Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2006, 20:29   #406
BHPian

well all the audio system gurus out here plz tell me about the the wiring used for systems r there different types of wiring like silver or gold etc etc or it goes with the neons or for the the lightin system
Old 5th March 2006, 20:46   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_bikelover
well all the audio system gurus out here plz tell me about the the wiring used for systems r there different types of wiring like silver or gold etc etc or it goes with the neons or for the the lightin system
well...nice question bikelover.I am not audio system guru but let me try.....

Most,if not all wires r made of copper/silver and not gold/silver & then coated externally by plastic.

Some connectors r definately gold plated for better current flow.
Old 5th March 2006, 21:17   #408
BHPian

so does it really effect the sound quality and the bass of woofer
Old 5th March 2006, 22:46   #409
Senior - BHPian

Specs/Details of JBL CS series !

Specs/Details of JBL CS series !

download the pdf file here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WJZZY53K

Filename: cs_2005_catalogue.pdf 387KB

Last edited by jkdas : 5th March 2006 at 22:48.
Old 5th March 2006, 23:12   #410
Team-BHP Support

silver wire is really expensive and lends its own character to the sound some like it some dont and some prefer silver in the hot lead and OFC in the return wire.

gold wire i have seen but it is very rare.

gold is used to plate connectors to prevent them from oxidising and hence retaining their conductivity.

Gold does not oxidise. Silver does but it's oxide is as good a conductor as pure silver. most wires are made from copper. better wires use OFC which is copper with oxegeon content of less than 1%. copper does oxidise and Copper oxide is a bad conductor of electricity.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:15   #411
BHPian

Hi Guys

Today i made two very important settings on my HU.!st i turned internal amp off and then did the time correction settings.

I had heard very encouraging reports on TC.Someone in some forum had said that ICE is better than Home audio system [using computer with 5.1/7.1 dolby and all] and TC is the main difference,when available.

I may not agree with above statement but after these settings my system sounded perhaps 30-50% better.

The major difference was that i cud feel sound to be more uniform and really 'feel' with both ears.[not earlier].Other main difference is that bass now seems to come from somewhere behind HU.

But i still have one problem which i think i posted earlier also.
After listening for abt 20-30 min with medium-high volume [around 22],amp goes to protection mode.I have to reeuce volume a bit to let it play continuously.

And it gets hot after abt 30 min.Lights also flickers though no much.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:23   #412
BHPian

RSJ,

What time correction settings have you made on your headunit?

Switching off your HU's amp helps in improving sound.

As far as your amplifier is concerned. When I was there at that time also it was going in protection on Channel B at moderately loud volumes. Which it should not. You should get the rear speaker cables checked as it may have got cut and touching the car body.

Amplifier getting hot is normal. You don't worry. It gets even more hotter in your case as your speakers are 2 ohms.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:47   #413
Team-BHP Support

2 ohms is a nominal impedance if there are dips below 1 ohms the amp might protect itself as well.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:51   #414
BHPian

Thanx JB for quick reply.
Infact earlier i was not able to access this function[internal amp] as this was located on extreme right side of screen and was not visible.But i saw u accessing some functions which r on right hidden side.

There r many ways u can set time correction settings like entering cm,inches or ms.Manual [can be downloaded from crutchfield]has also given a table for all this.I jsut entered those no. as i had measued all distances even b4 i got my system.

U can also download and fill data from alpine website and download it to HU.It saves to preset6.I do plan to do it later someday just to know how it works.Infact u can also do eq settings on website have these download to HU.

I will check spk cable in next 2-3 days will post it but then why even front spk switches off ???
Old 23rd May 2006, 15:13   #415
BHPian

hi members was going through may issue of a.c.i and in this section(ask anything) a person has said that,the ford dealer has told him to fit company recommended stereos the reason given the current rating of the cable connection is different for fiesta and hence could damage various electrical components,what does this mean,was planning on a i.c.e upgrade
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:02   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
the ford dealer has told him to fit company recommended stereos the reason given the current rating of the cable connection is different for fiesta and hence could damage various electrical components,what does this mean,was planning on a i.c.e upgrade
This means that the salesperson at the Ford dealership is a cock (a male hen guys, relax), and he's trying to stick you a head unit that he wants to sell to you whether you like it or not.

Even the most powerful head units with a built-in LCD screen etc. in addition to the regular jazz doesn't need more than 10-12 amps of peak current draw, and all 'Acc' connections provide atleast this much wire gauge. If the fuse in the fuse box for 'radio/cigar' is lower than that you can replace it with a higher fuse without any complications.
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:30   #417
BHPian

well...yogi,no idea abt ur question but thanx for keeping my thread alive.
Old 4th September 2006, 21:48   #418
BHPian

faulty zero-bit circuit on my alpine CDA9853 HU

thank God....i was able to find my thread buried quite deep.

As most of experts will be knowing it [Gunbir and JB infact have seen this],now i want to find the right solution of faulty zero-bit circuit on my HU as i fear it might exaggerate or lead to some other problem.

I beleive there is one alpine service centre in new delhi or gurgaon[supreme Hi-Fi ltd].
Can they repair it in few hours so that i can come back within 48 hrs.
Or is ther some other better way?
Old 5th September 2006, 10:31   #419
Team-BHP Support

Gurgaon is Gunbir's domain. PM him.
Old 5th September 2006, 11:14   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
thank God....i was able to find my thread buried quite deep.

As most of experts will be knowing it [Gunbir and JB infact have seen this],now i want to find the right solution of faulty zero-bit circuit on my HU as i fear it might exaggerate or lead to some other problem.

I beleive there is one alpine service centre in new delhi or gurgaon[supreme Hi-Fi ltd].
Can they repair it in few hours so that i can come back within 48 hrs.
Or is ther some other better way?
RSJ, I serisouly doubt Supreme can repair the HU. All the times we have required such service they have replaced the faulty unit, never repaired. And these were amplifiers. I dont think they can fix your HU, and they cant replace it as its not in warranty. I suggest you give them a call and find out if they can.

If they can, send the unit to me. I will go down and give it in for repairs. I dont think they can do it ni 48hours as they tend to work a bit slooow...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks