owner is.
Hmm.....if I get to buy the green select here, I too would have a collection of fiats (ie., apart from my 2 standards!) & my building watchman already thinks I'm cracked I guess....geez I seem to relate to this guy quite a bit!
Old 4th January 2008, 08:56   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Karl 2 weeks back i was in Pune and Saw one Classic layed down very close to "Chandini Chowk" Shinde Nagar, covered by yellow Sheet and Car was Blue color some rust on doors looks like Impala, did you checked that one also for your collection.
Ahhh Thanks for refreshing my memory... thats a Plymouth. Karl come over today I'll take you there.

Quote:
Please find out if they are up for sale na?
Old 4th January 2008, 13:31   #81
BHPian

Good to know Karl that you live just two blocks away from my house. Next time I am in Pune, let's touch base via the watch-man...lol
Old 6th January 2008, 21:17   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally collected the latest addition last night from my mechanic, a clean original 1962 Hindustan Ambassador. Owned by a kindly old Parsee gent, he bought it in 67 from the secretary to Mr Birla. Ive had my eye on the car for the last 3 years, and the old man stopped driving around a year ago. He passed away a few months back, and the car was made available to me recently. Off road since around a year, I connected a brand new battery and she started right up, and I drove her to my mechanics with practically no brakes . Collected her this morning after getting most gremlins sorted out, (even fitted a set of brand new English Chekko brand brake liners) still have to attend to the electricals. Been having a blast driving around town today though!

The car is missing the original bumpers with their tall guards, some trim and twin round taillights. Otherwise everything seems to be there, including the SU carb, pull-cable starter, original meters, switches and quaint opposing wipers. The car has a couple of nasty dents up front which need to be sorted out asap. Otherwise she is decent enough to use for a while, till I decide to do a high quality paintjob in the future. Unfortunately (!) tyres are brand new, so whitewalls will have to wait.

Pune gang, anyone up for a Lonavala drive next weekend? Theres room for 8.
Old 6th January 2008, 21:22   #83
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Karl. Now you are 10% on your way to complete your garage full of Indian Built / Assembled Classics. Way to go.

Next weekend I am on tour. However to complete 8, you can take Shrivz and Amee .

Btw how much was the service bill?
Old 6th January 2008, 21:23   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Btw how much was the service bill?
Half of what I paid for the car
Old 6th January 2008, 21:26   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Half of what I paid for the car
Its about time you learn to serve the family yourself. I am ready to help each weekend.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th January 2008 at 21:41.
Old 6th January 2008, 21:30   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Geez Karl, when you said an Amby was on the way soon, I didnt expect this soon!
Are you taking a cue from Pheroze Mehta (faster than phantom...!)

Anyway, congrats again!!

Although I guess this is one car that wouldnt quite raise eyebrows when you drive by, except maybe for the fact that its got an extremely young bAwa at the wheel!
Old 6th January 2008, 21:38   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Geez Karl, when you said an Amby was on the way soon, I didnt expect this soon!

Although I guess this is one car that wouldnt quite raise eyebrows when you drive by
Like I said, December has been a very eventful month. Theres one more Fiat that I'll upload tomorow. Im really feeling the pinch now. Not only am I really broke, but keeping all of them moving is much more of a bother than I anticipated. Must get cracking on that museum now.

Im not looking for a car that will raise eyebrows and turn heads. The more it is ignored by the aam junta, the more relieved I am. Im considering putting on Bullet badges on my Triumph
Old 6th January 2008, 22:53   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Like I said, December has been a very eventful month. Theres one more Fiat that I'll upload tomorow.
Hmm...am I allowed to break the ice & reveal the fiat's identity as yet?

Quote:
Not only am I really broke, but keeping all of them moving is much more of a bother than I anticipated.
Welcome to the club! cheers:

Quote:
Im not looking for a car that will raise eyebrows and turn heads. The more it is ignored by the aam junta, the more relieved I am.
Uh what I meant was that compared to most of your other cars the Amby is considered comparitively 'common' still...hence my comment on it not being an eyebrow raiser....
Old 6th January 2008, 23:27   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Hmm...am I allowed to break the ice & reveal the fiat's identity as yet?
I can assure you that the picture is already here on the forum .
Old 6th January 2008, 23:52   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I can assure you that the picture is already here on the forum .
Really?? Where is it??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks