Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Where should I mount the lights?
Option 1 - Between the headlights 84 49.70%
Option 2 - on the sides 3 1.78%
Option 3 - on the roll bar 11 6.51%
Option 4 - on the windshield 9 5.33%
Option 5 - on the bull bar 41 24.26%
OPtion 6 - retain existing ones & add D shackles in the front 13 7.69%
Option 7 - none. upgrade existing lights 6 3.55%
Option 8 - Other. Please specify 2 1.18%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:41   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Off-Roading Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I ventured out and got 6 work lights from Hella. My day at Opera house didnt go waste.

Hella they said had the best reflector and bulb and even on my asking for a 100W bulb for it,
Gogi Bhai,

It was a good choice to go for Hella (even without the discount). Their build quality, glass and reflector are way too superior to others.

A 100W would heat the small housing as it has no vents, keep on the original Hella lamp provided.
Regards,
Old 23rd August 2011, 01:07   #77
BANNED

Where can I get Hella headlamps for the Gypsy in Bangalore?

I cant find it online anywhere.

Thanks
--Ragul
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:22   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Where can I get Hella headlamps for the Gypsy in Bangalore?

I cant find it online anywhere.

Thanks
--Ragul
Here you go:

Hella India : Retailer Locator
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:49   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

Thanks. Already been there. I meant to say, I can't find a product on the website that matches my requirement. No phone numbers listed for the retailers as well, but I could find that out online.

Can somebody point me to the correct part number online? I am only able to find aux lights not OE replacement parts.

--Ragul
Old 25th August 2011, 13:59   #80
BHPian

where can I buy Neolites in Mumbai - any specific shot in Opera ?

thanks,
Pranav
Old 6th September 2011, 19:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
where can I buy Neolites in Mumbai - any specific shot in Opera ?
thanks,
Pranav
Theres a Nolite store in the Jeep Galli in Opera House. Its approximately 100mtrs on your right after you enter the Galli. You cant miss the Neolite board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsmy View Post
hi, can u please give the shop address and number. thanks
I dont remember the name but its an authorized Hella dealer in Jeep Galli in Opera House. Its about three four shops after the Neolite dealer. Again you cant miss the Hella board.
Old 15th September 2011, 00:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Theres a Nolite store in the Jeep Galli in Opera House. Its approximately 100mtrs on your right after you enter the Galli. You cant miss the Neolite board.

I dont remember the name but its an authorized Hella dealer in Jeep Galli in Opera House. Its about three four shops after the Neolite dealer. Again you cant miss the Hella board.
V-16, can you share Phone Numbers for said Neolite dealer ? I am Interested in Halogen 1010 or Halogen 1111. Are those lamps are coming with wiring kit, relays and Bulbs or Just plain vanila Lamp casing with reflectors. Is it possible to add additional filters like blue/yellow in front of them ?
Old 15th September 2011, 01:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
V-16, can you share Phone Numbers for said Neolite dealer ? I am Interested in Halogen 1010 or Halogen 1111. Are those lamps are coming with wiring kit, relays and Bulbs or Just plain vanila Lamp casing with reflectors. Is it possible to add additional filters like blue/yellow in front of them ?
Sorry mate, dont have his number and as far as i know, theres no wiring available with the kit, nor does the Hella one come with wiring. Im sure you can add filters of all colours but i doubt any were made specially for these lamps. These are worklights and how many work lights do we see in different colours? On the other hand it should not be too difficult to make a filter for these lights.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mate, dont have his number and as far as i know, theres no wiring available with the kit, nor does the Hella one come with wiring. Im sure you can add filters of all colours but i doubt any were made specially for these lamps. These are worklights and how many work lights do we see in different colours? On the other hand it should not be too difficult to make a filter for these lights.
No problem brother, I will contact HO of neolite and try to find out nearest possible dealer. Now about Hella they come with Bulbs, relay, Dashboard switch and wiring/wiring harness. Please check "Unboxing Hella" Post by RajeshSundaram. As long as I know Neolite come without bulbs but not sure so would like confirm with you. However Pricing is a huge diff Hella 4.5K to 5.5K and similar Neolite 0.8K to 1.1K a Pair. even with aftermarket wiring, switch and relay they may fit 2K to 2.25K so almost 1/2 of Hellas. My Highway drives and Late night Driving is not much. I usually drive at 80/90 and 100/110 at the most, I can manage with little bit lower performance and save some money. But if there is huge performance diff then I can consider Hella also. In short "Paisa Vasul" (VFM) principle.
Old 15th September 2011, 10:24   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I hv this details from same Jeep galli of Mumbai at opera house. Hope it will help.

JAI AUTO AGENCIES
Auth. distributors for HELLA and other brand also.
( Automotive lightings, Accessories, Electricals, & Radiators)

Ph : 022 - 2367 9806, 2368 2669, 30029494

Cheers !

Sanjay
4x4army is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 11:12   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As long as I know Neolite come without bulbs but not sure so would like confirm with you.
The neolites that we have purchased always came with the 50/55W bulbs included.
Old 15th September 2011, 11:26   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4army View Post
I hv this details from same Jeep galli of Mumbai at opera house. Hope it will help.

JAI AUTO AGENCIES
Auth. distributors for HELLA and other brand also.
( Automotive lightings, Accessories, Electricals, & Radiators)

Ph : 022 - 2367 9806, 2368 2669, 30029494
I contacted Jai Auto Just now. They are distributors of Hella and Lumax. Considering Figo he stated that either 500FF or 700FF will be too big and would not suit Figo well, Finally Suggested Commet 450 @ Rs. 1750/- per piece without any wiring or relay. Relay will cost about Rs.100/- and Wiring/installation to be done on our own. However for discounting he kept option open and asked me to finalize the Product then he can do something about it.

Thanks a lot for the contact info.
Old 15th September 2011, 11:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
The neolites that we have purchased always came with the 50/55W bulbs included.
Thanks for info, Do you have any contact details of dealer from whom you have purchased them till date ? If yes can you share with us ?
Old 15th September 2011, 12:05   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for info, Do you have any contact details of dealer from whom you have purchased them till date ? If yes can you share with us ?
It's nearly 5-6 shops before Jai Auto as mentioned below in the same line. There are lots of neolites hanging outside his shop. Don't remember the name.
Old 15th September 2011, 12:25   #90
BHPian

Quote:
It's nearly 5-6 shops before Jai Auto as mentioned below in the same line. There are lots of neolites hanging outside his shop. Don't remember the name.
Well I live in Kolhapur so would like to Contact by Phone and buy them. If you could locate the earlier bills then probably I may get the information I need.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks