Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 01:13   #2911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I would like to know whether Fiat Punto 1.4 FIRE has drive by wire technology?
Yes. See the Fiat Punto site Fiat Punto

Even old palio D (1.9L) had drive-by-wire technology. I don't know about petrol.Palio experts can correct me. I don't think any car(<10L) in those years had it. Currently(<10 L ) apart from fiat I think Ford and Honda comes with DBW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
On my dad's Punto, this light flashes 4-5 times irrespective of whether the seat belt is put or not, and then goes off even if the seat belt is not put on. Is this normal? In my wife's i10, the seat belt warning light goes off only after the seat belt is worn.
It is same with my 1.4 Emotion. It does its job and turn off. Too many warning lambs will be confusing. The door opening warning lamp is much serious one and it stays till it get closed.

Last edited by Amartya : 19th November 2010 at 09:16. Reason: Back to back posts within 20 minutes
Old 19th November 2010, 07:57   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
Even old palio D (1.9L) had drive-by-wire technology. I don't know about petrol.Palio experts can correct me
Yes, you're right brother.

Fiat Palio 1.9 D had drive-by-wire technology. IIRC, the petrol Fiat Palio did not have drive-by-wire technology.

Best Regards,
Surviving Brain.
Old 19th November 2010, 08:32   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
On my dad's Punto, this light flashes 4-5 times irrespective of whether the seat belt is put or not, and then goes off even if the seat belt is not put on. Is this normal? In my wife's i10, the seat belt warning light goes off only after the seat belt is worn.
Normal behaviour is that it gives a continuous beep with warning light till the seat belt is put on. This can be changed from the service centre by modifying the firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
It is same with my 1.4 Emotion. It does its job and turn off. Too many warning lambs will be confusing. The door opening warning lamp is much serious one and it stays till it get closed.
Oh. this doesnt happen with my MJD Punto EP. Your's is a 2009 or 2010 model?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating back-to-back posts.

Last edited by Amartya : 19th November 2010 at 09:18. Reason: Back to back posts within 20 minutes
Old 19th November 2010, 09:03   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
That ain't normal. The light and audible alarm stays for a while before turning off itself. I can't recollect exactly but I was able to hear I about 3 minutes. Time to get your car checked I believe.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:44   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Normal behaviour is that it gives a continuous beep with warning light till the seat belt is put on. This can be changed from the service centre by modifying the firmware.
Oh. this doesnt happen with my MJD Punto EP. Your's is a 2009 or 2010 model?
Mine is a 2010 model (March) Emotion. I think EP has beep but not Emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
That ain't normal. The light and audible alarm stays for a while before turning off itself. I can't recollect exactly but I was able to hear I about 3 minutes. Time to get your car checked I believe.
It stays for some time but the beep is not there.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:31   #2916
BHPian

thanks vsk2009, arunkk and teky for the quick replies! Yes, i don't get the beep, perhaps because it's an 'active' model.

coming to the door opening warning light, i got a rude shock when a bikey stopped our car to tell us that one of the door was not closed properly. i could not believe it as there was no warning light. i then checked the door, and it was not properly shut. i then realised that for the 'active' model which does not come with central locking the door ajar warning works only for the driver door. in a way this is stupid, because the driver's door is always least likely to be improperly shut!

Last edited by Minardi : 19th November 2010 at 11:32.
Old 20th November 2010, 11:02   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Guys, those of you, who have the Punto 1.4, I just wanted to know if the Punto 1.4 is as good as the linea at masking speeds above 120. I have been at speeds of 160 in my linea where I was honestly feeling we were going at around 100-120 tops till the time I actually glanced at the speedo. Looking to buy a car in first week of jan to avail the discounts on the 2010 models. The current model has discounts of 35k. Will I get better /more discount if I go for the 2010 model in Jan?? How much would be a good discount to ask for?
Hey Mihir,

I can certainly say that the Punto is amazing at masking speeds. While I have not exceeded 90 yet (limiting revs to 2500 for run-in), none of my passengers have felt I am driving at high speed. They think I am not going over 60 and keep asking me to drive faster.

You will have to search for a showroom which is keeping some stock of vehicles and may have to compromise on colour when bargaining. The reason being that most Tata dealers do not seem to be maintaining stock of vehicles and are ordering Punto on demand only (atleast here in Mumbai).

Regards

Aniket
Old 21st November 2010, 17:26   #2918
BHPian

Hi all

My friend is looking towards buying a Fiat Punto and is doing his bit of research. He has made an interesting observation.

He says there is a weight reduction of 60 kgs in the new Punto when compared to that of the old one.

Does anyone know how was this weight reduction achieved and what are the repercussions?

I had created a thread under 'Technical Stuff' but haven't got a reply. So posting it here to catch some more eyeballs.

Rgds

Rajesh
Old 21st November 2010, 18:13   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
Hi all

He says there is a weight reduction of 60 kgs in the new Punto when compared to that of the old one.
Not sure how it was done, but yes there is a weight reduction of BS4 Punto Diesel, older puntos used to weigh at 1190kg, new one has 1130kg Wt, which should increase the FE and it might have to do with emmision norms of BS4.
Old 21st November 2010, 19:17   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Not sure how it was done, but yes there is a weight reduction of BS4 Punto Diesel, older puntos used to weigh at 1190kg, new one has 1130kg Wt, which should increase the FE and it might have to do with emmision norms of BS4.
Actually its not just diesel, kerb weight seems to have reduced across all variants. Earlier 1.4 Fire was weighing 1145kg now its 1115kg. Interesting thou, if Fiat changed or modifed any specific part or pieces then the weight reduction should have been same across all. But looks like its something to do with the engine or few specific areas where they reduced the weight.
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:07   #2921
BHPian

Any idea how a loss of 60 kgs in weight , affects its high speed manners(ride ,handling), if at all affected?
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:54   #2922
BHPian

Guys, I just crossed 3000 km mark, and I have to give the car for the 1st service, but there is no service reminder displayed yet, so my question "is it for 15K marks only or is it available in Active model?" mine is an Active Diesel.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:00   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I just crossed 3000 km mark, and I have to give the car for the 1st service, but there is no service reminder displayed yet, so my question "is it for 15K marks only or is it available in Active model?" mine is an Active Diesel.
the service interval is set to 15k always if you see the service interval set in the menu it would be showing 12k left.I guess this first service is just to make sure your car is running properly and to rule out any manufacture defects nothing else.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:11   #2924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't get any 3K service reminder in my E+ either. So I think the reminder is for 15K only.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:59   #2925
BHPian

Correct, the reminder is only for 15K all the time. I didn't get one either .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks